Page: ......
Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:

Accomodation: Tregedna Farm Campsite (the other one for those of you who attended Falmouth 1 or 2)

Duration: Thursday evening - Sunday evening

Attractions: A beautiful beach, (hopefully) glorious weather, a big feckin fire, more beer and smoke than you can shake several large sticks at, and a bunch of lunatics playing with fire.

Throw in a few workshops, the obligatory 8 mile hike, and yer talkin' heaven.

For those who have not attended a Falmouth event before, there are videos of the last two here and here.

This may well be the only Falmouth event this year, as us Cornish types will all be going to the Play Festival in August - and recommend that you do too!

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
I have a question... I am thinking about taking my daughter with me... is anybody with kids there?

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
do they know that its being left to them? or was it their idea, certainly make sence seems as though they are closer than most too.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
BT 1571 is answering calls for the campsite at the moment. I'll give it another go this afternoon and i will ask availability, price for tent and chalet, whether fire spinning and fires are allowed and the like.

I shall then post on here the response i.e. the cost, how the owners would like to go about a group booking, how many can go in one chalet etc.

and i suggest we go from there - it may be easier for the campsite to take a group booking from one person (although if deposits are required i don't think i'll be booking for everyone) or it may be easier for them to take bookings from people indivdually (the deposit thing again).

I'll find out. So, no panicing people. I'll try and get us a response today. So whatever happens, people know how to go about booking somewhere to stay....

Gayle.....!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: babajaga

I have a question... I am thinking about taking my daughter with me... is anybody with kids there?

StoneT is thinking about brining his two children

Gayle.....!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
The real problem was gayle.. .That the camp sites wernt going to be open over the time that we were going....

so thats why ive been so addiment to sort it. Because if they werent open, then were up the creek..

Babajaga - my brother may come, hes 12, he came last time and loved it.. Spud is comming as well hes 12.. and maybe a few others... anyhow most of us act like kids...

passing through, this world still lives.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: GothFrogette

do they know that its being left to them? or was it their idea, certainly make sence seems as though they are closer than most too.

I'm not any closer than anyone else (except Mags) but i do have an internet connection to find out phone numbers and addresses and i do have a phone to ring the numbers that i find. The same as anybody could do. Suppose it's called "Taking initiative" - but then as Dunc's personaility test shows i have a tendancy to organise things!!! smile smile smile

I shall post a response after BT 1571 stops answering the phone at the campsite biggrin

Gayle.....!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Written by: GothFrogette

The orginal falmouths were organised by Mech, and Dunc.... But mags took over, and proposed no.3, due to loads of people wanting to come!

Beth and Bird are very close too...

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
that sounds good my daughter is 8 and pretty easy going I think she'd relly enjoy it so thanks guys I will make plans now and organize things....yay

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hey poiple,

man this is getting nervy wink

Generally id go with crashing on the beach - however its March, the beach is private, the camp sites are closed and the list is HUGE!

A group like this may last one day / night on the beach, but four days we will definately draw much attention to ourselves, what with fire spinning as well........... camping where we are spinning fire is also a poo idea cool

Ive got someones place i can crash at but id rather be part of the "group" i just think with an event this size, with this much interest it would be a shame if it goes tits up, all we need is a little organisation......... im afraid a beach and firewood arnt enough organisation this time round Mags wink

C'mon dude, sorry that everyone is hassling you to sort but its your thread and your the local, use your knowledge smile

**to be fair you have to remember that cornish folk move slower than the rest of us, Mags probably has all under control, its just taking a little time to tell wink **

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
smile u can tell when a stoner gets into threads cant u strugz !! smile

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I have e-mailed the site and enquired if they would be willing to open for us and await a reply with baited breath, although i sure Mags has already organised.

I'll try ringing again - but at least an e-mail has been sent stating our interest to rent out the entire place it seems (judging that there is over 60 people on the list!!!)

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok, so my being layed back seems to have started a riot. I'm sorry. I was just under the impression that Mags was sorting it out. I don't think he has easy access to the net at the moment and thought that was why he hadn't responded. I didn't mean to cause out and out panic.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*runs around waving his hands and shouting*

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!*

Run for your lives!!!!!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
(slaps Jon across the head)

Don't panic, don't panic!

ubblol ubblol

Getting to the other side smile

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
200th post weavesmiley

Written by: Frodo

Babajaga - my brother may come, hes 12, he came last time and loved it.. Spud is comming as well hes 12.. and maybe a few others... anyhow most of us act like kids...

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!! ubbloco

atleast im not gonna be the physically youngest person

no idea about mentally youngest, i think will wins it on that one ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

wink

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
we'll see how many behave like toddlers stumbling over their own feet ubblol tongue

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol... that's the one Jon biggrin

Ahhhh. Old skool comedy genius.

Getting to the other side smile

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek eek
sleeping on the beach in the middle of march is not my idea of fun so fvck that!!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
im guessin that babajaga's 8 year old daughter is gonna be mentally older than most of us at the end of the trip tongue

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I have to agree with Frodo...

40-60 people can't sleep on the beach, and personally I don't think you'd get 20 people if this was the case.

We NEED proper accomodation

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Frodo, as you're so vocal about this, why dont you organise this? its all well and good shouting about how unorganised it is and how we need proper accomodation, why not do something about it? If we get no reply from the first campsite, try others in the area, try others near different beaches, be creative.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Frodo

Written by: PyroWill

who cares, am i the only one that finds the idea of sleeping on the beach fun??

will... i cant belive u can just say this... wtf.

NO I DONT SEE THE IDEA OF SLEEPING ON THE BEACH FUN, THE REASON WHY IS EXPLAINED BELOW>

Do u understand that if say 2 people sleep on the beach for an evening, they put there tent up late, so not to be seen.. and leave early in the morning... because it against the law. I WOULDNT MIND SLEEPING ON THE BEACH IF I WAS WALKING AROUND, TRAVELING OR WITH A MATE, BEACUSE U CAN GET AWAY WITH IT... BUT NOT 40 OF US...

From my recolection... the beaches are quite populated... so fourty or so people setting sleeping on the beach. some for four days... will kind of bring attention to us..

Thus giving the police the right to shift us off, and then were are f@cked! we cant go no were, so less of the chilled out it will be cool attitude dude, theres other people to concider, kids are comming too.. ill try and call the farm today..

Short of that, my friend lives that way, so im going to get her to go and try and speak to them this week...

Calm down Frodo, I think you got the wrong idea about what i said, can i just point out I wasnt suggesting 40 of us camping on a beach, thats nuts! I meant I dont mind sleeping on a beach with maybe a few others if they were up for it, sorry if it sounded like that!

And I'm still laid back about this becuase come on guys its only the middle of January, now I know it does need organising in advance obviously, but this back n forth back n forth whats happening where are we staying etc it is stressing people out, this thread already seems tense! This is how people get stressed about events and it can ruin the atmosphere before it even happens, we all know how ace Falmouth is gonna be, and I know its not gonna get ruined, just look at the posts, people are clearly panicking and getting worked up, lets relax, trust in Mag's and anyone else whos helping organise this, i'll do things if i can but lets pace this, if eveyrone just manically posts its gonna get mega confusing and is already causing mixed signals.

Plus anything i say please ignore smile
EDITED_BY: PyroWill (1106165637)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
lol, the 6 month old one speaks sense ubblol

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Thanks smile

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
*claps at will*

smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
see? age doesn't matter ubbloco

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Havokist

lol, the 6 month old one speaks sense ubblol

had to happen eventually...

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Yeh well its beena while, but now thats happened i need to rest, more sense coming this way in maybe a month or so

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
will's be sense-less for a while

anyhow, the hairy footed one should chill and let things flow

i think i sounded all hippy-like then peace

Page: ......