Page:
BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Hi ya,

Once i finish my job and go back to being a lazy student in Brighton in september; i want to get pink wool dreads. I met a girl on the beach at the weekend who did her own and said she would do mine for me which is a result as i would have gone up to London to get them done otherwise and they charge more than she will do them for (she'll do them for £50). I don't know a lot about dreads and i'm a little worried that they will ruin my own hair (as i have really long good condition hair and don't want to fuck it up); and maybe think that wool braids would be better; does anyone know? Also does anyone know of a place in Brighton where i can buy the wool, or a website i can buy them from? I heard there was somewhere in Lewes but thats a bit of a mission for me.

Thanks xxx

The bigger the pants the better!

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Yeah twirlyvic that was what i've been thinking, my hair at the moment is medium brown, and i want to do pink braids (the pink aspect is the most important), would it look silly like with dark hair and pink wool; should i die my hair bleach blonde. Although thing is with dieing it would be that my natural hair colour would grow through. I've seen a photo of a girl with pink braids and black hair and the contrast was amazing it worked really well.

Reason for wool, i've been told, thats its cheaper, easier for the person whos putting it in, and easier to maintain (you can get it wet and its ok).

[ 02 August 2002, 02:15: Message edited by: Azie ]

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
i dont think i understand this wool braid process anyone got a pic so i can see?

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Look at this site, has really good pictures of wool, braids, dreads and plastic. I'm either going for mushrooms, or rainbow brite.

https://www.btinternet.com/~quinnster1/hair/hair.html

Sorry you'll have to copy and paste the page into your browzer.

xx

Fwirl :pmember
76 posts

Posted:
Thanx Azie!!!
Luvin' You All
Fwirl

Neo:Wow, that sounds like a really good deal, but I have a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I am dreaded without me dreads...
They are calling me...Me be thinking bout dreads for a long long time...

The choice has been made its just a matter of when...Fun companions! Dont really have a need for 'products,' I already got a big problem with my current hair 'oh shit my hair went into dreads'... 'not again!...' Which if I had dreads would not be a problem

What is the best way? I have heard of backcombing (although some swear against it), ruber band lopping tying notting things (never heard the name), the lovely 'tear em appart' method and also I have heard of 'hand rolled' apparently with no backcombing...

All and all they dont seem like too much stress for people with curly hair
I must advise those who REALLY REALLY want them to get them... Why not...? There is no life altering draw back to getting dreads
You could always take them out if you dont like them...
Although I know of many who entered the dreaded dimension and swear they will never go back!

Much love to all and keep ur dreads twisted!
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Rather than copying and pasting it would be simpler to click here.

Wouldn't it?

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have any braiding tips?

I know lolli was looking for a place where a friend could get her hair done when she was out here in Sydney, & I have found a couple of places, but they look expensive.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

krazziekarmamember
9 posts

Posted:
hi ummmm i dont know any of you but i have decided i might as well have my say on dreads.......

just cause i can......

i love dreads...its just ashame that the fact is...they are hard to get out....imagine if you could get dreads and then take em out and then put em back in straight away.........imagine.....hmmm yes well anyways....b4 i die...im going to get dreads.....maybe next year...always wanted some. i think the thin neat ones look the best ....but what ever floats your boat!
well all youpeople out there with dreads...you luky *^%$^@&!!!!!!!!!!!
well peace out!

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
well i woolled my braids with purple and blue fluffy wool and its pretty fun looking. Had a nostaligia moment last nite when my boyf found pics of me in boxes (the pics not me) when i had my dreadies... so they are on the photogallery here until i find some fire pics i dont mind showiing people!!

so have a look!
yes i know i have an inane grin

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
I had braids last year that i got done in the west indies, which were wicked, quite low maintenance (al u needs a boyfriend with a pair of scissors to trim em) plus really cheap out there cos mostly everyones hair is braided, plus they just look fab. want to get it done again this year but more colourful, i thought pink and/or white for wicked effects under uv hehe does anyone know any cheap places in london or herts? i had a look up in afflecks palace in manchester but it was bloody expensive like 150 quid!

--AuRIaN---member
69 posts

Posted:
think i'm gonna go for it and get dreads - you've all convinced me!
Would you recommend DIY or should i get it properly done?

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay! Go fire fly! Do it man! You'll love 'em!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey C@ntus! only just now found that link! It's awsome! Thamkyou! those pix are great!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Page: