Forums > Social Chat > why i feel that poi is an art or dance that stuck?

Login/Join to Participate

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
i mean that you reach a point that dunno that you think you know everytrick is possible
doesnt happen to you?

It would be good to see videos of Other ppl like in breakdance doing new shit
But sadly on poi you just can see MAYBE new shit but buying the COL collection.
Would be cool if someone of you take some time to make dunno videos of yersefl doing new tricks or something!
i know i have REPEAT this like many times before but i wont gonna stoptill someone do it!!! DAMMIT! hahaha MYST post a video of all yer BTB shit!!! damn!! or dunno phunky stop doing liquid videos and make poi videos

Dance like if noone were watching you

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Nasty pasty, whats wrong with that????
Us lame folk can learn alot from it.....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
didnt get what you mean repeat with other words:/

LapaireSILVER Member
36 posts

Posted:
Nightshade1, are you saying we should all put together videos of our best moves? Sorry man, I'm a little lost...

When there is no place that you have decided to call your own then no matter where you go you are always heading home -Soseki

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
YEs that what i mean
if you can dont be selfish and share the tricks...
if you cant cause you dont have a camara or something its okay then... but most of you got camara and can do it :/
Pll wont learn alone... We are a sociaty we learn all toguether dont you think?

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
nightshade1 you need to be slapped!!! most of us have cameras!! what the f are you on. now malcoms been a good boy and put up some new vids like a month or so ago and now you want more. patience my deer boy, thats what you need. or a sharp dose of some creative inducing enviroments/substances.

so you have no creativity, or have you a silver spoon in your mouth. go figure??

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
I think i have creativity since i have make some good combos and nice shit... but i would like that this would be like dunno breakdance that there is a lot of videos there to get:p not like in this that there is a few

I said that most of you got camara cause mostof them HAVE SAID i got camara:p

anyways so you asking me to learn Everything alone like if i didnt know noone of you? pftt that kinda sucks but well
I can create new stuff and all but dunno its ALWAYS nice to watch Other nices moves from other ppl to LEARN More and faster dont you think?
sometimes when i dont have an idea for a new move or combo i think im stucked and you know its feels really bad. You got a sense that dunno thats yer max level and you wont gonna be better than that. IT SUCKS that feeling:p

PD thanks malcom for the videos i got some nice combos from sage and a double wraps that she mades that was really kewl

[ 11 August 2002, 19:05: Message edited by: NightShade1 ]

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Nightshade, why not check out the poi moves board? Surely you can't do everything described in there!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
One thought if you really have "maxed out" on poi moves - I would perhaps start looking around and see if any newbies would like you to teach them. There's a saying in martial arts, "Once you get all the way to black belt, your learning finally begins." I take that one to heart, cuz you can learn a LOT in teaching others.

Might even see a newbie flailing wildly and invent a new combo out of it... I did that a couple times with the guys who taught me, just did something weird and they took it and turned it into a really nice looking move.

Do you have any creative little poi-lings you work with and could watch?

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
There is something you dont know
PPL here dont do that there arent newbies to teach...
And well itsgottab i cant do everything they describe there cause maybe i dont undesrtand what they mean and all will be much better if they just show a video of the move instead trying to explain it

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oooh brody, thanks for reminding me of that.... i have to learn how to do something...

it's in theory form right now.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
I taught myself the majority of my staff moves before I even discovered this site, I think it's a much better way to do it, otherwise you start getting clones all over the place, how about a bit of your own individuality and exploration mate?

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
You guy's need to be more patient with Nightshade. It's obvious he/she has difficulty trying to convey things in English. I think people take what Ns writes too litterally. Give her/him a chance.

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
well thats kinda true my english sucks:p
Also noone that i know here danec like me
i got my own style for it
It just that i think im stucked that all