Forums > Technical Discussion > Home made led glowstick materials.

Login/Join to Participate

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,
Well after doing a fair bit of reashearch ive decided to go ahead an try to make myself a **undoutably barbaric** set of led glow sticks smile
Ive found out where i can get all the main stuff but was wondering if anyone knew where i could get clear plastic tubing/stainless steel tubing from?
Thankyou very much and i hope everyones '06 has started on the right foot!
Bye bye,
Ahmet weavesmiley

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Not exactly cheap but they have a lot of doo-dahs that are great for LED housing.

TAP Plastics

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

515 posts

Posted:
Cheerz buddy, geez that polycarbonate stuffs expensive isnt it!
I think ile try an get sum acrylic or sumthin cause one of the reasons i wanna make my own is so that i dont ave to spend a fortune for new glowy things lol.

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
meh. that stuff from tap is not too expensive

expensive happens when you buy the same cheap crap 7 times over so you can try out different padding ideas, and they still break on you ;]

you always get what you pay for.

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Written by: My hairs on fire

i hope everyones '06 has started on the right foot!

Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we? biggrin

Cake or Death?

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Watch out with those acrylic tubes. They will crack if you hit them hard enough. Polycarbonate on the other hand is virtually indestructible. If you get tubes with 1 1/2" inside diameter you should be able to easily fit all of the components inside.

What LEDs are you planning on using?

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

515 posts

Posted:
Going to use the leds from ere https://www.led-lights.co.uk/led-white.htm
would love to use the luxons but i dont know enough about what im doing yet and dont wanna ruin £15 led's!

I will be looking around to see if i can find some cheep poly carbonate, if not it will be acrylic an loads of silicone lol. I want to put a nice lil cluster in each poi, maybe 6 or 8 biggrin

Written by: FireGeeK

Written by: My hairs on fire

i hope everyones '06 has started on the right foot!

Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we? biggrin

Hahaha im such a dunce, thats twice ive done that now!

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I got a metre of polycarb - really tough stuff, 22mm IIRC for about £10. I can't find the details here in my flat, but I may have more luck tomorrow when I pick up some bits from my folks. I'll let you know if I find the details.

Cake or Death?

515 posts

Posted:
Wow that would be great buddy, thank you very much!

EarthChi1dSMnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hey duuuude. Um, Cut the ends off of chemical glowsticks, wash out tubing THOROUGHLY and use that. Try different manufacturers though cause they each vary slightly. The slightest bit might mean the difference between success and no luck.