peles_paynimSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
hey all...so i've been reading up on all the info about wire wool and a group of us would like to try them this weekend...there are a couple of holes in the info...are different fuels required?...how large of a fireproof area do we need...and do those molten pieces of metal hurt? smile

real eyes
realize
real lies

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
you can dip the wool but its best not to, it burns on its own. you need a relitivly large area deppending on the wind.

As its winter tho it will most likly be wet (in the UK anyway frown)so it should be fine.

i cant talk from personal experience about the pain bu my lil bro who stoud in the wrong place said it hurt but not for more than a second.

Hope this helps alil and make sure you hav as many cameras on hand as possible as you will want the most possible chances of catching the perfect 2 second from the perfectangle.

fire leads to creation

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yes it hurts a lot.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
If the molten steel ends up on your skin it hurts....and burns through the skin very quickly....ouch!

If it hits and bounces off though it tends to sting for a couple of seconds then the pain is gone.

As for an area....make sure you have a LARGE area and get everyone to stand well back the spray area is huge especially if you spin really fast!

DO NOT soak the wire wool it is better to light it dry....wait till it start to spark then spin spin spin!!!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
you can light wire wool by creating a circuit with a battery. Saves a lot of time trying to light it with a flame

ubbrollsmile

Oh and I've seen some scars from molten metal and they're pretty nasty, and not much will really stop them but if they're well contructed and free flowing the molten shouldn't have time to build up much really.

Let's relight this forum ubblove