MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It's 8°F (-13°C) out right now. Yesterday it was about this temperature as a high. The wind-chill was -13°F (-25°C). The low last night was -2°F (-19°C).

Yesterday morning after swim practice, during the 30 second walk from the building to my car, my hair FROZE. SOLID.

I took my car to the library and the engine temperature gauge read 210°F (99°C) and when I came back to my car 10 minutes later, the 4.0L engine had cooled to 120°F (49°C).

I went to get my mail from my mailbox and it was the most insanely painful thing I did all day. My fingers froze when I took my gloves off to put the key in the mailbox.

It's cold. *brrrrr*

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
That doesn't sound like fun. I'm just glad it wasn't that cold here over the weekend. The heater in my apartment broke Thursday night. The maintenance guys fixed it twice Friday night, and then it went out again Saturday. A new part is supposedly being ordered this morning.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I blame the fact that you LIVE IN ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN! wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
wow - that's colder than here.... eek

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
and i thought the u.k. was bad! lol

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

I blame the fact that you LIVE IN ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN! wink

I'm coming to New York, MoFo. I'm in the airport AS I TYPE THIS...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
wink

-Mike

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Man am I fed up with the smegging cold! I bike into work every morning, and the other day at 7:30am I got about half way wearing a thermaal balaclava and a double lined beanie and my head was getting a bit warm, so I took the beanie off and saw to my astonishment that a layer of ice had actually formed across for forehead! I looked down and there was ice on my gloves, sleeves and trousers - I was turning into a human snowman while biking!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Just to brag it is going to be 27 degrees here in Perth today!!! hehehehehehehee

YexBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
i wish. im going to calgary tomorrow and then i'm headed further into the prairies for new years. looking forward to -40°C weather. but i get to see all my uni friends so that'll be a shield from the cold, along with the arena's walls. smile

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
yea vanize, i dont know about berlin, but here its around 0 deg. C... been like this for almost 3 weeks, and i doubt itll get much colder.

going to vienna soon tho (konsti here i come!!) and i dont think itll be much colder there than here, although vienna is known to get down to -10 C.

twistedfirestartermember
53 posts

Posted:
ok making me appreciate the heat here then, i was gunna bitch about hating it being hot, but that sounds like real harsh weather u have on your hands there.

~*~peace and trust takes years to build, yet takes only seconds to shatter~*~

jennyannejnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Sweet, it's not so bad in Egypt eh!
but actually a lot colder than you would have thought....like I have to wear a sweater when I go out sometimes....brrrrrrrrr
It's a good thing there's poi action to warm me up! CHOO CHOO weavesmiley

get up stand up

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm in New York...and it's still COLD. And I haven't eaten in 36 hours since, believe it or not, there are no open restaurants in this neighborhood after 10. No phone book and the guy at the front desk doesn't really speak English. So I woke up at 3:30 AM with stomach cramps and shakes. See, I don't have much fat on me, so I don't tolerate starvation well.

And this room is FREEZING. I have the heater on full blast and it's not making it any warmer. I'm huddled under two thin blankets unable to sleep on account of mild nausea due to the fact that I HAVEN'T EATEN IN 36 HOURS. And I swam a workout yesterday, too, but didn't have time to get food because then I had to rush to the airport. And no, I couldn't get food in the airport because all my flights were delayed after boarding causing me to rush between flights and...

Gah. I hate this.

-Mike

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
hug I know that feeling all too well, Lightning. I wouldn't have been able to type about it though; I'd be passed out somewhere by that point. It's also the reason I've learned to travel with granola bars whereever I go...they live in my backpack, my purse, my car, and my desk at work. It might be a good idea for you to start doing something similar - at least keep 1 or 2 protein bars in the bag you take with you to the pool.

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
It's not so bad over here in the West Midlands, but we're heading up to Scotland just after Hexmas...don't fancy the cold weather up there at all!

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i'd rather it was that cold right now. i get to work outside, in either the direct sun, moving boxes weighing between 8.6 (6v scooter) and 81.2 (6 burner barbecue), or working in shipping containers sitting in the aforementioned direct sun. I was sunburned within 10 minutes of walking outside in the morning.

Oh, did i mention that the maximum temperature here was 40 degrees c (about 120 or so F) today? and that inside the containers that jumps to about 55? And that we have approximately 140 pallets (5' square) full of stock to juggle around? and that i was doing this for nearly 9 hours straight?

Bring on the negatives, i say ubblol

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie