Page: ......
majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
I love my hoops as much as I love poi and staff and I noticed there was a few other hooping hoppers out there. So I thought HOP needed a hooping thread for us to chat about tricks and share our love for hoops. ubblove
I have been hooping for quite awhile now and have mastered quite a few tricks but I still havn't figured how to flick it up off the ground and move it up my legs. I can get it from my knees up but I saw this chic at the a circus and she had the hoops all on the ground and was bringing them up her legs one by one. It looked awesome.
I've got an idea of what I gotta do but havn't quite got it. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on this?
Thanks
ubblovemajik
Happy Hooping! ubbrollsmile

Live, love, laugh and dance!

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
They are the directions i'm going to use when i attempt making a colapsable hoop but the joiners that i have found so far in shops near me are rubbish so i think i'll have to make another trek to the plumbers merchants. Multiple joiners shouldn't be a problem.

The difficulty is getting it to fit together nice and tight to hoop with but then be easy to take apart

Molly i love your avatar!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Jason (of that link fame) sands down one side of the ridged connector and has several connectors evenly spaced around the hoop. The whole thing is kept together with a bungee cord - sort of like tent poles I suppose.

I've also seen a nifty hoop with just one connector (also half sanded down) and a velcro strip to hold it together. The hoop can coil up tightly for travelling smile

The only problem is that the join can pinch a little if it comes open whilst hooping. A little bit of tape could fix that though.

Thanks star! She is a very clever mole isn't she? biggrin NYC took that picture of molly hooping. One small finger hoop for us is a great hoopyhoop for a little mole, though she did do rather well with your pink one. I think fingerhooping looks better in the dark though smile

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
wavehello a little bit offtopic but

cutest hooping picture (IMHO)
ubblove
... best to get 'em started young smile

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Awwww..... yes that is cute. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gnor

Star if you have multiple joiners will that mess with the weighting?

For some reason, it isn't that big of a deal if ahoop is slightly misweighted. Or even radically misweighted actually. Dunno why. I certanly wouldn't worry about the weight of connectors.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Can somebody please tell Dave he's on crack?

[Old link]

I couldn't walk through Play without getting hit by a mob of hoops.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
diabolo shmabolo

i've been trying wierd things with the hoop spinning vertically whilst you lean back or forwards.

Is it possible to do this without jumping up and down stupidly!?!?!

Start leaning back. Once the hoop is spinning, turn around and lean forwards then turn around again and lean backwards again. Does that make sense?
I've managed to get it to work but its not smooth yet.
I tried doing it around my neck but that ended painfully!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Oo yes - I've been doing that round my neck. You just have to be bendy.

I wonder if all the horizoltal moves would be possible vertically... smile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
You just need to bounce up and down like Stefan does.

Horizoltal? The L isn't even close to the N on the keyboard. You must be sleep deprived or something. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
you're right about the bendyness! I've hurt muscles i never knew i had!
I'm trying to master the 'bounce' but i just look silly!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
star, I think you just need the right music to bounce to - rbmnyc doesn't look silly at all when she does it to her funky tunes smile

NYC be kind to my sleepy fingers
They've had a very long and BOO day frown hug

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
im gutted I missed this, maybe next time. u guys sound like u had a good time...my hoop is starting to get a little dusty as ive not used it in a while...really should get it out asap eh?? :x)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Molly

star, I think you just need the right music to bounce to - rbmnyc doesn't look silly at all when she does it to her funky tunes smile

True, I think there are some more bounce friendly tunes. That Reggae stuff that was playing at PLAY the first night was certainly bouncy. biggrin

And I'm ALWAYS nice to your fingers MQ. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Hoop battling but without the battle!
Hoopling - we all stand round show off with a wiggle and pass the hoop of joy to the next person smile

That was great fun biggrin

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hoop passing. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Pass the Hoop NYC. I'm in work and feeling fed up and a bit of wiggling would make me feel OH so much better. I have infected my Co workers with the hoop bug though. 4 of them have bought hoops off me and they are all very excited about getting to wiggle. So much so I got told off by one of my bosses for distracting them from their work with such exciting talk ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
I love the fact that you are spreding the way of the hoop so sucessfully Skully hug

I can hoop in my sitting room! biggrin
Only with the "this hoop sucks it's way to small to hoop" hoop but I suppose that is good practice for me biggrin

I was worried for a while that I'd have to pick up poi again if I wanted indoor playing eek wink

Hoop passing sounds dull.
Can't we have a fab new word like hoopassing?
Ah the all en-hoopassing love of the wiggle ubblove

ps. I was aiming for a comparison with encompassing there if that wasn't clear wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol I love the words hoopassing and en-hoopassing! Hoops certainly do spread the ubblove of the wiggle.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
You know I hadn't seen the ass in there before you said it, but it is ever so appropriate given the nature of the joy of the hoop biggrin

I can't fit a hoop in my bag. I need to make a travelling one.

*goes to call on my handy-merican*

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Molly

I love the fact that you are spreding the way of the hoop so sucessfully Skully hug

I can hoop in my sitting room! biggrin
Only with the "this hoop sucks it's way to small to hoop" hoop but I suppose that is good practice for me biggrin

You do NOT have enough room to hoop in your sitting room. biggrin Go down to the garden you silly girl.

And yes, we're proud of ALL the European diplomats of hoopage. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
I DO!
I proved it to my brother and everything!
hrumph

It's dark outside frown

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
With Paul it's never dark. biggrin

That reminds me, kick me to get me to get that psy hoop fixed. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I hooped in the park last night with my niece and 4 little boys came along and asked to have a go. They were quite good for ones so small. One of them had to be less than 3 foot tall and he used my big black fluffy hoop. Before Hannah and I gave up and went home for a cup of tea (about 2 hours later) we had gathered even more kids who wanted a go. I think next time I better take a few dozen spare ones ubblol

The ubblove of the wiggle is spreading. I'm infecting the young with it so they can return home and infect their parents ubblol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm now infecting people with the love of the wiggle by post. I sent my first Hoop throuhg the mail to Gayle today. If it makes it there safe and sound its full on hoop production and the love of thr wiggle will spread far and wide in the British Isles! YAY hooping!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
mmmm... ooping ubblove

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Brilliant stuff... is it gona cost alot to send them? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Probably about £4-5 mail land Britain. I'm still working on a regular postal method. Royal Mail don't like the hoops saying they are too big. I'm trying to do a deal with parcel force but if that turns out too costly I'll try someone else. Other than that.. well I have no idea ubblol I will get hoops to people somehow biggrin The Love of the Hoop must be spread!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
oo...do you take paypal?? wink

Have you a pic of big black fluffy hoop?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yay! International Postal Hoop Love!

ubblove

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Gnor funny you should say that but... yes paypal is in the process of being set up as are my pages on www.hyperloop.co.uk The only reason mine aren't up yet is because I'm slack and my computer isn't playing fair.

I've found someone that might be able to print my Creatures onto t-shirts too.... I'm going to get him to print me some trial ones to see the quality and then if they are good I'm going to be offering those for sale too biggrin

NYC the international postal hoop love might not involve actual hoops, as the postage my come to more than the hoops are worth ubblol It might just have to be Hoop love in the form of Faery dust and pictures of people enjoying hooping biggrin

ubblove the wiggle!

Page: ......