Page:
onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
It's 2005 and time for my annual thread recommending Allen Carrs book-

'Easy Way to Give up Smoking'

For anyone who's not had success with the usual methods.

It was early on in 2000 when I put out my final cigarette, after around 10 years of failed attempts. Which means I'm coming up to 5 years with no nicotine whatsoever.

So, for anyone who's on a New Years Resolution and attempting to quit using willpower, patches etc, the best of luck to you, and, if it doesn't work out, then don't fall into despair- check out Carrs excellent book.

It does seem unlikely that escaping nicotine addiction can be easy, and perhaps 'easy' isn't the best word to use; nevertheless, as someone who has managed it, I think I'm well placed to say that escaping does not have to be anywhere near the ordeal that people usually insist it will be.

I should say that I've known a lot of people walk away from addiction using Carrs method, however a lot of them become complacent and neglect to follow the simple, but strict, instructions in the book, and, six months later they end up having 'just one', which generally leads to them starting again.

In a way it's an advantage to have had a lot of failed quitting attempts under your belt, as then you can truly appreciate the value of achieving a state of mind where you are free from cigarettes, and thus less inclined to mess around with those very straightforward instructions.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Re: Above posts by OWD and Spanner - yep, tis all true. He gets his points across very clearly by using the style that he does - there's no missing the message, which is the important thing after all smile

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
just because we smoke, we can only find his style grating...
why can't we find his style grating because of the style itself...

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
they can smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Page: