Page: ......
majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
I love my hoops as much as I love poi and staff and I noticed there was a few other hooping hoppers out there. So I thought HOP needed a hooping thread for us to chat about tricks and share our love for hoops. ubblove
I have been hooping for quite awhile now and have mastered quite a few tricks but I still havn't figured how to flick it up off the ground and move it up my legs. I can get it from my knees up but I saw this chic at the a circus and she had the hoops all on the ground and was bringing them up her legs one by one. It looked awesome.
I've got an idea of what I gotta do but havn't quite got it. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on this?
Thanks
ubblovemajik
Happy Hooping! ubbrollsmile

Live, love, laugh and dance!

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
yaey for hoopyness, i have about 15 to make tonight which is fun, although here in the UK its hard find connectors and i have found that male plumming shop owners frown on girls who ask to see what else could be used.

yeay for hoop day too, we are going to be having a huge hooping session in the park

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I just got our two lab technicians to wiggle at lunch break... they're 40-something and 58! It was so much fun biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
WOW ubbloco 21 pages....

Can someone tell me if there is a "how to make a fire-hoop" (that can be broken down for travels) - section, errm linkylink? rolleyes and whistles ubbangel wink

hug wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
the idea of my head lab technician (In the chemistry teaching labs) hooping is probably about the funniest thing i could think of...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Hey blueberry: I just got some hoops the same size (I think) that you use in your vids. They're circus hoops at any rate. I LOVE THEM!! I have found that below the waist stuff is easier with these, but some above the waist stuff (lift-offs and shoulder hooping) are harder because there's less room to maneuver.

The hoops I had been using were 42" internal diameter and these new ones are 36". A lot faster and more versatile over all. I want to clean up a bunch of single hoop stuff and then get into multihooping. Thanks for the inspiration!

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Gnor - 19mm smile
Fire Tom, I have a colapsable fire hoop, could maybe describe how I made it, but havent got pix online... pm me for info wink

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
no World hoop day on calendar.. am going to put one up for here in the midlands UK. i know of a UK hoop communtity site thats in the process of being made. i tell you more when i know more

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
My oldest Son doing his thing
yeas i am a very proud Mum

em_chemnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hey Evish
How is your hooping going?
Did you end up seeing the hoop person at woodford?
You should totaly post a vid of your four hoop split.

I have worked out a 3 split ( badly) so far but i'm stuck on where to put the 4th one. Any tips?
Also if you have any rad tricks i would love to see them. I'm running out of ideas.

Would you be able to send me a pic of you colapsaible fire hoop, i would love to make any klind of fire hoop but it would be cool to have one that was easy to carry.

Thanks loads : )
Em
ps
happy hooping

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
hey guys!
em_chem all is well in the world of hoops, I have started training at a full time circus school in New Zealand, and it is awesome!!! I have 8 hours of physical training a day plus like 6 optional extra hours!! my trainer for hoops is the ex-hooper from the great Moscow circus! she is amazing.. and totally full on! I will have loads of tricks for you no doubt as I am learning an entirely new technique (russian style hoops are v. diff) right now I am traning too hard to find time to make a vid.. but one will come soon!!!
-tips for a four hoop split.. um.. get REAALY good at splitting two hoops between your tummy and knees.. work at it for Ages! then try the trick again wink

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Um guys... just have to announce my new trick! Weeeeeee!
5 hoop split!!!! *happy dance*

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
.:*is green with envey*:. wink

ubblol hehehe That's awesome eve!!!! clap ubbrollsmile hug *:.

been working on my multihoops too and making some progress! but *still* haven't made up those new hoops... so i'm still struggling with my wonky old various different sized/weight hoops... rolleyes must just get in and do that! must must must!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to say that i want to pick up my hooping a bit smile

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Yay! Yes Pixie.. make more hoops! I should have left you with mine, they give us specific russian hoops at the school, and we are not allowd to use any of the ones that I brought over.
Rouge - hoop hoop hoop hoop hoop hoop hoop hoop hoop!!!

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
first hoop gig done bounce
I was so nervous. anyway..thats it..I think...must learn someting new.

hug me!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ezz

first hoop gig done bounce
I was so nervous. anyway..thats it..I think...must learn someting new.

Congratulations on your first giggery smile May there be many more!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Weeeee yay! thats awesome ezz, hope you have lots more smile

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Miss Ezz, I'd really like to meet up with you some time, cos I need some new tricky fun to work on! ubbrollsmile

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
hnn.. I'm hoping there is lots more too... biggrin

I haven't seen you in yonks miss rougie..would love to catch up for hoopiness. will you be at sunday spinach?

hug me!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oh yeah! guess who is incredibly sore from FIRE HOOPYNESS!

THIS DRAGON!!!!!!!!

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
ooh! hello everyone wave I have no idea why I haven't posted here before, seeing as I love hoop (because it's the best thing in the world, obviously wink ) But i thought I'd introduce myself here and chat to some happy hoopers smile Oh, I also wanted to ask British hoopers where they got their tape from, I've been looking at a few websites, but most are in the US, are there any good ones in the UK? Thanks!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Fablon is the way to go (sticky backed plastic) sure you have to cut it but its thicker, stronger and prettier.
i only get my tape etc from local business' Wilko's is great and cheap but places like hobby craft is great as they do all kinds of sticky stuff on rolls from animal fury print, to vinal.

hope that helps and hi smile

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
oooh! thanks GothFrogette smile I will get myself down to Wilko's very soon...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I assume y'all saw fire hooping in

Warning: This video contains curses and Justin and Scarlett Johansson in various states of facelock.

Then again, Molly doesn't think that he's hot but she has bad taste in men. wink kiss

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Hooping? All i see is kissing ubblol

AmberGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
i am making a fire hoop at moment

i have made enough wick bits to have 12 spokes of fire but think will start with 6 and see how i go.

hope it's not too hot. i have the wicks about 20cm from the hoop.
we shall see rolleyes

love hooping, nice new toy to play with, have only just started to take it seriously.

had to make a fire one though. cant resist adding fire devil

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
you have to be carful as too much weight can make the hoop bend/egg. same as too much heat.

what type/design have you gone for?

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
I would not recoment 12 wicks.
I started with a 6 wick hoop and recently made one with 8.
I don't really like the 8 wick one it is to heavy, and really takes a lot of effort to get it going round decently.

Plus as you may notice when you fire hoop un like poi and staff most of the smoke is going straight up towards your face and mouth. I find that after using the 8 spoke one i feel a little sick from all of the fumes.

Mabye you should think about makeing two 6 spoke ones that way you can do two hoop tricks.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
And make sure you can cover the hoop with leather or something. I know it might sound a little obvious, but if you forget it will HURT!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yeah rouge that is a good suggestion. I don't have my hoop covered and i don't really notice the bolts on the inside, i think i'm just use to them. But every one else that has had a go of it said that they really hurt.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Page: ......