Page:
Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
I love the attitude and cultured integration every member of this website shares and it's why I think most of us come onto this site so much. It's a great place to meet people with the same passions and learn some new moves, etc.

However, sometimes I think that for those of us that are a bit older than some of the younger members perhaps we are not considering what we post up as being as influencial as it might be.

I know that if I were a 15 year old and older and wiser people were discussing doing trips and mushies I'd see no real problem with doing them (which there isn't necessarily) but maybe we should think about this a bit more when we post on dangerous subjects. I know that in most cases this happens but I do get concerned sometimes that our younger friends may busk, take drugs, etc without being told first the good , the bad and the ugly !

I hope no members take offence from this, I am certainly not questioning the intelligence or responsibility of anyone here, but merely the format of information dispensed.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Ha! Kappa is a clothing brand that the filthy little Trev's wear while out crusing around the burger joints whilst listening to their old tape packs of happy hardcore! The rude boys of blighty basically!

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
i see. so it's what the local width wears when out in his golf gti is it?

i'm afraid that's a world i know very little about.

thankfully

wherever you go, there you are.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
As promised, tell me what you think:

Welcome to the Home of Poi community. We have many members from different backgrounds, who come together because they enjoy poi, staff, juggling, and other activities.

As we are a pretty social group, we also discuss what we do in our lives, our experiences and thoughts outside HoP. Our experiences are quite varied, and include some controversial areas, from drugs & sex, to firebreathing & nutella.

We try to be as open as we can about these things, and we also try to be very balanced. It is not our aim to influence people into trying things that they are not ready for, whether it be substances, poi or staff moves, firebreathing, or exotic sandwich spreads. We always try to address the good, the bad & the ugly about any subject.

As a community, we try and do this for ourselves. But we also have moderators, who are ready to step in if a discussion gets out of hand.

We hope that you will always feel comfortable and welcome here. And if you are ever unsure of anything, you feel that you can ask questions.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Rozi,

Well done for making the effort with this, I think you've done a great job!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Nice one Rozi

Sounds good and I think it describes the HoP community very well

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
good job rozi

props to ya girl you do such a good job in so many things

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Well said Rozi.

quote:
...exotic sandwich spreads...
Ooh look! Nutella!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rozi:

whether it be substances, poi or staff moves, firebreathing, or exotic sandwich spreads.

Everyone is going to think this part is a joke. Oh boy, do we have a surprise in store for them...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Page: