Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > u know u have fishtails down when

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
you can do them continuously when you are really drunk with your eyes closed biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
i know this sounds ignorant, but what in the world are fishtails?????

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Beautiful way of spinning the staff in a figure of eight movement on the BACK of your hand.

It looks like a fishes tail.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
its 2am

this is my very first drunk post.

i love fishtails.

havent a hope now though.

:tipsysmiley:

Love is the law.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
sounds like a good idea beerchug

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

u know u have fishtails down when

you make a boastful thread on hop to show everybody you can do them? biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
you have never been seen to do them forwards?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
thats a very good point bluecat.. i have never seen them been done forwards...

yea, ok, i know what they are, just didnt know the name for them... i can do it once, but trying to go back is impossible for me..

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Bluecat

Written by: Stickman

thats a very good point bluecat.. i have never seen them been done forwards...

umm

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluecat

u need to watch more wink currently trying to get dual fishtails with one going forward and one backwards with them parrallel but damn its a bitch of a move

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ah [censored].

you need to spin in front of me more.

i'll race you to learn full turning dual fishtails(will video bad attempt this week with meghan and then we'll start the clock)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
your on

so is this one forwards and one backwards turning
or both backwards to both forwards

turning staying inplane (ie one going high one low) (i think this ones prettier and harder to)
or pushing planes round

how many beats/revolutions to win? i think the winner should get a coke

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I'll personally give the winner a video of my jaw on the ground.

Ready Steady....

Love is the law.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
dual fishtails gets my vote. i'll agree that you got em dialled when i see you do continous dual fishtails turning benny boy... wink

edit: in fact if you could do it drunk with yer eyes closed i may even consider having your babies as well...
EDITED_BY: duballstar (1102871959)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
to bluecat:

Oh so you do want to make videos now? EH!? Whats all the mayby somebody will be in so you can use the video camera about then? Sort it out. wink

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

currently trying to get dual fishtails with one going forward and one backwards with them parrallel but damn its a bitch of a move

umm

i've seen you do that already at spitz

360 turn with parallel fishtails

You kept messing it up at the end due to your stubborn insistence that you were going to exit into fishtails rather than just rolling into the palms at the end.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
you didn't specify a time meghan. if you had, then i could have said; yes; thats cool.
don't foist your slackness on to me, biyatch.

simon the whole point is to get three or four turns. i can do three full turns with 4footers, but its the five footers i'm trying to bet on.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*takes gloves off*
*slaps rob with gloves*

biggrin

i accept your challenge ill see you at sun up or when the video comes out smile ..... pistols ok with u ? ubbloco

i think 4 complete controlled revolutions constitues a win with any of the above mentioned combinations

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
right you big furball, when then? Cos I'll need to borrow the camera and a computer to edit footage on. (And that will take a good bit of a day) wednesday, thursday, friday?

I can foist slackness to whereever I please, cos I have so much of it... smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
tomorrow.

i've got gigs thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, and sunday, and am leaving monday.....

call me.

R

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
oooo oooooo

staffs at 50 paces, this i cant wait to see!!

If either of you die during battle can i have your sticks ubblol

Almost got duals alternate, can do one revolution paralell - as for turns ubblol

not yet rolleyes

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

3,149 posts

Posted:
Rotation Deathmatch! eek

But your rules aren't complicated enough. i think you should have a preliminary qualifying lap, a Bonus Round, cheerleaders and an opportunity to play your Joker.

Written by: Strugz

turns ubblol

dude, i reckon 360 fishtail turns are much easier than fishtails.

cos you only do half a forward fishtail and half a backward fishtail, then start again. Which means you don't have the change direction bit which makes fishtails a bitch.

Just like with poi it's easier to do 360 BTB weave turns than it is to do continuous Forward BTB. Prettier too biggrin

or maybe i'm just wierd. That possibility has been previously mooted. Does that make it moot? i don't even know anymore.

confused2

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
did someone at one point on this forum mention elbow fishies? i'd like s'more info plz...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Written by: simian

cos you only do half a forward fishtail and half a backward fishtail, then start again. Which means you don't have the change direction bit which makes fishtails a bitch.

Yep, I agree. As a newbie to the fishy world. I can do forward on either hand these days but only half a backwards one on either hand (in either direction. i just cant put them togedther yet). I can do 360 turns though.

But only with one stick so far.

Can we get the loser to do a forfiet. Like make another video of the same thing but with no pants on? cool

Love is the law.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yes, we knoe hey are easier... but we can both do continuous standing double fishtails, and not the other one. d'you see?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i wish, but im limited in my knowledge of even singles.

its easily one of my fave moves so far though so cant wait to learn more. doubles especially.

cant wait to see the vid smile
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1103105267)

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

Written by: Strugz

turns ubblol

Hey man, ive been playing with single stick turning fishtails the last couple of days now and have now seen there full potential - it never really clicked before but i think youve helped me open a door to many new things ***passes simian herbal gift*** smile

I was playing with paralel spinning turns last night, much like full arm extended poi weaving (move that pk does real smooth) but with turns and staffs on back of wrists - in theory could work a treat...............it my world it works once a day..............just rolleyes

But thanks for this fishy insperation biggrin

***wonders off thinking "why did i not realise sooner"***

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

3,149 posts

Posted:
just out of interest...
Will you be taking the turning fishtails high and low, like longarm carries?
or keeping the centres of rotation at a steady height all the way round?
It makes them feel and act quite different.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
a prequel warmupy type thing for "the" duel its a little bit sloppyish but its getting more solid

go to www.yahoo.com

login id: thedualduel

password: fishygoodness

im sure ull like my choice of music rob wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

just out of interest...
Will you be taking the turning fishtails high and low, like longarm carries?
or keeping the centres of rotation at a steady height all the way round?
It makes them feel and act quite different.

Yep, long arm carries, but turning on the spot, one high one low, one high one low etc............finding very hard and getting very dizzy with it..........i see what you mean about the steady height fishtails, turning like that would be harder for sure......

Ben: Where are the turns? wink

biggrin

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
oooooh i new i forgot something ..... hang on ill just go get em for you

try clicking here

what do ya think?

Page: