ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I cant help it but everytime i poi i seem to pull a very serious face, not even that i have to concentrate on what im doing, it just seems to be
automatic, i dont really see anyone else smiling either, does everyone else have this problem
and how can we overcome it???
maybe think of something funny?
any ideas

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
I have exactly the same problem, although i will say i am concentrating. My friends say what i'm doing looks really good, but i need to loose the look of concentration and seriousness on my face; but i tell them to have a fucking go and try and grin at the same time, but they can't either. I say do some creative moves and wear some fucnky clothes and no one will be looking at your face any way.

xx

The bigger the pants the better!

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Yup - same here. I do the same when I'm DJing too which is even more noticeable as I'm usually in full view of the crowd. I think the only way to change is to concentrate on making a more happy expression while doing all the easy moves - the ones you can do with your eyes closed - and then it should filter through to the rest of the performance.

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Not only do I look really serious I often will bite my lower lip. Someone took a picture of me doing this once and looks absolutely absurd. I'll see if I can find it, and if I can I'll put it in my gallery.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy:
Not only do I look really serious I often will bite my lower lip. Someone took a picture of me doing this once and looks absolutely absurd. I'll see if I can find it, and if I can I'll put it in my gallery.
I do that, too! I've just given up and assume that they don't really watch my face.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
"Ugly Bob? I thought your name was Handsome Bob?"

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
bahahahahhahaha

oh bender youve made my night...i used to quote that all the time youve just reminded me of that.

"oh noooooo im going ot have a freak babyyyyy*

people have told me when i spin my eyes get "freaky" im not sure what they mean by this as its a very subjective word buti get i get pretty intense.. i personally feel like im grinning my fool head off.

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

tweetmember
16 posts

Posted:
Bender?!?!?! fucking hell, wkd pic, who R u ? Do you all know eachother on HoP?

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I've been told that I'm either sticking out my tongue (full on concentration) or smiling. Haha I really need to get a video of it so I can have a gewd chuckle

But it doesn't really matter so much cause when I watch performances I'm normally looking at the fire and hand/body movements neways.

Djing on the other hand I do look at the faces...but no smiling is fine as long as you got some headbobbing to your music goin' on...cause if you ain't groovin' to your music nobody else is gonna either.

Om Namah Sivaya

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
If I'm practicing a new move, I'll almost always be wearing a confused/serious expression.
But if I'm having a play, I've either got the phatest smile, or a look of orgasmic pleasure on ma face. Can't help it, Poi'ing zones me out.. takes me to a happy place....

Az abouve, So below...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
picture? dya mean the gallery? ima missing something here...
ima more confused than a dog at a fire hydrant factory.
/steams out of ear
Uh tweet, I definitely don't know too many peeps here, but it's not hard to make friends at a groovy spot like HoP! you prove that point - you are making more mates by the day! I guess it sounds like we're ol' school chums or something here, but that's only because of the fact that I am frantically hiding that fact that am not even human.
I will reveal you you know, that I am indeed an artificial intelligence originally called 'Wintermute.' Ever seen a haunted mussel? I am indeed a Ghost in the Shell. Either that or i am an overbored office worker with an internet connection pray that i am not a vengeful starfish!

It's wacky how vengeful my face looks when i twirl, but then again I twirl like i'm intending to swat that mozzie that bit me. An idea for future COL videos is that silly face photos in the chapter indexes with a face for every performer on it, and an insultingly bad SD anime caricature of the faces of people who don't supply photos. Performance troupes can get their faces morphed into one seamless hideous conjoined deformity.
/roams the land to find babies to scare..

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always