• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 12
Lamia#2
BRONZE Member since Dec 2004

Total posts: 14
Posted:i am trying to get a fire night next weekend saturday 8th january 2005.

all spectators welcome and performers of all kinds welcome

starts at 7pm on castle fields in southsea. may be moved depending on police attendence.

create own posters if you wish and post them over portsmouth (the more public the better eg. commercial road etc.). if you do the information must contain: Starts at 7pm on sat 8th january 2005, on castle fields in southsea all performers welcome fire performers most of all.

if interested add me to msn and say there or e-mail me at dan_evans_666@hotmail.com ! DO NOT PUT MY NUMBERS ON POSTERS. as this meet has not been cleared with Portsmouth City Council. if you are unsure where Castle Fields is in southsea just head towards portsmouth pyramids and when you are in front of it go to your right and look for a large crowd or people playing with fire.

*all fire performers, perform at your own risk.

Either no one has yet been in contact with me apart from the underneath. so non are confirmed apart from myself, wire_me_up, Atua-Tuakana, and a few people from http://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk
so if interested contact me asap (texts are acceptable) anyway apart from ringing me.

weavesmiley juggle biggrin cool ubbidea

EDITED_BY: Lamia#2 (1104879950)

Delete Topic

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Hi, welcome to HoP! This thread will probably be moved to Events & Performances smile

I might be up for this - will e-mail you soon.

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

Frodo
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

Frodo

old hand

Total posts: 1092
Posted:Just speaking to the "organiser", wait for further details!

passing through, this world still lives.

Delete

Lamia#2

Posted:already spoken to me have changed post to suite everyone concerned
EDITED_BY: Lamia#2 (1104767000)

Delete

Lamia#2

Posted:spanner if u r gona email me email me soon.

Delete

Hubert_Cumberdale
SILVER Member since Dec 2004

Hubert_Cumberdale

[psylocibin fingerbobe].

Total posts: 479
Posted:I'll try and attend!

Portsmouth is my home town and I'll be there at the weekend.

Actually, I'm amazed to see that there's not just one but two Pompey folk on this thread already!

Good luck with it anyway.

Delete

Spanner

Spanner

Posted:Written by: Lamia#2

spanner if u r gona email me email me soon.

Lamia,

I said I would e-mail you if we didn't manage to speak to each other on MSN in the near future, which we've managed to do.

I don't know why you'd want me to e-mail you: in public, it can benefit everyone. Also, you've dismissed the vast majority of our advice, but you use some of it while still sounding hostile towards us in both your posts and our chat conversations, which I find ungrateful and also rather confusing.

I understand you've had not only personal difficulties of late but have been busy with coursework as well. I understand those as good reasons for possibly not being able to spend as much time as you'd like in organising this fire meet, but I see no reason for why you're being so rude to myself and my friends.

You're also extremely defensive of View Of Innocence, reiterating that you've organised these kind of events before, yet, if this really is the case, we're still unclear as to why you are being so complacent and naive about this fire night.

We're offering our help because we felt that your original promotions were very mixed messages. Not only do we wish people to remain unhurt, but also that fire performance keeps its good reputation in Portsmouth. However, I personally am not willing to sacrifice my own reputation or that of my friends by making guarantees about this event, which is what you have asked me to do, because you either don't have enough to organise it properly, or aren't prepared to make the time.

It isn't a case of changing your posts to "suit everyone concerned": it's about taking those actions to ensure this event is at least reasonably safe, if not completely lawful, for all concerned. Of course it would be nice if we could all dance around with fire without anyone ever getting injured, killed or arrested - it certainly seems to be some kind of aspiration of VOI - but it's not like that, however much you'd like it to be. If you want to use fire, you must be realistic of your responsibilities, not only towards your immediate circle, but to the public as well.

We're still planning to come down on Saturday and as most of us will have travelled from Southampton especially, if you could be more co-operative, it would be appreciated smile

you are nice woman.

yay,

Delete

MrConfused
BRONZE Member since Jan 2002

MrConfused

addict

Total posts: 529
Posted:Health & weather willing, I'll be there. Good to see something happening in portsmouth for a change!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Delete

marco

enthusiast

Total posts: 328
Posted:I thought long about this, and regretfully will no longer be attending, serious concerns about safety and lack of co-operation with the portsmouth council and police etc.

mark

Delete

Frodo

Frodo

old hand

Posted:dont be a nob jockey..... Marco...

No lame excuses.... come along!
Im there so saftey is going to be hot!!

Me, sPANNER, OW, BOWZ, STRUGZ, 2BAGS .... WHAT more could u want!

Delete

Lamia#2

Posted:have spoken to local police as long as spectators are kept a metres in distance away should be fine as long as we have safety equipment such as fire extinguisher and fire blanket. glad to c there are more people comming. apologies about the no sense part i was in a bad mood as i just found out my gr8 uncle died xmas eve. well have fun practicing and shall c u all sat. and spanner apologies if i sounded a little bit uptight but i am eager to pull this off and if the police do come over about it they will most probz be moving us to the beach. btw all no setting alight to anything apart from apperatus

Delete

Lamia#2

Posted:i cannot be held responsible for others actions.... but if one of you does do anything you are aware of that you are not supposed to plz expect a few beatings from a fair few people. lol only joking just dont do anything stupid so tht it ruins it for the rest of us. shall c most of you on sat.

Delete

Spanner

Spanner

Posted:Written by: Lamia#2

have spoken to local police as long as spectators are kept a metres in distance away should be fine as long as we have safety equipment such as fire extinguisher and fire blanket.

"a metres in distances away"...you mean 1 metre? confused

Written by:
if the police do come over about it they will most probz be moving us to the beach.

Why would they come over if you've already spoken to them about it? confused

Written by:
and spanner apologies if i sounded a little bit uptight but i am eager to pull this off

Glad to hear it smile Apology accepted cool

you are nice woman.

yay,

Delete

Frodo

Frodo

old hand

Posted:smile its going to be cool... yeah

Delete

Bolsius

Total posts: 1
Posted:Hey lads..

im comming!

Delete

Spanner

Spanner

Posted:weavesmiley

you are nice woman.

yay,

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:Meh - can't make it frown

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Frodo

Frodo

old hand

Posted:why not durbs! thats rooooude!

Delete

Lamia#2

Posted:cause i have only spoken to some of the police not sure if they have made those on patrol in the area aware of this.

its atlest 1 1/2 metres away from performance
smile wavehello hehe clap bounce2 bounce cool

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:Hey dude - to be honest what do the police know about fire spinning!!?

More to the point - what do you........... as i consider myself to be pretty "safe" with a staff but id certanly suggest more than 1 poxy meter!!

At least 4. cool

Also i remember the gardens, would it not just be better for all of us to move the whole thing onto the beach?

Just a suggestion.

See you 2moz smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Narr

Narr

(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)

Total posts: 2568
Posted:ME WILL BE THERE TOOO smile

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Delete

Lamia#2

Posted:di you all have a good time last night? cause i did i didn't expect tht many to turn up i thought it would only be about 5. but oh well. you southampton lot are amazing at performing with fire. wow thanks for comming down guys hope to c u all again soon. take care. be safe. and have loadsa fun smile.

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:Dude,

Was a differant night - good to see lots of fire in portsmouth......... we had fun thanks.

Although conversation in the pub afterwards really made my evening - Mech / Frodo hehehehe ill leave it there though as i know minors read theses boards...

Nice to meet ya Lamia and good effort on getting people out on such a cold windy night.......!

Take it eezy

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

mech

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:so yeah, was indeed a "different night"

ill do a wirte up ono it soon, in the next few days, once i have thought what to say....

strugz, frodo, emma, spanner, and all of you it was BLOODY LOVERLY, just what me and sophie needed! biggrin

ill mail you in amin!

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Seraphire

Seraphire

HoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag

Total posts: 270
Posted:True, it was a different night. Shame the interaction wasn't as good as it could have been, I just enjoyed the whole get together. We'll come to Southampton next time.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

Delete

Spanner

Spanner

Posted:You were there? Why on earth didn't you say so? confused Were you one of the girls dancing to the music with a blue glowstick?

*interrogates*

you are nice woman.

yay,

Delete

christof
BRONZE Member since Aug 2003

Total posts: 53
Posted:it was rather different, but cool to meet you all you guys. pub was brilliant altho think im slightly scarred from it all.

You only see what you are shown

Delete

mech

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:that sounds like mine and frodos fault, prob more mine, as i encourage him

sorry biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

christof
BRONZE Member since Aug 2003

Total posts: 53
Posted:its all good, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger;)

You only see what you are shown

Delete

Narr

Narr

(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)

Total posts: 2568
Posted:hey guys thanks for a cool night its good to see a scene growing in pompey smile, but i gotta say though that if i hadnt have needed my gloves so badly i think i would have bitten my nails to nothingness. im gonna be a big meanie and stress again what others are being to nice to say... you REALLY need to sort out you fire safety, i couldnt look half the time as i edged further and further away from the crowd. but otherwise weldone for bringing spinners together, it can be a bloody hard thing to do sometimes wink

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Delete

Seraphire

Seraphire

HoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag

Total posts: 270
Posted:No Spanner, that was a few friends of mine... I'm Chris...one of the few Portsmouth lot who actually said "Hi". I had a good night, it was great to see a good turn out, alot of new faces. The Grey cotton top, the idiot who through lack of perception did a nasty burn-off a bit too close to the crowd?? ><.

Narr your right. We had the safety equipment, but the safety factor really needs to be improved. I could see everyone cringing. But Heh congrats to Lamia for arranging it.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

Delete

Page: 12