Forums > Social Chat > Manipulation - the same in many languages ;)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
YAY YAY YAY!

Week-end of joy and break through...

I always knew that juggling was manipulation... I had heard it discussed a couple of times amongst various jugglers.
This weekend I realised it in practice!
I know many of you will know this moment WELL and some of you wont be able to fully understand what I'm really chatting about...

I basically picked up my pois and thought I'd let it flow to practice 'performing.' I dont know quite how it happened. um... drug induced trance maybe?!
I just zoned out and let the pois guide me... I practiced and practiced and practiced and after a point I realised that those things in my hands were objects that I was manipulating to make shapes, patterns, sequences... They werent pois, there was no such things as a 'move.' Its felt as though they were extensions of my arms which I had full pivotal/twirling control over...

It was one of the most amazing experiences!

I really know what it feels like now; not just 'YAY spinny pretty things' and 'wow, check out this new move.'
FULL control...
Beauty! Peace!
That lovely state of focused, transcendental meditation! I was and still feel on top of the world. A new experience has begun and I am fully enjoying the ride...

Much love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
*pixie look round and wonders where all those who replied the first time went...*

Hmmmmm....

*bump*

Looking for a kind hearted reader here... Is that you... did you manipulate? do you want to?

Just try and see what happens
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You know, I had this experience while spinning at a gig last week. For the first time, I started to feel like I was pushing the pois where I wanted them to go, rather than pulling them away from where I didn't want them to go. Does that make any sense?

There just comes a point where you realize that you have full control and it's no longer about moves and routines, but just about letting it go and not thinking about it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Let it all go Mike. It is then that you will see your own light shinning so bright.

dromepixie

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Page: