Borathmember
64 posts

Posted:
My old camera went absolutely insane a few months ago just before I went to Utah in August. It picked and chose when it wanted to take photos, refused to zoom, deleted at random and sometimes simply didn't turn on. Turns out that the control card was wrecked (how, I do not know. I treated that thing like glass.) and would have cost £100 to repair, so it ended up being cheaper just getting a new camera.

I have had my new camera for a week. I have taken 48 pictures with it, 90% of them blurred. The zoom stopped working three days ago and it hasn't let me take a picture in two. I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow to get it sorted.

Why do cameras hate me so? My computer behaves in a very similar way, although not quite as extreme. None of my CD players work anymore and my personal CD player doesn't ever work as it should for more than 5 minutes. Technology is allergic to me.

Meh. Rant off chest. Much better.

I can't be evil; I'm wearing pink.

*robyn*BRONZE Member
111 posts

Posted:
people can sometimes have funny energy that interacts badly with technological things.

how silly does this sound? i know. but it's true.

a friend of mine had a similar thing happen. only, his job was to fix computers. how shockingly horrid when suddenly he was making them worse just by being in the room.

i can't remember the exact details about how he over came it. but there was something involving a metal braclet. maybe copper.

you could always try a healing kinestiologist, they can put your energies right!

my state of mind creates my world

Borathmember
64 posts

Posted:
Sounds possile. I've heard of people giving off energy that drew metal objects to them. This problem has only developed in the last 5 months. Hopefully it's just a coincidence, or this energy thingy will wear off. Don't seem to have affected anyone else's stuff (mind, I spend less time with it) and my phone always works fine.

It's cameras. Cameras hate me.

I can't be evil; I'm wearing pink.

*robyn*BRONZE Member
111 posts

Posted:
hmmmm

don't know about camera specific problems

my state of mind creates my world

Filthy-Ralphmember
66 posts

Posted:
just bad luck?

ive been lucky with my stuff but my video camera still sometimes decides its gonna dfo stuff i dont want it too.

If hope can grow from dirt like me.....It can be done.

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Wen i used to work in an office i had to get my comp rebuilt every 3-4 weeks cause i seemed to destroy everything in sight that was the slightest bit technoligical...Your not the only one boss smile

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
what kind of camera is it?

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
nah i heard about the energy thing

my friend use to go near teles and they would turn off till she walked away! was kinda freaky!

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
My housemate (who used to work lots with cameras and stuff) says that if you get on ebay, you can get really cheap manual (not digital) cameras for next to nothing as everyone is going over to digital.

smile

So go find yourself a bargain!

IcyFireBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
The energy thing is kind of interesting. So people who say technology hates them arent entirely incorrect. hehe, well, unless they are jst being silly and cant use the stuff properly. and yeah the ebay idea is a good one. and some big electronic stores might have some speical offers on if u wait till the sales after xmas...

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
It's cause they spend time with you, and you spend time with me, and so you know about my camera, and they throw a hissy fit about it wink

Or am I just bragging about having a cool camera? Oh who knows...

As for the energy thing, I knew a guy who could apparently blow up speakers. That's an impressive claim. Never did see it myself though so can't say it's more than a rumour.

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend