Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Byron Bay Regulars? Are you here are where do you meet?

Login/Join to Participate

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hay - So myself and Spherespinner are currently in Byron Bay - the accredited home of fire spinning in Aust...and I see no Firies?

Does anyone frequent or happen to be passing through byron between 6th - 11th Jan 05?
Give us a bell on 0421 851 886 cos it would be fun to catch up and have a play smile
P.s. Also if you happen to have a spare room / patch of grass; we is currently residing in an ant -infested tent 30min walk out of byron frown Wow is us...(giggle) TTFN D.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
If your up for a 30 minute drive north, towards the Gold Coast, there's Burliegh Beats at Justins pack, Burliegh Heads on Sunday night's starting around 5:30-6:00pm going till late. It's turned into a nice little circle of late... biggrin

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey Hey,

Theres a regular spin class at the Arts Factory at 11am.

Poi workshops and a chance to meet up with spinners to organise a fire meet..

Pity, we had a big fire sesh on the beach last night in Byron. But heading to Brisbane now....

See ppl at Exodus biggrin

k8

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Err yeah come to the workshops at the Arts factory. Around 11am every day biggrin

Wouldn't recomend the poi workshops though!
There's someone teaching poi that can't do an over the head butterfly or an
anticlock wise windmill! (Me) ubbangel ubblol

If you wanna learn how to tangle your poi or just have a spin then come on over. biggrin

We've spun on the beach most nights you just need to get the timing correct.

I'll be around Byron til the 14th when we all move off to Exodusbounce bounce2

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Not sure when I'm in Byron, but will definatley be heading to the Arts factory

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Written by:

There's someone teaching poi that can't do an over the head butterfly or an nticlock wise windmill! (Me)

who yet can do wierd continuous tangly stuff that normally takes much much longer to learn...
*grumblesmartalecgrumblebritishgrumbletechspinnersgrumble*
ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
Hey peoples where is this fire light up in burliegh heads?

I wanna come down this sunday night but i dont have a clue where it is.

Please get back to me b4 Sunday coz i really wanna get down there for a go. Have been going crazy up here at the moment with trying to settle in but it dont seem to work. Plus its been a couple of months since i have lit up.

Thanks all.

Peace.

I can't wait to die, I'm going to Hell. They have fire down there!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
the Burleigh meet-up is really easy to find. I can't remember the name of the park exactly.. but Valura & Arsn would know cause they used to live close-by... I'll ask them to pop into this thread and let you know... but just in case they don't get here.. you just head to the main Burleigh beach and the big park at the entrance to that is full of people drumming & twirling.. it is an early one since the drumming doesn't go all that late.. so arrive just on dusk or before if you want to have a non-fire play too...

We don't make it there all that often as it's about 2hrs from us... but I think there's going a bit of a HOP showing this week as gidge is visiting Valura & Arsn and Moon Pixie was making noises about doing the mission down there...

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
ohhh, really looking forward to it bec. It will be good to get out and do some twirling.

Last night i went out on the oval around the corner and i got abused by this local. I was twirling and some guy came out and started yelling, stop burning the f****n grass. I had a good old argument with him that left him red and embarresed.

He He He, catch yall sunday.

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
well no1 has posted up the address of the park. i think i mite have to go down and guess. have been looking forward to this all week so nothing will stop me from getting up there. if i cant find you guys i will stop on the main road of burliegh and run naked down it firespinning. thats how desperate i am for a lite up. he he he. so if you see a crazy dude running down the highway in burleigh naked stop him and show him where the firey is. he he he. im just picturing that now. that wouldnt be a good sight.

well anyways hope to see ya all tonight.

Twisted_Pixienewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hey does anyone know if there are any regular spinning and drumming if possible in Byron? I will be going to the arts factory but i really want to go to one at night....

Also if there are anyone wanting to just hang out and spin my email is hippie_faerie@hotmail.com or my phone number is 0424731697. Me and my boyfriend wanna meet other spinners.

We kill all the caterpillars then complain there are no butterflies.

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
hey guys az from firetwirl aus has passed on a gig to me which im passing on to any byron-ers
its for a YHA function April 5th in Byron Bay... not sure of the details but will pass on the contact to anyone who wants it, i think shes only after 1 or 2 spinners, just a casual jam for about 15-20mins

love yall
ciara

'FREE HUGGIES!!'