KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Alas, the trial in Brixton has come to an end but can't say that I have noticed much difference!

Who has been to Cafe Cairo before? I often purchased my wares in the Green Leaf but only started frequenting cafe this month. V. impressed, looks like a dump from outside, but they have created a really good athmos inside.

What other good smoking haunts are in London?

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine once told me about a shop in Hackney, where all they sell is bounty bars and cans of fanta. He went in and asked at the counter for some smoke, the man said that he had to buy something, so he bought a bounty bar. Then the man at the counter told him to go to the back of the shop where there was a big black man with dreads standing; my friend bought some smoke off him, and the man directed him up the tiny set of stairs. At the top of the stairs he went into this cafe, where there was loads of people sitting smoking, and everyone was drinking fanta and eating bounty bars.

Don't know where it is, but its been going on for years aparently.

The bigger the pants the better!

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
'The Royal Exchange' pub just off Chalk Farm road in Camden is quite a renound smoking hang out. It's a little dingy, and you can't buy anything over the counter, but you can smoke n drink freely if you keep the skinning-up on the downlow.
It's the third turning on the right after Camden High rd meets Chalk Farm rd. Da 1 with the petrol station on da corner...

Az abouve, So below...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Alas folks, as of August 12th, no moer smoking in the Cafe Cairo or it will be shut down. Still a great place to go for a chai though after buying your wares in the Green Leaf next door.

Hope that opeation does not shut down too.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
I tend to smoke kind of everywhere.....but indoors is a pain to pull off.
My house is always good......but not a very well known or advertised location.
Will try Camden
Errrrrm - anywhere else good?
Keep Smiling and Stay Green y'all

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
You could try picking some up at the Kensal Rise Swingers night.. Don't know if thats been stopped too.

I thought it was bumped down to a class C drug? How'd they all of a sudden start getting fascist again???

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I know of the Royal Exchange as well as a couple of random places in Camden which I dont know the names of or how to explain to get there...

Theres one somewhere in Portobello called 'The Globe' which is a lot more dingy than the exchange but worth it every now and then!

I never got to go to the Cairo Cafe... It was closed when my friend took me down there...

I quite enjoy parks for a smoke...

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!