Page: ......
majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
I love my hoops as much as I love poi and staff and I noticed there was a few other hooping hoppers out there. So I thought HOP needed a hooping thread for us to chat about tricks and share our love for hoops. ubblove
I have been hooping for quite awhile now and have mastered quite a few tricks but I still havn't figured how to flick it up off the ground and move it up my legs. I can get it from my knees up but I saw this chic at the a circus and she had the hoops all on the ground and was bringing them up her legs one by one. It looked awesome.
I've got an idea of what I gotta do but havn't quite got it. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on this?
Thanks
ubblovemajik
Happy Hooping! ubbrollsmile

Live, love, laugh and dance!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

Got right into hooping after I bought one of skullys hoops at PLAY ubblove

I was fine for first 10 seconds or so and then hoop would fall down....

Was hooping in my jammies yesterday morning and it was so hot I took my top off. And then wow! I can hoop forever.

I think love handles being exposed makes a great shelf for them to sit on biggrin
Also having sticky skin for the hoop to grip too.
Also when I'm moving it up my body it makes a great *click clack* sound as it rolls over my nipple piercings ubblol

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

carmencitastranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi everybody....I'm so happy to have met all of you!!!!well, i´m carmen...from far far away(spain). I´m a beginner at hooping and on top of this I think i'm the only one that hoops here in my region...to be honest I'd not seen hula hooping before going to the EJC' 06...I've made my own hoop and I love it...I've improved a lot since so but I'd like to learn new tricks so if you know about any useful pages or so....That would be great...also I'm trying to get a fire hoop but here in Spain they don't sell them so I'll have to make my own fire hoop...any idea on it???? thanks a lot

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
exciting news for hoop manipulators everywhere:

https://www.tlmb.net/hoop/

eek biggrin eek

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I know a certain pretty italian who will be posting a hoop video soon.... *shhhhhhh* wink

T wave

p.s. I used to fancy mushy pea, but not with the beard. ubblol

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: [Nx?

]
I know a certain pretty italian who will be posting a hoop video soon.... *shhhhhhh* wink

YAY!!!!

Poke me when it's up. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
err... yes... i recently learned to make a hoop go around...

i can't keep it there for very long yet, but i work on it as soon as i make my own hoop.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I made my very first hoop last night. biggrin
Today I have lovely hooping hip bruises. frown

Now I have to figure out how to make it do something else other than go round and round my waist.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Congratulations Mand! & welcome to the hoop madness. figuring out other stuff to do is the funnest part. biggrin

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _khan_

figuring out other stuff to do is the funnest part. biggrin

I reckon I'll do this better after the winter's past. There's a limit to how adventurous I can get with a hoop in a small living room... especially when I'm concentrating on not hitting the cats or any of the pictures on the walls! smile

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mand

Now I have to figure out how to make it do something else other than go round and round my waist.

Learning to get it up is a good start, https://www.hooping.org/archives/000249.html
has a vid that show you how. I've managed to a lot of this indoors too without much space.

have fun! smile

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Hooping has made it on telly

Heart fm advert

www.heart.co.uk

advert vids can be seen here
https://www.heart.co.uk/video.php?section_id=4

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
I finally finished making my hoola hoop! Let the convulsing begin! Its a bit of a monster made with some random blue piping found on the street, held together with a stick and two nails, then covered with gaffer tape: total price £1.50!

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
nails? NAILS!? I hope you don't poke yourself too much...

I do admire your determination to hoop though, with whatever you can scrounge up. That's love.

~ ani di franco

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
I now have a pair of hoops - £3 for the pair biggrin

I'm starting to be able to separate them; one around the waist the other around the chest - boy that's hard work

With swinging hoops does anybody know any clean transitions from cross and follow?

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Two hoops eh? Nice. Such a different thing from what hoopers in these parts do.

As far as transitions from cross and follow (have you figured out the thumb thing yet? you can get a three beat going with that), flowers are a lovely way to go. antispin ones especially (the hoops spin around your hands; it will require a grip change). If you work a stall in, you can go into a ttn.

For swinging hoops, are you using smaller hoops than hula hoops or are you using hula hoops? Flowers, in fact most other poi moves aside from the weave, may be difficult if it's the latter.

Have you seen this vid? Well worth watching if you're interested in swinging hoops.

Good luck with your hooping journey! Welcome to the love of the wiggle!

~ ani di franco

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i have not been hooping for long, well not actually practicing until i can do stuff, but some how have been convinced to hoop for Heart FM with Sauna Rose tomorrow eek hug thought i should joine the hoop thread

am making hoops too but where do you get the nice coloured tape from? all i can find is the electrical tape.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _khan_

As far as transitions from cross and follow (have you figured out the thumb thing yet? you can get a three beat going with that), flowers are a lovely way to go. antispin ones especially (the hoops spin around your hands; it will require a grip change). If you work a stall in, you can go into a ttn.

For swinging hoops, are you using smaller hoops than hula hoops or are you using hula hoops? Flowers, in fact most other poi moves aside from the weave, may be difficult if it's the latter.

Mmmm this is when knowing poi would help. damnit
I'm swinging with my super heavy super big hoops, its hard work but if your doing a show I think it looks best with all tricks on the same equipment. Besides big props look best biggrin

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ickleMatt

Besides big props look best biggrin

size queen tongue

~ ani di franco

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

exciting news for hoop manipulators everywhere:

https://www.tlmb.net/hoop/

eek biggrin eek

cole. x

Hey, I think I know that guy!

how random - he is a good hooper.

just had another look at the page.. yay! It is him, yay for Steve.

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
I have been learning heaps of cute little hoop moves that I have never seen anywhere.. I will try to put together a little video for you all, but I have been trawling videos online for new moves for the last month and there are some great ones out there. little tricks with flicking hoops around the outside of your body with your feet, and throwing and catching on your legs. I have been playing with little hoops for hands and feet too, they have proven fun wink
ooh ooh and the other day I managed a kick up of three hoops, split to spinning one on hands, belly and chest, am working on getting the fourth to knees biggrin
has anyone come accross a hooper called "dizzy hips" he has some crazy moves, look him up

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
oo ..dizzy hips..will have to look him up..I'm really needing some new things to learn biggrin

Gothfrogette..there is a website with lots of pretty tapes. I can't think of the address now but if you google hula hoop tape it will probably come up. or there is a link to the site on hooping.org smile

I really need some pretty tape..getting a bit sick of the white, blue, red and black options.

hug me!

em_chemnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Evish you should really post a video. I have only just started hooping and I would really love to see some stuff from a pro like you.
How long have you been hooping for??

Em
ps looking forward to the vid smile ubbrollsmile smile

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
em_chem - are you coming to Woodford? We should have a hoop jam if you are.
There is also a rumour that someone who holds a hula world record will be at that wonderful festival.. Can't remember her name, but she would so be worth watching!

ezz - have you come accross stuff called 'pro gaff' its like flouro gaffa tape.. *whispers* it is the secret to all good hooping!!
The tape is like a sticky cloth tape and it is sooooo grippy, any hoop that you cover with it will suddenly become a zillian times easier to hoop with.

I am heading to Brisbane next week and will be meeting lots of my hoopy friends oooh I can't wait to learn all the new stuff they've been working on!!
weeeeee
Happy hooping everyone!

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
oo never heard of pro-gaf..where can you get it?
There needs to be more hoopers down in Melbourne. I think you should all come here biggrin

hug me!

em_chemnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
unfortunatly not going to woodford cat afford it.
so i'll have to get all of my hooping insparation from the net for the moument. Does anyone know any good sites/videos??

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
You could check out https://www.hooping.org
there is heaps of info on there also tribes.net is great there are at least 10 dedicated hooping groups and it is a great place to meet new people in your area. check out https://hooping.tribe.net
also i run this tribe
https://tribes.tribe.net/australianhoopers
my user name is blueberry-fox
so if you join look me up

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
whee I'm on there..blueberry i saw a video you made..no idea where it is now but t'was goood..
anywho I'm erin on there....I think I"m erin anyway eek

hug me!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ezz: Pro- gaf is from the US, but you have to buy really large ammounts of it at a time frown
Im sure Skully or Eveish can tell you more.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
daaamn frown
well..I've lasted this long without it so guess I'll manage smile hehe

hug me!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
OMG!!!

Blueberry!! It's you!

Hello miss! I don't know how, but this is the first time I have come accross you on here!

(btw everyone else, she is Canberra's super-hooper, and is responsible for me hooping) If anyone here should be nagged to put up hooping videos it's her!!

*hugs*

Page: ......