Forums > Social Chat > first fire performance

Login/Join to Participate

tricksenBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
sorry to spoil the very strange thread??!!
but i did my first fire performance last night at a friends b/day party.it was wicked
everyone loved it,so i was buzzing off them.
i wasn't nervous,i didn't twat my self in the head and set my hair on fire.
its made me feel so much more confident about doing fire in front of people.and i just wanted to share this with you all.
cheers for indulging me.i shall go now!!

***********************************to find your mind you have to lose it first!!

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
doesn't it feel truly amazing? the look on their faces, the things you hear them say. I love it.

so congrats man. lets hope this is only the first of many.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
congratulations tricksen.

first public burn is cool, actually my first burn was public and that was kinda scary

glad you came away unscathed, did you do multiple burns or just the one?

did you take your pratice stuff and get anyone interested?

anyhoo

don't you just love it when a plan comes together

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I remember my first burn...
I randomly found HOP on the internet and decided I wanted to learn this "poi" thang, so when I did my first burn, I'd never seen anyone else do it before...
My hands shook for two hours afterwards and I felt this undescribable excitement well into the next day...

Hearing people's first burn stories bring that feeling back...tis nice to know others out there are feeling it as well. Congrats to you tricksen!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
My first burn I actually lied to my friends and told them it was my second (I had a feeling that they were going to refuse to let me if I said it was my first), so that took away from it. It was kind of scary, too.

However, my first burn in front of a large crowd was an amazing experience. It was at a party we were having at my house in Ann Arbor.

In THAT one, I wound up with this huge idiot-grin on my face all night.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

--AuRIaN---member
69 posts

Posted:
nice 1! I always get embarrassed when spinning in front of people - you don't want them to think you're showing off... & you don;'t want to whack yourself and burn in front of loadsa peeps!!

my first fire experience was with a couple of mates so not a huge crowd. we were on top of a grassy hill overlooking all the lights of the town - the perfect place. Out came the fire chains and i had my first spin. the noise & the heat blew me away! Fire is so much better than glopoi or practice poi, you can completly lose yourself in the whoooosh... when they went out, i looked up and there was a huge crowd of people on the road clapping! people in houses leaning out the windows watching!

i was so caught up in it, i hadn't even noticed - so my first fire experience was also my first public performance!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
At my place last year, people kept on honking at me as they drove by, which would startle and distract me.

Never hurt myself, though.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura