Forums > Social Chat > Looking for people/ organising gatherings?

Login/Join to Participate

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
thanks Malcolm,

I'd don't think I'd noticed that was there at the top of the page since I first joined the site lol.

it's pretty obvious really, best if I find my pointy hat

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
*looks around sheepishly*

I suppose I'm guilty of that, asking if anyone else is in the county I'm in, so sorry about that.

I guess I might have got a bit carried away with my rekindled focus on spinning, I've recently started to really get into it again, after the best part of half a year of not doing any spinning. It's no excuse, but that's probably what it is, it's certainly what's suddenly driven me to make loads more sets of poi - my current total is 10, only 2 of which I've bought, and I'm planning on making a few more

Anyway, now I know there are a few more people in my area, I'll keep it to PMs (when I get round to them)

[ 02 August 2002, 22:01: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The thing with the Meet Others thing is that it is a bit random, you don't know who you're emailing. Some people might not want to get random emails from people (everyone hates spam) but still want to know who's about and what's on, some might have entered their details a year ago and forgotten about HoP and wonder why they're getting strange emails.

Posting a thread on the discussion board targets active and willing HoP members so you're more likely to get a good response. It isn't an 'invasive' means of contact.

I do agree that sometimes people need to think about what they're posting and in which section, and if emails and PMs are more appropriate.

Just my thoughts.

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
As long as everyone chips in and helps out the newer members this shouldn't be a problem.

Patience is a vitue...

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...