Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Come to confest! you'll love it!! it's a hippy festival that runs in the bush from Wednesday the 29th December 2004 to Tuesday 4th January 2005
Written by:

WHAT'S ConFest ABOUT?

The Down to Earth Co-op Society has been organising ConFest (Conference/ Festival) for the last 24 years. We are a completely volunteer organisation. The first ConFest was held at Cotter River, ACT in 1976 with the aim of `transforming society. Down To Earth Vic still organises ConFest; It's a camping, nature, one tribe gathering seeking to celebrate and explore the same ideals that it started with. ConFest is clothes optional. You are free to wear or not wear, what ever you like.You may be greeted by a naked gate volunteer. For first timers ConFest can be challenging. Set up a camping spot, relax, avoid sunburn, and make friends.

ConFest is essentially a healing, personal growth event; a sharing of ideas about what it means to be a `happy', `whole' human (from humus meaning earth) being.

WHAT HAPPENS AT CONFEST

Workshops, play shops, singing, dancing, discussions, tai chi, yoga, jamming, alternative technology, vegetarian market, fire twirling, circus skills, meditations, walking, swimming and more. You may have some skill or thoughts you'd like to share with others. Feel free to create your own workshop. Advertise it on the boards provided. ConFest is as much you as it is any other person. Or feel free to just do your own thing. Villages are set up on particular themes. Create or join with a village that is your flavour.

WHAT TO TAKE

ConFest is a camp-out. Bring simple camping gear, some food, a hat, a water bottle, sun block or protective clothing, insect repellent, torch, musical instruments, light footwear. Bring some warm clothes as the nights may be cold. Earplugs can be good for blocking out noise when you want to sleep. Showers and toilets provided are basic and adequate. We have doctors on site but people with special health or physical needs please let DTE know as soon as possible to see if we can help in any way.

ubbrollsmile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Where is that? I'm English and haven't got a [censored] clue where t is?!!

Health is a secondary consideration when you have a lifestyle to maintain

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

'my guess would be staffers dont waste time talking bollox' - strugz

6,978 posts

Posted:
it's at a creek property 17km north of the murray river that runs along the border between the australian states of victoria and new south wales smile

6,978 posts

Posted:
heh there's so few pages about confest that the page you are reading is the 17th highest ranked google hit for the term 'confest' biggrin
ps see you ay confest!!!
ubbangel

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
At least I don't have to worry about being underage...the question now is who of my friends would be able to go...

Can we rock up anyday and stay for however long we want?
EDITED_BY: xabandonedx (1104201989)

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
xabandonedx,

ConFest is between Moama and Deni.

Check out Confest INFO.

By the way, I think Bender is going.

And hey, we will all be back at Easter wink
EDITED_BY: Stone (1104203110)

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

6,978 posts

Posted:
photos of the loveliest place i've ever been lucky enough to have stayed at!!!
https://photobucket.com/albums/v601/Bendered/ConfestSumm05/