Forums > Videos > some fishy bits n bobs

Login/Join to Participate

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i quickly put this together for a post on tribe and decided im going to clean up all the moves on the video so any feedback would be great its in my photo gallery enjoy

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
here is some feedback...

I watched your video yesterday and tried to do contact staff straight away but you make it look way too easy!!!
It seems that you had very good control of the staff unlike some other videos i've seen. YOU would actually not burn yourself if the staff was on fire. Cheers for the inspiration.
Sorry, dont have anything bad to criticise.

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
eeeeek would you look at that shirt or should I sat vest I mean for a self confessed narcissist!!! wink and those shorts dose the word clash mean anything to you and and erm.... yeh!! socks with shorts I mean its just not done and and (scrabbles round for more insults as cant criticise the staffing cos it was to dam smooth) wink wink

you could try dropping it a few times to make it look like you don’t know what you are doing or somthing hug hug

(great vid Ben)
ubblove ubblove

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yes I agree. The vest shorts combo was un-flattering. And shock horror, it's not your backyard!

In toher news: Those moves mostly start with or go to reverse fishtails don't they? Why have you not connected them all together? Plus make the transition out of the foot fishtail more smooth, (good editing, but you can tell you're about to grab it... smile )

The fishtail, propellor, fishtail, is only done on one side, (the front) you could do a propellor behind you as well.

What's your other arm doing? It doesn't seem to be posing.

Other than that it's really good. Too many fishtails thou... smile

biggrin hug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lol im sure i never confessed to be a narcissist .... i usually leave that for the narcissits anonymous meetings ..... id point you to download a video i made ages ago called bang bang but sadly the site that was hosting it no longer exists and i dont seem to be able to find a copy ........ but if u happen to find some one with one watch it its nothing but drops and burns set to music smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lol it wasnt set in my back yard as some evil evil ppl required it for a demonic ritual of some sort i think it involved coffee and cackling. actually the singlet (sheesh vest i mean reeeeally oh wait i forgot u dont have them cos its so cold over there tongue)

i shall practise my new non stick fishy exercises and put a nice long sequence of fish together just for you miss meg. i didnt connect them all together as the evil witches where censored ing with my chee and i dropped it loads i just put it all together as an explaination for a post i made on tribe and figured id stick it here to.

next time ill get a nice witch free zone and make a pretty movie ..... with unicorns ......

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
can we have some poetry about men over the top of the next one too? smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
hey that was awesome, ive never tried staff stuff at all, but vids like those make it look fun, when u stalled it on your foot, that was cool

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

The fishtail, propellor, fishtail, is only done on one side, (the front) you could do a propellor behind you as well.

Is front a side?

Written by: Mint Sauce

you could try dropping it a few times to make it look like you don’t know what you are doing or somthing

Written by: a gay poet

id point you to download a video i made ages ago called bang bang but sadly the site that was hosting it no longer exists and i dont seem to be able to find a copy ........ but if u happen to find some one with one watch it its nothing but drops and burns set to music

i have a vid of Ben continually throwing his sticks on the floor whilst trying to pretend he's doing it on purpose. Quite good for a giggle tongue Found it on the Soton site i think. Doesn't have any music on it though frown

Meh

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
sent it to me if its small enough to E-mail or just put it in cd and bring it to man on 15th

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well as with many other aspects of the amorphous entity we know and love as Ben-ja-men it's ludicrously bigger/grander than it actually needs to be and won't actually cram into an email....

I shall endeavour to try and remember it on the 15th.

Meh

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

Well as with many other aspects of the amorphous entity we know and love as Ben-ja-men it's ludicrously bigger/grander than it actually needs to be

*insert flabigastered graemlin here*

methinks ud have a copy of the rubbish unedited footage that josh took of me before i left for the yoo kee im hoping my bang bang video is on an old backup cd somewhere ill get a copy to strugz if i can find it.

chris ill add some gay poetry into my next video along with the unicorn just for you, unless i find the props to do the special video for drew first in which case the unicorn and poetry will have to wait.

on a completely unrelated note even if youve never done fishtails or staff you can criticise my movement as to what looks pretty and what looks awkward (eg the foot fishtails and the whole leaning back thing) comeon ppl help me out here!!!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
*copied from the Gallery seeing as you obviously don't look in there very much Mr B*

Written by: (edited)Me

Very nice, I like how you edited in all your best bits rolleyes

Most liked bit - Fishtails into isolated (erm...or is it called propellor?) back into fish tails = very nice

but

Fishtail into foot fishtail and back was quite sloppy. You over balanced lots so work on controlling the pass from hand to feet a bit better (was a well recovered mistake tho) . Infact come to Sheffeild next week and get some decent foot fishtails lessons you're obviously not practising enough now you're back in Ozshire

Fishtail to neck roll to fishtail was quite nice but the finish was a little...erm..."stiff"...so smooth out the ending a little, don't rush it back onto your arm

All the rest was brill, as usual biggrin

*hugs*

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
thank you mr bug biggrin

i had an interesting idea of what to do with my other hand while fishtailing while dancing last night mmmm hopefully a nice illusion effect will come of it all, ill post a vid eventually cos well words to hard

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
sounds like fun. Hope it doesn't take as long as that Secrets of London vid did! wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, sure be nice to him. Make me look bad...

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, you asked for feedback...
You spelt "criticise" wrong at the end.
Use your left hand
Don't look quite so gay / camp it up more - no one likes a fence sitter wink
Come back to the UK

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
very groovy smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
nice man, i liked the drop to foot and kick to hand, that was the best trick for me, make it look very fluid, maybe you could do a kick up type move, so from left hand to right foot, from right foot to left foot, and left foot to right hand?

on a side note, nice to see my sticks are making you better wink

are they still with org grip?

Step (el-nombrie)

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Yep a nice little vid really like the angle roll (bastard) and the music wasn't Queen which adds a whole new dimention to all videos...

Anyway moving on to acturl real criticisum and not just general abuse i'd say do the fish tails on the back of the hand and not on the wrist just because i think it looks better.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt