Forums > Videos > Glowsticking.com Meetup @ Downers Grove, IL (11.27.04)

Login/Join to Participate

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
We had quite a gathering over Thanksgiving break. There are some freehand glowsticking, and some glowstringing featured. about 4-5 people were using LEDsticks made by me, you can see that they emulate real glowsticks pretty well (and most of the time, brighter).

anyways, I don't want to talk too much about it. hope you enjoy! =)

RIGHT click and save as

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Nice stuff, haven't seen any glowsticking vids in a while now, seeing this one makes me want to get into it! what was the soundtrack by the way, and what was the deal with the last move of the vid?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Sound track is Halcyon on and on by Orbital.

You guys are lucky to have such a studio to practice in. Nice vid. I dont really understand the last move either heh.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
oh it wasn't really a studio to practice in. we actually rented that room out at a local YMCA. then split the cost amongst us evenly, since we didn't really have anywhere else to go and it's cold outside. =P

the last clip was just for comedic effects. my friend wayne knew that I was gonna slam the glowstick on the floor as part of the combo and walk over it. so he decided to slide in and steal the glowstick on the floor. biggrin good times.

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
nice good old time with the friends, cool movie to remember that experience.

and the people glowsticking are awesome, some of thos hand grab things i dont understand at all, tutorial vid? or help on how i might be able to learn some of those, at times it looked like they were chucks.

cool stuff

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Thats a really nice vid.

the three guys from 2:03 - 2:35 stood out quite a lot

nice moves, clean timing, and noticably relaxed, controlled and smooth. Thats really cool to see in a glowstick video smile

and the freehand stuff is looking real good...

the bit at 3:52 - 4:09 = eek wow

looks like you guys have a pretty phat scene going on over there.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
Spacecow00x: are you talking about when they grabbed the glowsticks, then tossed them to the other hand, and do different variations of that? if so, there's already a discussion thread started on it on Glowsticking.com. you can get there by click on the link below:

https://www.glowsticking.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2399

simian: the guy glowsticking around the 4:00 mark is Stephen. he's a fairly well-liked glowsticker (and i think you can see why). =) if you would like to find him you can come check out Glowsticking.com. his user name is ChennehCis on there.

everyone else that checked out the video: thanks for taking your time on checking out our video. glad your guys liked it.

do you guys see any similarities in freehand glowsticking to other object manipulations discussed here? maybe juggling?
EDITED_BY: mixinluv2u (1103220330)

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
flaring, liquid dancing and definitely juggling.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
i think an interesting thing is that i heard the saying "more object than your hands" to make it actual juggling. and although there is a style of freehand glowsticking that requires more than 2 glowsticks, the ones displayed in the video are only with 2.

does juggling have patterns or tricks that only uses 2 objects?

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
Good times hmmm? I must be missing out.

=P

Good job wes

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Respectaaaaaa :] really good wid :]

No group, no battles

We are just a friends who want to hang out

and do what we like to do :]

POI THEO(R)IST

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
One handed juggling has tricks that involve only 2 objects.

Great vid btw!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.