Forums > Other Toys > video's (fire devil stikcks) ???

Login/Join to Participate

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Hello!

Is there anybody who can tell me, where I can find some fire devilstick video's?

peace!!

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
sorry for taking so long to reply, it can be a bit disheartening if your first ever topic gets no replies (i should know) *breaks down in tears* sorry anyway the reason nobody has replied is because there are basically no videos of fire devil stick. this is because its not quite as impressive as other fire forms so most people don't bother (me included, although i was well into it. i should start again) there is a video of me using a Fire devil stick not on fire if thats enough. go into "oli and co productions" on the "videos" section and its the "stix n' sox" link its quite big though and half of its poi.

Do you already have a fire devil stick?

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
heres a link to a video where my fire stick inst actuall lit but still all the tricks can be done on fire [Old link] click on stix n sox the video is quite big and half of it is poi but hopfully ill get a smaller devil stick video on the site soon. No fire again tho.

Do you allready have a fire stick?

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
Ooh - I have some footage at home. Let me take a look ... I can put it up for you, although I'll have to get permission from the performer first, OK?

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Written by: Devilstick_Russell

sorry for taking so long to reply, it can be a bit disheartening if your first ever topic gets no replies (i should know) *breaks down in tears* sorry anyway the reason nobody has replied is because there are basically no videos of fire devil stick. this is because its not quite as impressive as other fire forms so most people don't bother (me included, although i was well into it. i should start again) there is a video of me using a Fire devil stick not on fire if thats enough. go into "oli and co productions" on the "videos" section and its the "stix n' sox" link its quite big though and half of its poi.

Do you already have a fire devil stick?

Well, actually I thought that everyone was ignore me cause I'm a newbie. So I' was crying and mad depressed till today...till you wrote me a reply! It's pretty [censored] that there ain't video's available! I'd like to see how it look like with fire, cause I' can't imagine it! I already have fire devil sticks, and I practice everyday with some other dudes from my place (not with fire)! Do you already have done it with fire? I'd heard that if you do it with fire, the parafin wil drip on the main stick. And then it will be too slippy to play with it. Have you experience with that? I'm a little bit scared for doing it with fire, sometimes the stick is juggling 2 inch away from my body with "the helicopter"...Anyway, thanx for that video, I can learn loads of it!

Peace!

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Written by: rbmnyc

Ooh - I have some footage at home. Let me take a look ... I can put it up for you, although I'll have to get permission from the performer first, OK?

That's OK!

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
its true with fire devil stick there are a lot of problems to overcome invoving slippyess of the stick but thats normally because you drop it on wet grass or sand and they get slippy that way. I've never had the paffin run off the wicks onto the stick (if your worried just remember to shake the excess parrafin off before you light it). Don't worry bout the fire being close as stupid as it sounds its not all that hot. Parrfin burns at a low temperature so you'll be fine if your careful not to touch it for too long. Heli copter is perfectly safe, if you think about it you can allways jump back wards (when wearing no shoes on the beachfor example) or throw the stick forwards (provided nobody is in front of you). With poi you are kind of attached with devil stick you are seperated from the devil stick by your handsticks. Woah i've talked for ages.
What type of Fire stick do you have?

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
this is just some advice from experience i find this type of fire stick quite dangerous to use. No specifically this make, i just wanted a picture of one which was just two wicks and a metal bar. the reason they are dangerous is the wicks warm up the metal so it gets really hot meaning you cannot do any tricks where it touches your skin (even accidental ones) also when you finish juggling when the fire is gone it stays hot so if you try and pick it up to carry it home it hurts, also theres the danger of someone else trying to pick it up not knowing it is hot. I use one of these they are great because the middle never gets hot so it is perfectly safe it has aluminium tape all along the middle and is tapered like a normal stick. its alot heavier though. Damn talked for ages again.

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
I' got (except the color), exact the same sticks like you! Phew, I've bought the right sticks! This Christmas I'll do it with fire! You're right about the fact that it's a lot heavier. Friends of my can't handle my sticks as their own (normal) sticks. Thanks for posting your experience, I'm less scared now!

Peace!

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Sharing is good and fun. Don't be worried about helicopter either the scary one is Buzz saw thats fun on fire. It gets really close to your face,that took a while to build up confidence. And nobody is harsh to newbies.

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
I am currently out of state but will be posting some fire devil stick footage of our friend Ross when I return. Look for it after Jan. 15th, 2005 at https://www.tamingfire.com/videos.html
I will try to post a followup when it is up.

What else can I say? TamingFire.Com

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Thanx!

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Actually I' ve done it with fire for the first time yesterday! It wasn't that scary as I'd thought, and I've pictures of it! But I'd like to see the better firedevilstickers on video!

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
those videos are cool, how did you do on your first time, i would like to see pics smile

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
we have a mini vid of some crazy devils on www.fieldsoffie.uni.cc

we now have the absolutely stupid double headed devilsticks as well, as you can tell we like to play with the toys but like playing with the design of them as well, how much fire can you get on with out burning yourself...

a little note for the vid, lots and lots of sefety gear needed, goggles, hats gloves etc.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spacecow00x

those videos are cool, how did you do on your first time, i would like to see pics smile

Pics are coming soon! ( Cause somebody else made the pics)

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
ive another non fire video hopefully soon to be on HOP. by soon i mean ages because im a fat lazy slacker and its exam time again horray (i really should be revising damn this site) its got loads of new stuff that you probably havent seen before (wrist traps, millions of em) because i never leave my hole anymore. I'll post here as soon as its up.

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
I just made my first ever fire devil stick. Which is alil bit pointless as I’m not very good at all at devil sticks (but good enough not to hurt myself for you safety freaks out there smile , touch desk (which is wood)).

Its not all that great as the weighting is not perfect but it has a number of good features like the wick has a generous amount of kitchen cloth in there which should up its absorbency and the most positive part the whole thing was it didn’t cost me a thing biggrin, as it was made with metal and dowel i found in the shed and the wicks are the left over of cuts of a staff i made a while back. Of which the i didnt not payfor as it was a birthday present biggrin.

I will be trying it out 2nite and will try to get some pictures althought im sure they will be very poor smile.

I just cant stop smiling smile.

P.S. just put some pics of the devil stick pre and during burnage. Nothing 2 adventures mind but not o bad for a first try in my opinion.
EDITED_BY: Ifrit (1105088714)

fire leads to creation

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Hey Ifrit, would you post a picture of your own made fire devil sticks?

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
he tells me that there are pictures in his gallery i'll track them down and post a link

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Here is the photo but have a look through ifrits whole gallery its got pictures of it on fire.

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Hey Ifrit, ain't your (own made) sticks too slippy when you're doin it with fire? I' mean, it are metal sticks and that isn't grippy at all. Plus de Parrafin will drip quickly on your stick because he's straight, I guess. If its not, I''ll never buy my sticks anymore!

PS: Nice pics!

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
The dripping of fuel isn’t a real problem as I read up on using straight fire sticks before I lit up and someone suggested the obvious flick off of excess fuel (like with all fire equipment) as well as holding a cloth under neither the first wick when dipping the second.

The sot did make the sticks allot slipperier but as I understand this is unavoidable with metal sticks and I did seem to get used to it in 1 burn so it can’t have been that excessive.

Cheers, just make sure all the rest of you fire devil stickers post some of your pics so mien don’t get lonely all alone on HoP gallery smile

fire leads to creation

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
https://nadine.no-ip.com/index.php?Path=/Poi%20Fire/4%20Hop%20meet%2007-01-2005&Start=12

The thirth pic above, I believe that's me. Cause I' was the only devilsticker that night.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
yep, it's you

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
nice, what trick were you doing? as ive been made aware that lots of devilstick variations are easly lost in photos.

fire leads to creation

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
haha my continual moaning and complaining has finally made an impact hey Ifrit, Did you say your sticks got hot in the middle or not i can remember being surprized but i can't remember why?

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
i said they didnt because of the lack of metal coating over the dowel. So no burnt hands for me biggrin.

fire leads to creation

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ifrit

nice, what trick were you doing? as ive been made aware that lots of devilstick variations are easly lost in photos.

Eeh, that was the propeller I' guess.

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Just realised how close i am to gettin one hundered posts considering i don't even have the internet thats an achievement, or do i have the interenet my parents don't tell me anything, maybe i should listen the next time they try.