Page:
Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
i am trying to get a fire night next weekend saturday 8th january 2005.

all spectators welcome and performers of all kinds welcome

starts at 7pm on castle fields in southsea. may be moved depending on police attendence.

create own posters if you wish and post them over portsmouth (the more public the better eg. commercial road etc.). if you do the information must contain: Starts at 7pm on sat 8th january 2005, on castle fields in southsea all performers welcome fire performers most of all.

if interested add me to msn and say there or e-mail me at dan_evans_666@hotmail.com ! DO NOT PUT MY NUMBERS ON POSTERS. as this meet has not been cleared with Portsmouth City Council. if you are unsure where Castle Fields is in southsea just head towards portsmouth pyramids and when you are in front of it go to your right and look for a large crowd or people playing with fire.

*all fire performers, perform at your own risk.

Either no one has yet been in contact with me apart from the underneath. so non are confirmed apart from myself, wire_me_up, Atua-Tuakana, and a few people from https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk
so if interested contact me asap (texts are acceptable) anyway apart from ringing me.

weavesmiley juggle biggrin cool ubbidea

EDITED_BY: Lamia#2 (1104879950)

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Just speaking to the "organiser", wait for further details!

passing through, this world still lives.

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
already spoken to me have changed post to suite everyone concerned
EDITED_BY: Lamia#2 (1104767000)

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
spanner if u r gona email me email me soon.

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
I'll try and attend!

Portsmouth is my home town and I'll be there at the weekend.

Actually, I'm amazed to see that there's not just one but two Pompey folk on this thread already!

Good luck with it anyway.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Health & weather willing, I'll be there. Good to see something happening in portsmouth for a change!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
I thought long about this, and regretfully will no longer be attending, serious concerns about safety and lack of co-operation with the portsmouth council and police etc.

mark

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
dont be a nob jockey..... Marco...

No lame excuses.... come along!
Im there so saftey is going to be hot!!

Me, sPANNER, OW, BOWZ, STRUGZ, 2BAGS .... WHAT more could u want!

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
have spoken to local police as long as spectators are kept a metres in distance away should be fine as long as we have safety equipment such as fire extinguisher and fire blanket. glad to c there are more people comming. apologies about the no sense part i was in a bad mood as i just found out my gr8 uncle died xmas eve. well have fun practicing and shall c u all sat. and spanner apologies if i sounded a little bit uptight but i am eager to pull this off and if the police do come over about it they will most probz be moving us to the beach. btw all no setting alight to anything apart from apperatus

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
i cannot be held responsible for others actions.... but if one of you does do anything you are aware of that you are not supposed to plz expect a few beatings from a fair few people. lol only joking just dont do anything stupid so tht it ruins it for the rest of us. shall c most of you on sat.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
smile its going to be cool... yeah

Bolsiusnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hey lads..

im comming!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Meh - can't make it frown

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
why not durbs! thats rooooude!

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
cause i have only spoken to some of the police not sure if they have made those on patrol in the area aware of this.

its atlest 1 1/2 metres away from performance
smile wavehello hehe clap bounce2 bounce cool

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hey dude - to be honest what do the police know about fire spinning!!?

More to the point - what do you........... as i consider myself to be pretty "safe" with a staff but id certanly suggest more than 1 poxy meter!!

At least 4. cool

Also i remember the gardens, would it not just be better for all of us to move the whole thing onto the beach?

Just a suggestion.

See you 2moz smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
ME WILL BE THERE TOOO smile

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
di you all have a good time last night? cause i did i didn't expect tht many to turn up i thought it would only be about 5. but oh well. you southampton lot are amazing at performing with fire. wow thanks for comming down guys hope to c u all again soon. take care. be safe. and have loadsa fun smile.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Dude,

Was a differant night - good to see lots of fire in portsmouth......... we had fun thanks.

Although conversation in the pub afterwards really made my evening - Mech / Frodo hehehehe ill leave it there though as i know minors read theses boards...

Nice to meet ya Lamia and good effort on getting people out on such a cold windy night.......!

Take it eezy

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so yeah, was indeed a "different night"

ill do a wirte up ono it soon, in the next few days, once i have thought what to say....

strugz, frodo, emma, spanner, and all of you it was BLOODY LOVERLY, just what me and sophie needed! biggrin

ill mail you in amin!

Step (el-nombrie)

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
True, it was a different night. Shame the interaction wasn't as good as it could have been, I just enjoyed the whole get together. We'll come to Southampton next time.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
it was rather different, but cool to meet you all you guys. pub was brilliant altho think im slightly scarred from it all.

You only see what you are shown

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
that sounds like mine and frodos fault, prob more mine, as i encourage him

sorry biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
its all good, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger;)

You only see what you are shown

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
hey guys thanks for a cool night its good to see a scene growing in pompey smile, but i gotta say though that if i hadnt have needed my gloves so badly i think i would have bitten my nails to nothingness. im gonna be a big meanie and stress again what others are being to nice to say... you REALLY need to sort out you fire safety, i couldnt look half the time as i edged further and further away from the crowd. but otherwise weldone for bringing spinners together, it can be a bloody hard thing to do sometimes wink

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

270 posts

Posted:
No Spanner, that was a few friends of mine... I'm Chris...one of the few Portsmouth lot who actually said "Hi". I had a good night, it was great to see a good turn out, alot of new faces. The Grey cotton top, the idiot who through lack of perception did a nasty burn-off a bit too close to the crowd?? ><.

Narr your right. We had the safety equipment, but the safety factor really needs to be improved. I could see everyone cringing. But Heh congrats to Lamia for arranging it.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
so how many would you like to attend to southampton of us portsmouth lot?
EDITED_BY: Lamia#2 (1105658400)

Lamia#2BRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
did you enjoy the night marco? and i agree we need to include strict safety factors into the next meet. smile biggrin thanks everyone. i would have liked more people talking but ohwell tis all over and done with now.

p.s. Chris/ or Seraphire we need to work on some safety points soon
EDITED_BY: Lamia#2 (1105658572)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Hey, i was well impressed that so many hrd turned out for such a night,

means that soon a lot of new talent will be in teh south area, and it will be a bigger pulling force for myself and other people!

What did push us away that night, was as has been said, its the safty factor

if you would like some hints and tips, we would be happy to help with advce like, have the fule far away from crowds of people, dont spark up near the fuel, have your safty gear near poeple (you drifted away from your fire extinguisher and blankets) be careful about spacing yourselfes out.

We dont mean to go on at you, which is why we didnt really say to much on the night, as after all it was your night, and everyone was there to have fun..

But a large part of this community are very aware of safty, and i dont wnat you to be seen as unsafe,

most of you looked likeyou had only just started or had just picked up a set of moves, and where playing around, thats cool

but always remebr to slow down, spinning loook a load better when you spin slow and controlled!

Step (el-nombrie)

270 posts

Posted:
Cheers for a few tips. I've personally got no excuse, I've been spinning for near 2 years, I should have caught on a bit better, but I'll have a word with people and sort out bad habits which we've all got. =/ Thanks for bareing with us though. To be honest the crowd kind of settled round the fuel. But still, its up to us to tell them to move.
EDITED_BY: Seraphire (1105694926)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
We didnt want to lecture you, we still dont,

we are just worried (a little for our own sake) about the reputation of fire, and performances inside of the south....

From my point of view, and those of the other pro performers around me such as frodo, 2bags, and strugz, and the non pro spanner, narr, mr confused

there was a lot of safty issues that needed taking acre of, exclusion areas, notice how we ALWAYS moved far away from our freinds to play, this would be the same in the day as well, fire or no...

mainly what we where worried about, well my main concern, was that there is a lot of pople who come throught the boards saying, that their parents dont like what it implies, and would maybe come them to a fire meet

amd when they see the kind of little mistakes that can become very dangerous fast, then they might not allow their child to take part. and thats a loss to bot them and the community

drink and drugs would also have to be a serious point, very few, to almost no proffessional performer will take drugs and play, or be seen to taking drugs and play, its a ine line to cross, but its a solid one with most of the people i play with.

Like i have said if you wish to discuss anything with any of us, on hop, or on soton, then you are always welcome!

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: