Forums > Social Chat > any youths in vancouver bc who likes poi?

Login/Join to Participate

Blaze NetworksBRONZE Member
41 posts

Posted:
Okay... heres where i'm comin' at.... my fellow and partner who does poi with me is leaving for NZ this month And I need to find another YOUTH who actually knows how to do poi and is not afraid of spinning fire...... SO....... if your between the ages of 13-19 (what? pd choose this age group) and is interested in spinning fire poi in a performance.... please post a reply!! I'M DESPERATE FOR ANOTHER POI SPINNER..... even if you know a couple of moves.. i'll teach you some new ones... and yes this is how desparate Clement is.....

PS.... thanks cazza for everything...

hrm... lets burn stuff.... jah!

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
If you can wait an entire year, im your man er... woman. I live in ontario and plan to move to BC for university. So that really wouldnt help you right now would it? Try going to meet others (at top of page) and type in vancouver. you should get some matches. But heck if you still dont have a partner by next year i will definately join you.

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
oh Clement I 'll miss you soooo much!! We've had so much fun!!!! But alas home awaits me...and i know that you will find some spinners out there in Van as it is huge!! MASSIVE even!!.....And Clement it is quite alright!! Loved spending time with ya...and being here has been such a huge experience and eye opener so cheers for the friendship and we will most definitely keep in touch!!
peace to you all
love
cazzar

krazziekarmamember
9 posts

Posted:
sup clement.....tis me da good karma typing to ya from sacramento!
how have you been?
well if i was in vancouver id spin with ya....but im not so i cant......hmm dont ya love the obvious....yes welli finially joined!
i was just recently practicing poi...im so close to the 5 beat weave but just cant quite get it damn it! neh..one day!
well keep in touch.....have fun.play hard and remember " drugs are just bad mmmmmmmmkkkkkkayyyyyyyyyyyyy" pahahah ahahahhaha !
peace out.........
41 posts

Posted:
geez.... casey and karma gone... what am i suppose to do??? i'm gonna miss ya both!!!! and always keep in touch!!!!!

STELLA: if only ur gone to uni here like now... but still.... when you come over, lets hang out and hook up.

Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
oh thatnks for syaing hi Karma...i'm so offended now
although i'm not really...because sticks and stones might breaks my bones but words will never hurt me!! ehehehe
see ya in Sac...Kram and have fun in Edmonton Clement
love Cazzar ..peace to you all

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
when i come to vancouver i will definately hang out with you so do you do performances places, is that why you need a partner or is it just for the niceness of having someone to spin with?

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
oh wait im dumb, or unobservant, you already wrote that it was for performance. sorry

41 posts

Posted:
oh don't worry stella... i still need someone to spin with..... and yes.. you won't be able to make it for the performance.... but then yeah... we can still hang out and do some busking... *go buskers* and yeah....

thanks Casey... and see ya later karma..... NO FIGHTING WHILE YOUR TOGETHER... just joking... fight all you want... but not to a point that ur killin each other lol well i gotta go finish pakin.. ttyl!

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
Hi. You want to find someone in Vancouver, this may help you. On Commercial Dr. (by the Broadway Station), go to the Trout Lake Community Centre. There is a really nice girl who teaches mainly poi classes there sometime during the summers. I am sure that the community centre would forward your number to her. I don't remember her name, but she's a pretty redheaded girl in her mid-late 20's. She would definately be able to help you find someone, that is, if you find her. She works for Pyrella Works or something like that, she does all the big fire shows. Maybe look them up too. Other than that, have you tried asking a few sellers on Wreck Beach? They may lead you to someone as well. If I was out there, I'd help you out (I can still look 19).
Anyways, good-luck.

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
aaaah busking, definately the busking, is there good places to busk in vancouver? The most ive ever made was 50 in a day and then split it in two between my friend and i so... 25

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I once made 4. I took 2 (but I had to give one back).

Meh

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
that sounds like my first time busking cantus, we made a dollar and five cents (we found the five cents) and then some kid stole 2 dollars so we were in the hole 95 cents. that sucked

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
I recently moved to Vancouver and don't know anyone so it would be cool to find more people with same interest. However I am 25 years old so way older then the 19 years limit plus I'm really new to staff but you can email me at goreki@excite.com

letitburnslacker of biblical proportions
44 posts

Posted:
yarrr wuts kickin im just lookin for some people tp spin fire with i do the rope dart and staff and im willing to teach so send me a message if u wanna spin

float like a butterfly and sting like when i pee

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
hey, am in Van atm actually. Think there's a group of people who spin/do fire etc at Trout Lake on sundays if you know where that is

Just a dancer in the dark

letitburnslacker of biblical proportions
44 posts

Posted:
i know were its at i live out in surrey but i do venture out from time to time

float like a butterfly and sting like when i pee