Forums > Social Chat > Manipulation - the same in many languages ;)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
YAY YAY YAY!

Week-end of joy and break through...

I always knew that juggling was manipulation... I had heard it discussed a couple of times amongst various jugglers.
This weekend I realised it in practice!
I know many of you will know this moment WELL and some of you wont be able to fully understand what I'm really chatting about...

I basically picked up my pois and thought I'd let it flow to practice 'performing.' I dont know quite how it happened. um... drug induced trance maybe?!
I just zoned out and let the pois guide me... I practiced and practiced and practiced and after a point I realised that those things in my hands were objects that I was manipulating to make shapes, patterns, sequences... They werent pois, there was no such things as a 'move.' Its felt as though they were extensions of my arms which I had full pivotal/twirling control over...

It was one of the most amazing experiences!

I really know what it feels like now; not just 'YAY spinny pretty things' and 'wow, check out this new move.'
FULL control...
Beauty! Peace!
That lovely state of focused, transcendental meditation! I was and still feel on top of the world. A new experience has begun and I am fully enjoying the ride...

Much love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Yay little pixie!!!

It's a nice feeling isn't it.

Love and Light,

Finn

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mr Kato likened it to "being touched by and in touch with the gods".

Meh

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Amazing way to describe it!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmmmmmm

the feeling of control

I smell something burning.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ooops,err sorry ShizNot, that was me...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
what ever floats your boat

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Sounds bewtiful

*runs out to play with poi seeking same experience*

sigh....but knows deep down that it will not come whilst seeking it...but runs out anyways

Om Namah Sivaya

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It might come if you call it though. I think it answers to Mitsy.

Meh

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
i agree its one of the best feelings ever *feels good just thinking about it* and nicely put too, my only problem is keeping it when i try a new move.

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I have a witty response to your post Stella but, I fear, you'll just ignore it so it shall remain unspaken.

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
drome - 'tis a funny that you should post this now, as the deepest trance I have ever had during a twirl was last sat night (performing doubles + sharpy/burny) to cut a long story short, I cleared my mind and new moves and combinations came to my mind as I performed them and each jump and flip was performed with straight legs and firm landings - at several points I forgot there was anyone around. such a beautiful feeling! my meditative traces are soo much clearer now that deliberate negative emotions/smoking/caffeine are no longer part of my life. To feel the avalanche of great ideas when you free your head is so surprising! The only downside was that I had a bit of a headache while everything in my vision grew curly tips that kept wriggling lazily like worms. The question must be asked where such enormous serendipity comes from. My esotericism teacher discourages use of ****, explaining that such consicousness is only developed through years of hard, disciplined spiritual work, and that use of **** temporarily reveals only a hint of it, cheating if you will. That reason alone was powerful enough for me to quit smoking anything and even stop drinking/taking caffeine (all of which cloud the mind!) This issue is definitely become the focus of my life now, as it central to the way i structure the way i live, from firetwirling to karma debt!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
My pseudo sword spinning practice has lead to great advances in my poi spinning - and my double staff - it's strange where you find inspiration and new hope.

Meh

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
We all have Karmic debts to solve people to meet and people to share energy with
Tis good that some are on the right track!

I meditate in many ways besides my pois/staff/juggling...
I dont think its 'cheating' seeing as you are focusing on one thing when you reach the trance like state described, which, in essence is meditation.
I do doubt you will reach enlightenment by practicing poi as that does take many years of dicipline and practice...
Thanks for sharing bender

Much love to all, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Good on you mate!

Inside the vortex life is all good...

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
C@ntus: Inspiration can be easily found in beauty whether physical or not

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

6,978 posts

Posted:
This is the closest painted image that resembles how i saw things on saturday morning, except the world's detail (grass, corners, stars) swayed and wriggled in the same floating lazy manner that underwater coral sways.

Non-Https Image Link

Absolutely magical.
The meditation came after the performances - Every time my friends tried to sit me up to dance, I'd break the trance and whine about 'focusing my eyesight' and 'drawing me back to this plane' the night was so fun and peaceful I was happy all weekend!
It's getting so easy to be happy now that I feel like a village idiot

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dromepixie, i should talk you through some of my artwok sometime. You'd be surprised where i get some of my inspiration

Meh

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
aaaah c@ntus, i might not have ignored your witty post, i might have appreciated your humour. that was very cool to hear about bender. im falling asleep at computer must finish pos...............

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
You Aussies never cease to amaze me!
I will get my ass to australia some day...
Then we can have one of those trancendental chats over a large *l*ff.

C@ntus I'd love to see some of your work! I am thinking about what I said and inspiration can also be found in deep dark places... My other halfs art for about 3 years was fueled by angst and fear...

Much love to you all, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
fogotten

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

6,978 posts

Posted:
forgot what? ..let's wear some afghan wigs!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
What about the beards?

6,978 posts

Posted:
shhhhhhh!
/whispers to drome
hey I'm hoarding the beards we had agreem- hey wait you aren't kinudin!!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
nope not kinudin but i think the beard idea goes down well!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
look at me I have FULL control
*gets smacked between the eyes*

I smell something burning.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
yeah drome thanks for directing me towards this one! This is exactly what I was trying to get across

I can remember when this one was first posted and I read the first couple of posts - I still hadnt had the breakthrough where everything became simple in my mind and it seemed that I could just use thought to control the flight path of my poi, concentration on where I would like them to go and just letting my arms and body move at free will to get them there.

It really is like a feeling of enlightenment that clears all thoughts or worries

Mark P

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
It actually CAN be defined as a meditation (of sorts) because you are focusing all your energy into one thing. If you just let it go past learning tricks into the stuff straight from your heart then all is well and they shall soon be flowing so freely you wonder whether you are putting effort in!

Much love, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by dromepixie:
It actually CAN be defined as a meditation (of sorts) because you are focusing all your energy into one thing. If you just let it go past learning tricks into the stuff straight from your heart then all is well and they shall soon be flowing so freely you wonder whether you are putting effort in!
funny that drome said this, cus i'm nearing the completion of an astral course, and my main task right now is focusin all my concentration on my heart as i go to sleep.
all shapes, hey? (my crytals still don't work, although the special person that gave them to me did mention that they should be washed in the ocean if others have touched it - I still dunno what to actually do with them, so i putz them in a bag, like i do with my lucky plutonium rod; it glows!)

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Searching for another old page to put a link on another thread I found this in my travels.

I had to bump it as I am at a point in my life where I am beginning to focus my mind towards allowing manipulation to live in my life as a constant course of action/inaction

Glass: the tao will awaken you to many new ideas, fanks for pointing me vaguely in the right direction... (We need a smilie that is happy but has a tear in its eye)

Some individuals might find it interesting and others who forgot about it would like to be reminded of the ideas in this thread...

*bump*

Much love hugs kisses and light to all,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Page: