Forums > Videos > New Year's Spin vid

Login/Join to Participate

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
Ok, weirdo alert. I've got videos up on the web. weavesmiley

Here's the 2.6 meg version and here is the 4.9 meg version. It's a little less than 90 seconds. So I'm no Martin Scorsazie... Sorcasy? Skor-say-zee? But it's there. I'm not that "good" a spinner yet, and I can already see a few things that need improvement with my "performance" aspect so please be gentle with me. It's my first video. ubbangel

Oh, and happy new year to you all, may your spins, twirls, and fires all work like you expect them too, and may no not whack yourself in the face... again... biggrin

Socks

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
so, new years, dressed as a b-boy dog, in a foyer somewhere, spinnin staff......must have been as awesome night wink

Looking good but your arms move side to side waaaaaaaay to much. I think if you learn to keep the staff nearer your body you'll start to have far better control and your spinning will be alot more fluid.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
points id suggest u work on are

1) watch your horizontal planes 0.44 through is an example (slow down your movements and practise in front of a mirror)

2) i find horizontal to vertical and visa versa looks most effective if the staff first comes to rest then is pushed into the new plane rather than forced

3) try keeping your head up when you turn round rather than looking at the ground

4) i persontally dont like the under the leg stuff when the leg comes up because of the body shape, if you must do the under the leg stuff do it with a shorter staff and both feet on the ground

id suggest getting a heavier staff and spinning slower as this will help you improve your planes. love the head piece tis very cool smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
See what I mean about needign someone to bounce off of to learn more? smile

We had a NYE party at a hotel, and I dressed up real quick for it. Don't ask what the costume cost.... Please... It's embarrassing sometimes...

So steady the arms, try to keep more horizontal spins rather than tilts, head up on the spins... Wow, lotta work to do. weavesmiley

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
excuse me sir, you look like a dog
you need a staff with two blades on either end, then run around haha that would be cool

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
offtopicjust something I noticed... new year's eve is still in 2004, new years day is 2005... wink

And I agree with Spacecow... two blades all the way... biggrin

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men