Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Ok so I am trying to get a program, and it gives a big discount for students who are trying to learn, BUT the only thing I don't have is an email acount at edu or something.
I have never seen these around so here are my quistions:

1. How do I get one

2. Are these uncommon or is it just me.

Juggling_Arcs

If at first you don't succeed, Sky Diving is not for you.

No luck involved it was all skill... or absence there of

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
i'm assuming that ut is utah...maybe a bad assumption, but edu refers to universities...if you were to go to college at place x, the email address would be name@collegex.edu, or some variant of that.

good luck

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
you won't be able to get a free .edu email account, they are reserved for US universities (and universities outside the US who want to make people think they arn't, like london.edu (very sad)).

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Yup. You get them free my being enrolled in college in the states, or by working for one. At a lot of the private schools, you can even keep the .edu status by having an alumni account. As a result, I have several .edu accounts at the moment (cuz I work at one now). They are actually quite common, just not free to any random person and you can't just find a network service provider to give you one.

Juggling_Arcsnewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Thanks,

Juggling_Arcs

If at first you don't succeed, Sky Diving is not for you.

No luck involved it was all skill... or absence there of