Forums > Social Chat > My rant on people getting...............

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
Stupidly drunk and violent!

Well i've just not had the most fun night out of my life, I went out with friends etc for an early christmas party/work thingy and all was good until this foreign bloke (will not be racist or prejudice as everyone has a right to the planet!) thought it would be a great idea to start on our group (well the blokes in it) as we all started argueing we got asked to leave understandbly well and any how the story goes on to this bloke ranting and us all ranting back, he then throws the first punch and then it all kicks off tables and fists are everywhere.

The next thing he pulls a bottle and smashes it into my brothers face (he was with us for the laugh!) and cuts (luckly) his forehead (deep cut though) and proceeds to turn round and smack my brothers friend which has now landed him in icu (intensive care) with major swelling to the brain and and massive blood clot he has a very slim chance of survival who as i type has now been rushed to oxford to have all his head cut open to see if they can save him!

This is censored how his girlfriend was still standing i dunno he's a close friend of the family and never deserved any of the violence he did not actually do anything, to see people that can't handle thei drink act in such a profoundly stupid way is unbelievable and this was a grown man who should of known better, and now i remeber why i went through 5 years of being tee total!

Nobody needs to act this way surely (well at least not for good reason!) what are everyone elses views? anyway i'll get off this -> soapbox and be on the ground like everyone else rant over i swear!

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
As said earlier i really hope he pulls through ok too!

Nah we know not everyone turns to violence just bitchy women and macho men lol!

I agree with your statement though Maj! i don't think we do see change till it's too late

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
cheerz

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
welcome!

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
i only just caught on.. that is a horrible story.. i really hope your bro and his friend will be ok in the end pinkboot.
in my opinion alchohol is more dangerous in the short term (mainly for others) than most other drugs, simply for that reason.. that ppl are more likely to become violent, reckless and not give a rat's

about alcihol being abolished, i dont think that will ever happen.. its been drunk by people for thousands of years..
then again, (sorry mods, i know you deleted one of my threads cuz of this topic) greenie has been smoked for thousands of years too, and it got abolished in the 30s

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
yup! very true!

My bro is fine just cuts and bruises

It's just neil who we are praying for at the mo!

Will update later though when we know more

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
my thoughts are with him meditate

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
Thanks!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
yes, of course the funny thought is that right now we from the year 2004 might want to abolish alcohol but then some things do change the other way, people might just drink more! except then they would probably forget to survive and all die and the species would become alcohol free! biggrin we win either way! or maybe(most likely) people will continue to drink and drink and society will carry the burnden for ever and ever and ever, hoorah for the great outlook.

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
alcohol in moderation has many benefits to heart heath, and in moderation aids in relaxation. in fact, i have heard that the operators of soviet subs were at one time required to drink red wine to help prevent radiation poisoning. i also understand many americans engaged in this practice during the cold war..
what i find inexceptable is drunkenness. frankly, the use of any substance to entirely lose your faculties seems abhorrent to me. its the same as huffing paint, or drinking too much cough medication, or taking cocaine (i place this in the same catagory because the chewing of coca leaves traditionally reduced stress and relieved headaches, without any adictive qualities or long term effects, the problems come when it is purified and concentrated) moderation is the key, not criminalization

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
moderation can be the key, but the fact still remains that some people(who profit from it) want you to drink as much as possible.

I read an article in a magazine about a native aussie and he was saying that government hadouts to the aboriginies should be stopped because in his local town all the aboriginals do is drink their government funds and dont even work because they get given money. i just thought it was interesting about the goverentment indirectly encouraging drinking.

dont mean to offend anyone by that statement but like i said it came from a person within the community so i suppose he would know what he's on about, his brother died because of alcohol.
EDITED_BY: Mr Majestik (1103084066)

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
I agree with both your recent posts, as i keep saying i don't disagree total with drinking only with people who drink it and can't control it!

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
Just to inform everyone of the lastest sad news

Well sadly Neil passed on this evening..... he'd finally suffered too much damage to the brain and was classed as clinically braindead so the decision was made at around 6pm to turn off the life support machines

He will be very sadly missed by all friends and family but is better off away from and pain and suffering he was having to deal with

R.I.P. Neil merrick born 28/09/1980 died 14/12/2004 hope you are somewhere better than you was! ubbangel

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
sorry to hear that pinkboot, at least in a coma he wouldn't have suffered. condolences to his family

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
So young...how very sad.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends in this horrible time...hug

So are the police going to charge the person who attacked him with murder or manslaughter?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Pinkboot,
Am really sorry to hear about that, please pass on our sympathies to his family.

And I'm sorry for your loss too, it seems you were close to him.

Take care
Clare xx

Getting to the other side smile

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I am sickened.
Really I am. I drink when I can and I never drink to excess, and dont believe in alcohol getting banned (Would you ban cars since they kill people) Its the usual people kill people and the lack of responsibility that people have over their own behaiviour.

I sincerely hope that this person will be prosecuted for murder to the fullest extent of the law, the police know him, you say? He should be picked up and put away. Now. I will be writing to my MP about this, as its about the best thing I can do to help (the question can be raised in Parliament, at least)

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Please let them know some of us complete strangers are still good people.

My thoughts and prayers to you and his family
Pete xxx

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
"the most sickening thing is not the crime committed by the evil but the punishment inflicted by the good"

i must say i hope the person who did this suffers but also that it may change him for the better, there would be nothing worse than to have a person do this and still act the same afterwards.

RIP Neil

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone we were pretty close

The police at the min say it will be no more than manslaughter

This sucks

He was apparently in no pain at the end thankful for some small mercies

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
My thoughts are with the frioends and Family of Neil.

Did they get him in jail? I mean do the police have picked this guy up?
As he is a familiar.
Let's hope that this time, justice can prove that justice works.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
Nope they claim they have no cctv of the tosser

even though the police that were there know what he looked like as they has seen him fighting around town all night! there is no logic

They are not holding much hope on the justice side i'm afraid to say!

the police suck!

lunerniamember
110 posts

Posted:
ive spoken to you already this morning. i really hope you and your brother also his family are ok.. as ok as you can be. you know where iam if you want to talk.

*hugs you tight*

L xx

R.I.P Neil. X

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
That really is dreadfull, I hope your ok and my regards go to his family.

Who ever done this to your friend deserves no less then to be hung, sori but thats what i believe anyway. The poliece system really is disgracefull. You have to wonder whop trhey are trying to protect!?

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I really think this country should bring back the death penalty. Some of you may think this is too extreme, and I'm not saying use it for everyone who does anything wrong; but something like this, that pillock doesn't deserve to live.

All these people that go to prison for years on end, its just a drain on tax payers money, and its not even as tho prisons are proper prisons anymore anyway, they get privelages like TV and stuff which just takes the piss.

Neil didn't deserve any of this, therefore the nob that did this deserves everything thats coming to him and more.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Bretchenthusiast
247 posts

Posted:
This sort of stuff really sucks arse. Sorry to hear such sad happens....

I love to get absolutely ratted, so I can't walk and hopefully more... or is that less. I also enjoy a social beer, just a couple like. I do have a group of friends that if I go out, I can normally expect some kind of trouble, it doens't come to much, but it's an incident that 1. doens't need to happen and 2. is caused normally by blokes who because of less inhibitions can't back down.

Stupid censored spank mad

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now.....

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Truly a shocking story. My deepest condolences to all affected by this.

I was at a bar last week where a drunk SOB decided to assault a girl for no reason whatsoever. In their state they loose all common sense and act on whimsical impulse. The only thing you can do is forcibly attempt to calm them or leave the premises.

Some people simply turn into Frankensteins monster when they drink too much. I know a few of them, my dad for one. The Death penalty may be too much in cases like these. Just like the Jeckyll and Hyde story, even the most upstanding ethical citizen may have this tragic flaw.

I think all multiple offenders that are under the influence should be branded so no establishment will serve them alcohol ever again. Put a big friggin tattoo on their forehead that says "I am a maniacal drunk!".

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
so many s..t things in the world *sigh*

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
Nah i got exceedingly ratted myself even though i was upset by Tuesdays events all is cool i got a chance to say my goodbyes in a way that he would of wished for!

Don't get me wrong I'm still really sad at all the S**T but i find that life can't just stop otherwise when some one does die we'd be stuck in the same place forever! Life is really for living not sitting hiding and mourning.

I won't ever forget him or the effect he had on his friends and families lifes but as they say life has to go on..............

Cheers everyone hugs and thanks goes ot to you all you have been A SUPER SUPORT XXXXXXXXX

Luner i've no credit at the mo but if your posibly free tomorrow i'll come see you then!

p.s. good news i got my new job start in 4 weeks!

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
Woo Hoo A man has been arrested and charged or neil's death

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Keep us updated!

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
will do!

Page: