Forums > Other Toys > Fire Swords where can i buy them?

Login/Join to Participate

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
There is probably a topic for this already that i cant find, but doesnt anyone have any information for where i can buy fire swords? Also fire sword videos or pics? im intrigued to what these look like i havent seen them but they sound cool.

Thanks ubbloco

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
umm sorry found my answer.. sorry for wasting thread can someone delete this?

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

scoobydoobienewbie
6 posts

Posted:
just youtube it type in fire sword and as for buying fire swords check the net or go to home hard ware get 2 steel bars 4 feet long quater inch thick tape and wire them together put on your kevlar wire the kevlar if you use bolts it will get heavy the wire is lighter

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
while in motion with a big flame, it's difficult to tell the difference if the 'blade' of a fire sword is round doweling. i would encourage u to make a safer round doweling type 'blade' for a fire sword, and only advance to a metal/flat 'blade' shape when you're confident with the rounder, safer type.

when working with metal fire swords, try to cover all leading edges with wicking so that the inevitable hi-speed slip-up does not scald you. I've been playing with my fire words for about 5 years now - time enough to realise that eventually, there will be at least a few close calls.

Fire swords aren't devoid of risk, however u can do sensible things to mitigate that risk.

b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KonstantinGOLD Member
journeyman
66 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking of a fire sword constriction that is durable enough to make a firefight.
Don't really think even kevlar(after some burns ofc) is strong enough to hold the strike if it is put dirrectly on the blade's 'sharp' end

Konstantin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Konstantin... leave the edges 'blank', don't wrap the Kev round the sword, rather put layers.... and don't use "round" blades wink If you intend to use them in a fight that is...

smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

KonstantinGOLD Member
journeyman
66 posts

Posted:
Well, i Guess I'll do so

Just get a fine blades

Btw, did anyone try playing/fighting with fire axes and other medieval fire weapons?

Konstantin
EDITED_BY: fire_freaks (1217854044)

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
We use wooden practice ... oh god mind blank...like katanas but they're wooden and you prcatice with them... booken! That's it.

Anyway, ours are made of booken/boken with kevlar wrapped around. The person must wear kevlar gloves of course, and there have been a few mishaps with excess few running down the handle, soaking the gloves and the gloves lighting.. So everyone be very very careful!! kevlar gloves are not fireproof!! :P

We have a bellydancing balance sword too, but none of us girls are elegant and patient enough to practice with it.

KonstantinGOLD Member
journeyman
66 posts

Posted:
What about wood getting burnt?
Bokkens are nice, I practied with it for 4 years and I mostly use katana technique with simple sword, if it got big enouh handle to take with both hands.
I guess it will be a problem with wood that even if you protect it from flames what sould be done using fiberglass. Wood becomes easy to break after being heated, after it becomes too dry.

Well, it's clear you must protect your hands from buring part, japanese tsuba helps both from heat and fuel, didn't ever use gloves.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Bokken are good to practice with, hence if you need a 'real' sword and one that you can practice a 'real' (staged) fire sword combat with, you want to head for steeeeel wink

The reason that wood won't get burnt too easily is that the wick is giving it protection from the flames... Still they are not safe (IMHO)...

Fire-Axes... umm now I can't see too much advantage of axes vs. swords - especially not with fire at night. Personally I haven's seen or heard of any fire-axes.

What I heard of are "Rope Dart" and "Tridents" - just now I met ThaiTom who is practising with a massive Trident - will be very nice to see him lighting that thing up devil

KonstantinGOLD Member
journeyman
66 posts

Posted:
Our first swords were made from alluminium tube with wood incerted. Strong enough to hold a man standing on it but after 2-3 burns straight blades looked more like katana.

I saw one show using fire-axe, it was in Ukrain.
There was a 'giant' with huge axe and some dexterous guy with sword or two

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
we use fire swords for fire fighting dance..contact and non contact..Hubby makes ( and sells ) ours and they are very strong..made from aluminium to be light but with a welded handle like a real sword. the edges are not covered so that the kevlar doesnt get damaged...he even puts 'stuff' on the metal edge so that they spark when banged together... pm me if you like

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
sparkey "stuff" sounds extremely sexy... possible to get some? Swords I already got. wink

Thanks for enlightening me about fire-axes... one must be a Giant to properly handle them and look good with 'em at the same time - I suppose...

KonstantinGOLD Member
journeyman
66 posts

Posted:
Gienat was with stilts under a long cloak, so he really was big smile

Yeah, I guess my thoughts of how the fire sword should look like are getting formed up

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
The wooden Bokken are covered with aluminium for extra protection. And we don't do sword/sword contact, only whip/sword contact.

smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Sounds good, Nat.

At this point I can recommend (as long as you're not doing full contact) Goras swords. PM me and I send you the link.

He's got good quality products and you can combine two swords to build a single staff. Reasonably priced, too.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey i heard some New Zealand website is selling fire swords:

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/FIRE-Sword

seems great quality - the handle is way better than anything i've done.

With luck i will get a chance to assess it in person - speculation is only so useful to a point smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always