Forums > Social Chat > under-the-leg-weave!!!

Login/Join to Participate

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
A few days ago a club swinger a my local circus skills club showed me a move i've not seen before,,,,,,the under the leg weave.Wasn't too sure how well known this move is but it looks pretty cool, try it out!to start off with, during the weave,when on the left hand side, i just threw my right hand under my left leg for the last beat, then added more beats on both sides grin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Added more beats once it was under your leg or pulling it back out? confusedSorry, maybe I am being moronic but huh?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Um Pele, I think he is talking about doing a weave where one (or both) hand(s) is/are under a raised leg (ala Cancan).I've seen guys do this one, and I think it looks a bit stoopid (kinda more of a 'look mum' trick than a proper performance trick) but thats cuz they weren't flexible enough to get the kick up high and straight..I reckon a martialartsy guy who can do wicked sweeping cresent kicks would look good while doing that...and of course, lots of women seem to know how to do that too smile I think you can do it Pele"?Anyhow - there you go.Josh

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
'Sfunny. I was trying to do this very move a week or so ago, and just couldn't get it, because I'm not flexible enough, of course. Just couldn't get that leg high enough. Oh well. Either I'll have to take yoga classes or leave that out of my bag of tricks.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks Josh...here it's called an empire stand and not only does it take flexibility but balance and leg muscle control (to hold it up). I got it but doubt I'll use it in a show. Thanks for the posting though.When I pictured it I saw it more of a bend over kind of move which is why it didn't seem right. Okay so stick me in the duh hall of fame....maybe i should go to bed now!!!! smileThanks------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I guess I should add, that one of my fantasy moves (you know, the ones you day dream about smile) is to do that, while doing a cresent / spin-cresent kick combo...there would be room for a couple of b/w the leg switches and at least one body wrap...hmm.....not the kind of transition you get over night...I'm working towards it...that and the one hand 3-beat two poi weave cartwheel combo... smileJosh