Page:
FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
Hello (echo, echo, echo..... etc)

Is there anyone from New Zealand in this flashin box of gizmoes. If so, Drop us a line of what ever you think the time and place calls for. Hungry for contact of the NZ Human Kind.
We need more kiwis on this thing, it almost seems like a British Affair.

Toy, Toys oh wonderful fire toys,
How bright your wicks do glow,
Show us you path that leads to the enlightenment window,
From there we shall weave web of flame until the sun does show,
Her elemental rays of life and wonder,
Where all our questions are lined up for answering in the virgen light of another day,
Although all answers are only given when the window to the soul is open,
Be not dismayed if you are given not what your were hoping,
All questions will be answered when the sun decides that you and your soul is ready for its burden.

FireFly Guy Has Had A Moment Of Spiritual Clarity

ENJOY!!

For those of you who dig Quotes: be true, be real, be a cool cat and your fire shall burn bright through all of your experiences in life and in death

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
This quiet is quite eerie isn't it. So this is the sound of no responses......

Meh

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
Cantus

if no one is around to hear the sound of no replies, Does the sound of no replies make no sound?

Think about that one for a while

For those of you who dig Quotes: be true, be real, be a cool cat and your fire shall burn bright through all of your experiences in life and in death

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I have cheese and beer. I think not. Or nought.

Meh

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
Both cheese AND beer, Well!!
I hear that you can get some pretty revolting english beer, is this true??

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should ask a foreigner I'm biased.

It depends what you count as revolting. I detest Budweiser. It, like most american beers, has no flavour. Did you mean beers with more or less flavour than bud?

Meh

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
You mean you guys have a beer on the market with less flavour than Budweiser, I'm shocked that that was even possible.

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
Oh, I've killed all intellegent out there with my underdeveloped sense of humour.

Again, is the anybody out there

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Can't think of one off hand. I was just asking for a frame of reference.

Meh

FireFly Guymember
49 posts

Posted:
Well, I can't give you a solid frame of reference but I can tell you that in my opinion, The darker the beer, the better. Well, I thought that everybody liked Guiness, oh what the hey.
But unfortunately we only get the stuff that is brewed in Auckland.

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
well im not from new zealand but somehow i felt compelled to respond to your post. You know what else sucks about american beer? its alcohol content. You have to drink like 20 beers to get drunk but only 5 or 9 here in canada. yep well thats my non new zealand input. sorry

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Guinness is Irish.

There have been several threads about beers/ales/whatever. I suggest you do a search for them.

Meanwhile this poor bewildered fool is looking for kinfolk in the wilds of New Zealand. Help him some one. Help him.

He can't seem to find any other kiwis on this website that was started (and is still run) in New Zealand by a New Zealander. Can you find it in your hearts to aid him?

If only one of the moderators was a kiwi - perhaps from Auckland - that would be a help.

It would be really cool if the winner of the staff section for the first 2 years of the Circles of Light competition was from New Zealand. That would be such an inspiration for a young lad lost and all alone without a single other spinner in his country with access to this site.

Or perhaps if the whole damn site was teeming with new zealanders and aussies. Then his worry would be over. But alas and alack it's mainly a british affair.....

Meh

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
now now cantus, there's no need to be so curt.
you musn't mistake lack of knowledge for stupidity.
no firefly guy we don't have any kind of drinks in this country worse than american budweiser.
except dandelion and burdock. but i don't think that counts. luckily if we want a good lager we're close enough to the czech republic to get budvar (the original budweiser ).
even more luckily, we don't need lager coz british beer is better than anyone else's.

btw whereabouts in nz are you?
i have an uncle in wellington (we shipped him out there when we caught him stealing things)

wherever you go, there you are.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ros and I tried to buy some Wellingtons the otherr day. If that's any help?

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Lydia is a very nice kiwi and i wonder where she is on a thread like this.....

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hello from Auckland,

:hands you some marmite and a defaced Winston Peters political poster:

A small suggestion to everyone on the board, including FireFly Guy. If you want people from a town or country to respond, try putting that town or country in the Thread Topic.

I've buzzed over this thread dozens of times this morning because I didn't look at it...

Anyways.

How ya doing there FireFly????

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
go look for Fwirl (Lydia) in the staff section, she just posted and you can mebbe get her email offa there. nice chica.

oh, and try the meet others section perhaps?

might turn up a few.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Stella:
well im not from new zealand but somehow i felt compelled to respond to your post. You know what else sucks about american beer?
The taste.

Alcohol content is irrelevant, if you think about it. If I need to get drunk (which never happens) then I can drink vodka. Why would I want to suffer through American beer to get drunk, when there's an easier way? Even if the alcohol content was higher, what would be the point?

Ick...I hate alcohol in general, but beer was the first thing I ever got drunk and sick on...and NEVER AGAIN!

*shudder*

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
There were no New Zealanders on yesterday at all. I was here for about 8 hours and I didn't see one. Now it's swarming with them again. was there a holiday or something?

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
National day of mourning, I'd suspect. We beat the All Blacks again on Saturday night

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I watched that. It was quite good wasn't it.

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
If you consider quite good to include weak attacking play, inconsistent refereeing and a certain Bourke that was kicking like a burke, then, yeah, it was a good game

Thank the Gods for injury time And Mat Rogers

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
by burke do you mean berk?

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
30ish blokes ran up and down and kicked 7 shades of fun out of each other. Sounds like a good game to me.

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Yep, but no idea how to spell it....

Variations I thought of include: burke, burk, bourke, Bourke (as in the proper noun), birk..

But I'm happy to go with berk

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Are you sure your fave colour is red? Would you settle for green?

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Oooh, green's just loverly too, the colour of nature, the colour of earth, the colour of a beautifully prepared cricket pitch in summer......

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Don't you start with the bloody cricket. I get enough of that from Bendy.

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You beat us in the damn commonwealth games as well. You want your country back now?

Although i think it's cheating sending a swimmer with feet that size....

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
GRRRRR!!!!

I get so sick of you forigners assuming that all American beer tastes like Coors and Budweiser

Not that Americans have ever been accused of having anything resembling collective good taste, but there are hundreds of wonderful beers that are not only so dark you need to chew them, but many have a wicked alcohal content. Steel Reserve for example, while not the greatest tasting beer in the world, gets the job done with an 8.9% alcohal content. Shiner has a very good amber bach. Sam Adams, Flying Dog, and the company that produces Fat Tire and Blue Paddle all have wonderful selections of stouts, lagers, pale ales, and bitters. All of which will make most imports want to run back home to their respective mommies. If there is any disbelief feel free to come here and spend the time in the offie to look past the Coors and the rice beers like budweiser and taste some real beer.

Ironicly, while I hear forigners complane constantly of American beer, in every country I have ever been to I have noticed that the steets are litterd with Budwieser cans. This includes Canada, and the UK.
Odd, that.......

[ 05 August 2002, 18:03: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

Page: