Posted:
well i think its supposed to be a compliment anyway

Written by:

To: benjobia@yahoo.com.au
Subject: impressed by your amazing vid
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:28:08 +0000

You are an absolut twat. Your video was the greatest load of old
[censored]
[censored] i've ever seen. I think you should go and [censored] a skag head and get
aids
and die.

im baffeled and just had to share confused

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
er, that looks like a pretty straightforward normal compliment to me.
but then i generally hang round with some quite dysfunctional people rolleyes

He says that your vid is amazing in the subject of his mail:
"impressed by your amazing vid"

"Your video was the greatest load of old censored censored i've ever seen."
could be interpreted as good or bad, but the previous subject of the mail shows it to be complimentary.

The fact that he calls you a twat, and wishes you to have relations with a skaghead and die of an STD, does not necessarily mean that he bears you any ill will. It seems to me that he's expressing mock anger at your skill level being so much higher than his. So again, that is a compliment.

Though of course, it is a bit silly to send emails like that to people you don't know.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Bretchenthusiast
247 posts

Posted:
I'd have laughed then hit delete and never thought of it again.. even the vid was terrible, who got the right to say that?? Some people...... eek

The next bit is offtopic but about the what does wop mean in SA.. I don't like the thought of the SA being disliked because of mis-communication see..... its from some website I just found..

wop is often thought to be an acronym for With Out Passport, supposedly used on Ellis Island to designate immigrants without proper papers. This pejorative term for an Italian was probably first used in America, but its roots are in the Romance languages.

Like many other etymologies contained in these pages, this one is not certain, although most authorities agree on the likely origin. It probably derives from the Italian dialectical guappo, or thug. This in turn derives from the Spanish guapo, meaning a dashing braggart or bully, and which eventually derives from the Latin vappa, meaning flat wine or scoundrel.

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now.....

Penguin SvenSILVER Member
185 posts

Posted:
That is one funny insult.
he can only be british or Irish.

You think the subject title is sarcasm.

"glow bugs, to slow to resist eating, to bitter to eat more than one handfull in a sitting" toothpaste for dinner

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
.:cries:. i went to the link, and is say: this vidio is no longer in our database. it's enough to turn me into an emo kid, i'm tellign ya! i think that from now on, "twat" should mean insanely skilled spinner and everybody ever should aspire to one day become a twat. bounce bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce2 bounce

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
yeah that happens ive taken all my old videos offline im refining my technique and in the process of producing a long staff instructional dvd.

there is however a very lovely video thats been put together by mr strugz of my spinning on www.soton-firespinning.co.uk which has pretty much everything that was on the video that was in the gallery smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Page: