Forums > Social Chat > Serious Withdrawl Sympoms...

Login/Join to Participate

NightRunnermember
20 posts

Posted:
Those of you who don't live in the midwest USA may or may not have heard about the fires we've been having around here lately. A pretty severe drought has dried out the ground here in Colorado, and we've had some bad large-scale fires. As a result, any form of "open burning" has been strictly prohibited for over a month now.
So my babies have been just hanging up on the wall, geting no exercize at all. I can almost hear their voices every night in my head, saying "Light us...light us...play with us...pleeeeease..." I swear I'm going nuts! I've tried glowsticks, photons, fabric fans, nothinh helps. So sad...
Anyway, this is just my official "It's confirmed: God hates me." rant. Anyone else having the same problem?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I tried to trim the back lawn with petrol and matches. Scared the chicken jesus out of myself.

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
There were 3 arsenist fires set in my town (thankfully while I was away at summer camp cuz I woulda been a suspect) so there's a family ban on my fire poi.

I'm sure you could just pick em' up and put alot of weights on them? (Quarters work very nicely imo)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
How was camp? Set any good fires?

Meh

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Not in that situation but I feel your pain my friend... I pray that you will soon see your fire pois lit again!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Colorado isn't really the midwest, but i've been hearing about it. wish i had some advice..perhaps you could spin indoors?

and Kinudin, family ban for other people's fires?
isn't that a little odd?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I have some advice. Go to the little Poi on the Platte gathering Sunday nights. The fire ban, as far as I understand it, applies only to county open spaces and to forested areas. I heard nothing applying to the city, aside from burning leaf piles and lawn clippings which is illegal anyhow.

I haven't made it to this poi gathering yet, but I drove by last night on my way to pick up my g/f at work and there were quite a few people there and, of course, fire.

It's easy to find too. Find REI on 15th and platte and walk to you hit the river, then follow the smell of kero and the light of the fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Actually, Kyrain, Colorado is part of the midwest. Co is the western most edge of it. I guess a lot of people have grave misconceptions about our state (particularly those from CA) I meet many people who think that the whole state is mountains and that Co driver's have to have huge SUV's to drive the trecherous peaks. But in fact, more than half of the state is flat and supports as much farming and ranching as any of the other midwest states.

And thank Jeebus it's finally been raining! It rained every afternoon this weekend. It's raining now, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Heh heh... Cantus actually there was a fire ban where I was camping also so instead of camp fires they were kinda "Gather around the flashlight" things.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
don't say that to any "midwesterners" east of the mississippi. we're all convinced the midwest stops right around the mississippi. south dakota, nebraska, kansas, etc. are all part of the "plains." the plains last until the mountains, which can also just be generally termed "the west" as opposed to "the west coast." but then "midwesterners" are a weird bunch anyway so perhaps you ought not to listen to them.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
But you see, you don't even get to the western part of the country untill you cross the Mississippi, let alone to the mid part of the west. The west (but not the west coast) starts at the the continental devide which is better than half way through CO and WY. I think you only see it this way as you live in CT which, if I remember correctly, is about pissing distance from the east coast. So to you everything is west. But it would be more accurate to call most of those states the 'mid east' rather than the mid west.