DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Just got Eminems new album. Dunno if he's gettin old, or whether i like it...

Just wonerin' what ya'll out there think of the peroxide king?
(no fighting now )

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i still need to get his new album... so no comments unitl then

rock on DFQ!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Deviant HPCmember
21 posts

Posted:
Have to say that I really dont like his music..
Ok he has done quite well for himself and his music was quite cool when it first came out,
But I just think that Ive heard his voice
one to many times and it seriously gets on
my nerves....

No offence but I`d have to say that he sucks ass..

Big Love
D

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
ss'all good Deviant, like I say, I'z only looking for opinions

Personally, I think he kicks ass. (not literally, I'm sure he's a pussy in real life).
I fukin love his stuff. He's been a great source of entertainment for me.
He's up there with Manson on my 'I'm here to dent society' chart.
woOpwoOP!
Just another way to push dat envelope yo.

Az abouve, So below...

Deviant HPCmember
21 posts

Posted:
Hey if it makes you happy keep it up!
After all music is there to smiles on our faces!!
Does any metal come into your tastes?

umm.. Do u know a certian MooHooaa?
Im sure he mensioned ur name not so long ago..
I think thats how u pronounce his name...

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
I do indeed know Mr Moohaahaa.
He is the Dreaded Fiend from the land of Mwah.

Would you not consider Manson as Metal? Are you a 'hardcore-been-a-Metler-since-Iron-Maiden-times' type o' Metler? In this case you'll probably classify him as Glam Rock..

Or something hairy like dat.

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

Deviant HPCmember
21 posts

Posted:
Indeed many types of meatl are liked and loved..
Manson is liked and dont really have any specific clasification for him..
Personallyu I didnt enjoy the whole IRON MAIDEN thing..
Rather to the likes of Nirvana in those days..
Now mostly based on the bases of AHC, mad capsules and
PSYTRANCE!!

Mr Mo is a good friend of mine...

WHY WONT THE RAIN GO AWAY!! I HATE THE COLD WEATHER!!
hehe.. "Its lovly outside isnt it"

Have a Wicked Weekend!

Big Love
D

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
First of all, Iron Maiden dates back to the very early 80's, when Kurt Cobain was still dreaming about facial hair...personally, I thik they were amongst the most progressive bands of their time.

Manson, I cannot in good conscience classify as a 'glam' rocker,(I hate to classify bands anyway) however, he did share a vital trait: Showmanship. When the grunge movement took off, we saw a major change in how bands presented themselves, especially live. There were fewer lights, smoke, pyrotechnics, they dressed in flannel and seemed very bored to be rock stars. Manson's show reminded me of the value of Shock Rock. (Oh those heady days of Alice Cooper and KISS)

Techno and trance are OK, in small doses, but too much makes me irritable. It's the same reason I don't care for Death Metal, it's too monotonous.

As for Eminem...hmmm. I've listened to his old albums, and some of his new one...I find him petulent, militant, egotistical and licentious, his lyrics are marginally clever and overly provacative... however, I would fight to the death for his right to sing them...

That's my two bits

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Mr Eminem eh? See, I really quite liked his first album, with the song about Mushrooms ,but he has such an inflated sense of self-importance it is worrying. Anyone who manages to name his first 3 albums after himself is just silly. And I think the first single of each one went something like "me, me, me, me....me!" Maybe the new album shows his genius, but I didn't get past the single.
Metal though, now thats great. I liked Metal back in the day, Iron Maiden and the like, and I love it now. The only stuff I dont like is pop-metal, like Linkin Park and loads of others. There is loads of good old style stuff coming out. Superjoint Ritual kick ass, as do Down (yup, Phil Anselmo is the man!!) I quite recently discovered Kyuss as well, 50 million year trip, what a song, with the "IIIIIIIIIIIIII AAAAAAAAMMM DREAMING!" The geniusest of them all is TooL, I think the DFQ knows that tho, and the Deviant is slowly learning.... But theres so much music, and its all good. I could yak about music forever and ever 'cos its the best thing

[ 27 July 2002, 06:30: Message edited by: Moohaahaa ]

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
all i can say is that shady has much Anger.

But i love his style..its so broken but free flowing at the same time. He i could care less why he rapping about, he just organizes the words badass.

have you ever heard any of his freestyle flows..There are insane. the shit he thinks of is amazing. I like to freestyle with my friends at parties and , and ive never heard anyone come up with the off the wall shit that he does, plus it rymes perfectly

Of course i like his new CD.its got a Superman song on it...hee hee

Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I dont know about Eminem anymore... I used to like it with his half ass clever lyrcs and all but I see the new stuff and its like he will never change... He bitched about the money and now it seems he is doing it for just money which is indeed very stupid...
Dunno about rock/metal... Never a great big fan...
I LOVE Regae, ska, dub, ambient, punk (the older shit), as well as a wide varitey of electronic music...

Love the chill out shit! Or somethign to put me in an eternal trance...Psy trance
Much love to you all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!