Page:
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I see ibeefy8 has been doing these and I've been wanting to expand them for quite some time so seemed like a good time to do so for anyone who wants to learn or has any tips and advice for them.

Name: Propellors

Family: Contact

Desc: To rotate the poi around the body, without wraps or clamping, around any part of the body, vertically in any wall or wheel plane or any horizontal plane.

eg.....as a poi spins clockwise around your arm and the weight comes upwards, you can find the balance point to maintain the rotation the poi around your arm, (but without wraps maintaining increased friction like the "suicide" wrap) It's very similar too isolated staff and devil stick propellors although has many more variables to control due to the flexibilty of the poi body and thus quite a lot trickier IMO.

Currently I'm up to a consistent 8 beats, have been over 10, which is nice, but it won't keep me happy until I can make it infinate(ish).

I have found that the control of speed is the most difficult aspect, once it gets too quick it tends to fly off but to slow it down can start the poi wrapping around you. Speed is very dificult to control but must be the key to controlling infinate propellors.

Tips, advice, experiences all welcome as usual biggrin hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
yes. double inverse butterfly thruwrap to handcuff passes. biggrin

they're the new trucker hat.

-- dut

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dut

yes. double inverse butterfly thruwrap to handcuff passes. biggrin

they're the new trucker hat.

-- dut

They're soooo last year wink And this is the propellor thread, go post in the thru-wrap thread! tongue biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Page:

HOP Newsletter