Page: ......
majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
I love my hoops as much as I love poi and staff and I noticed there was a few other hooping hoppers out there. So I thought HOP needed a hooping thread for us to chat about tricks and share our love for hoops. ubblove
I have been hooping for quite awhile now and have mastered quite a few tricks but I still havn't figured how to flick it up off the ground and move it up my legs. I can get it from my knees up but I saw this chic at the a circus and she had the hoops all on the ground and was bringing them up her legs one by one. It looked awesome.
I've got an idea of what I gotta do but havn't quite got it. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on this?
Thanks
ubblovemajik
Happy Hooping! ubbrollsmile

Live, love, laugh and dance!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Whooo! It doesnt affect you then! ubbrollsmile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I guess thats good......Im getting lots of spyware though. frown.is that relevant

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
No, thats not relevant.

thats just kids biggrin

have a look at [Old link] thread and download the programs I suggest for your spyware problems smile

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

I know how you can tangle yourself in a hoop! add more toys, i've been given a challenge to learn at PLaY lol...

You have indeed biggrin
How's it coming along? ubbrollsmile

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Ooooo i just found this on one of my favorite web site

https://www.instructables.com/id/ELG7V6KF35J1OFB/?ALLSTEPS

Cool huh. I alread have my precious psi hoop but i think one of these would give a differnt effect + i would not have to worry about loaning it out to people. Yay!!

only prob i can see is that they tubing i use is way skinny, so i don't know if the battry will fit : (

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I just posted my first proper hoop vid. No other toys, no edits, no fx. I just let the camera run during a practice, trying to free up my freestyle some. It's up in my [Old link]. biggrin

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007280333,00.html

now we know what the official hoop movements are: the booty pump, beat bingo wings and turbo boosts. it is so much easier to excel at a gym craze when we know what the names of the movements are.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Oh god please no.
I'm all for sharing the hoop love with as many people as posible. But that it painfull to read.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I hate the sun.
Its the worst mainstream semi-plausable newspaper in the UK.
Though I do like the stories on page 3 ubbangel

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
OMG!!!! they are hoopgirls names for all the moves (chiristabelle or how ever it is spelt)she taught the gyms and so they can now legaly use her names for all the moves. *takes deep breath so not to rant* but i am so fed up with the whole hoopgirl thing *stops now*

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
oh and the hoops they are giving away are horrible to use, i got one out and had a go in tesco the other week

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
That was indeed a painful read, so cheesy!! Though it kind of makes sense that of all these toys to truly break out as a fitness fad, it would be hoop. It seems to be the most accessible to the non-spinny world. Whatever.

GothFrogette: what's tesco?

UCOF: you've been posting in here a lot lately...are you hooping now? That I'd like to see! Must be Skully's influence...

~ ani di franco

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Oh and I have a general question for you all: I've an idea to use tennis grip tape for the inside of a hoop and I was wondering has anybody tried it before? Does it work ok?

~ ani di franco

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
it does work quite well and can save on bruising
some of the hoops i make have velvet type sticky stuff on them, it helps with friction.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _khan_

GothFrogette: what's tesco?

An evil store that is going to take over the world, or at least try

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
rolleyes
Goth, take your Tesco bashing to [Old link] thread.
On a side note, why arent Sainsburys, Asdas, Morrisons or YKK (they are the secret monopoly that no one is aware of - you will probably be wearing more than one of their products and you dont even know it!) also evil stores?
I am *really* sick and tired of people having a go at companies like Tesco, Microsoft and McDonalds for being sucessful, and to be honest, for using un-ethical marketing stategies. Tescos are a business. Business are designed to make money. That is what they do. If they didnt make money, they wouldnt exist.
Nothing in the world is ever going to stop businessmen from being unethical, as long as they can drive their Ferarris and swan around naked with a bevvy of 24 year old blonde supermodels on each arm, in their 10 bedroom mansions, and every other week flying in their private jet (Carbon footprints? These businessmen piss all over carbon footprints and wipe their arse with global warming!) over to the 5 star resort that they own in the Bahamas. I would crap in the place I was born if I had loads of money, just like all the business owners do now, and so would 99% of the people on this site in my opinion. Of course they would say they wouldnt, but thats because they dont have a bank balance with 7 digits and in the black. Usually when you have loads of money, you dont care about "being ethical" (sweeping generalisation I know).
meditate
Sorry for shouting off, but its exactly how I feel, and I've needed to say that for aaaaaages. hug

Kahn: Tesco is the british equivalet of Wal Mart I suppose. Have a read on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesco or on www.tesco.com
Yep, im in here a bit more indeed, major news coming up soon bounce As Rolf Harris would say, can you guess what it is yet? biggrin If you want to see you me hooping, you need to google for "Xmas eve on the Incondoocon" - I do UglyHoop™ on it at the end. And that was over a year ago too, but dont worry, it represents the exact same level of skill that I currently have. ubblol

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
OH MY! i wasn't bashing of anykind, and it was meant as a joke but glad you got your rant out and feel better for it. hug

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
biggrin

ubbrollsmile

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the education re: Tesco. I think often when people bash such companies, it's not so much the companies themselves but what they represent that's the real target of their anger and frustration. But in any case, that's way offtopic

@ UCOF: I actually remember watching that Xmas Eve vid a long time ago, but didn't remember the hoop in it. I quite like the around the neck barrel roll thingy, actually. Transitioning to an off-body isolation from that would be lovely (note-to-self). Marvelous style! ubblol

Miss Frogette: Thanks for answering my questions. smile

~ ani di franco

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
was looking for hooping vids and forgot i used to post on here smile

suprised i remembered my username... hallo!

vicx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
wave

Hello! biggrin

hug2

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hello hoopers

Any volunteers to run a beginners and an advanced hoop workshop at Play please?

PM me...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Durbs, have you asked Chanti?

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
i think i'm doing one if anyone wants to come along... smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
[WARNING] Cheeky plug about to happen.....

We have just started a hooping website at Hyperloop Hoops and it has a little competition running to win chocolate and a hoop or a pair wick cover. Feel free to enter. Sadly so far we can't send hoops over seas, but the wick covers we can.

P.S. Mods if this is too cheeky please feel free to delete this post hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
That's awesome Jo!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ubblove

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Woohoo, my new Hyperloop Hoops hoop arrived very early this morning, and my goodness, what a finely crafted item it is. I have to say I was very impressed with the prompt service, and the packaging used to mail it protected my new hoop from all the evils the post office threw at it. Marvellous.
(How was that guys? Do I get a discount off my next order now? wink )

Now I just have to empty a room in my house so's I can wiggle without breaking stuff...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
That was fantastic. An exact Ctrl+C/V of what we sent you to write. Perfect!

Cheers smile

wink

Page: ......