Analemmaenthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
They have already been mentioned [Old link] by Dom but imo they deserve a thread of their own.
They are most beautiful when played with Fireropes or Socks.

Theory: Play Quartertime and Isolate :P

If both go in the same direction (¨Weave Family¨) you get a beautiful cross effect.
((If both go in different directions (¨Butterfly Family¨) the intersection points turn 45 Degree to form an X - For the geeks wink))

A 2beat Isolated Quartertime weave seems to be maximum possible, but there could be more.

For starting with these I would recommend to first become really confident with quartertime and then start isolating. You can try in buzzsaw in the beginning too.

....endless...

andy

To learn - read. To know - write. To master - teach . . .

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
thay are horrible.

horbile hard.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Actually I'm pretty good a switching between same time, quarter time and split time isolations chaotically.
Non-Https Image Link

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
I can do a 1/4 time isolated buzzsaw forwards and yes, it makes a lovely cross pattern when it goes smoothly - but it is pretty difficult and I still need to mutter "da-DUM" under my breath to get the rhythm working ubblol I can't quite work it backwards still which is annoying because I reckon with socks a 1/4 time isolated buzzsaw fountain would look the [censored] biggrin

(Note for USians and other foreign types - "the [censored]" is a good thing wink)

As for 1/4 time isolated weaves - I still can't do a full 1/4 time weave sadly - it's 1/4 for most of it before I break the pattern at one point to get back to where I started. Probably because I'm not sure how many beats the damn thing has - split time has 3, parallel weaves 4, 1/4 time...? confused

UCOF does a 1/4 time BTB waist wrap that looks sweet though. If that was combined with Weasel's isolated BTB waist wrap I'd be very impressed... smile

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Ok, I was thinking aout Q-time just a little, but where is actually the center of rotation? Its the top, the corner the meet point of Poi heads or hand and handles. Because I can imagine Q-time as right angle where one time handles ,second Poi heads are together.Like:

a)
o
|
|____o

or

b)

|
|
oo____

With varinat b] I see isolation possible(never try, early smile I 'll continue on timing... R.

POI THEO(R)IST

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
1/4 time isolations are stupid hard because you have no cues to follow.. I've been working on them lately because my isolation work has gotten sloppy..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown