Forums > Videos > Mistress Aurora's Uncut Hafla Burn

Login/Join to Participate

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Following in the tradition of showing off our individual performances at this burn, we've posted Ms. Aurora's footage that Dan caught on his camera. Music is all original from the party's drum circle.

www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/files/MAHafla.wmv

Enjoy!

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
cool xx

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
some nice body movement in there, only constructive criticism would be body posture she leans forward quite a bit while spinning and also looks down alot

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
yeah she does lean a bit. But I liked the weave transitions and the turning wave thing. Has Dan been giving her 'body movement' lessons? i'm sure i saw his influence a bit there, particularly on the overhead butterfly.. or was it just the influence of all the bellydancers there? wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*shudders* thanks for bringing back the mental image of dan doing belly dancing *wanders off to find cute kitten antidote video*

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
bringing it back?! you mean you've had thoughts like that before *gasp*eek
wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
She's learning with the belly dancers, actually. We're trying to get her to be sort of our bridge between the belly dance elements of the group and the fire dance elements. Be on the lookout for more like this though, she's learning to belly dance and we're gonna be teaching the ladies how to spin, should make for quite the show smile

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
you didnt see dan belly dancing the lazy?

i think it will stay with me forever... he's better than alot of girls i've seen biggrin

Love is the law.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys!

I know I need to work on the leaning forward thing...Don't know why I do that.

The reason I kept looking down, was because we were standing on berber(sp) carpet and had some spots on the ground that were uneven, so had to look out for those. I wonder if I do that alot like the leaning thing. confused

As for the Dan moves...No I already knew how to dance wink ubblol

I need to do some more different combo moves, than what I already do. I'm just alil skeered to do any of the complicated moves I know, because I havn't had time to practice them to be more comfortable with them. So that makes me alil tiimid to try some of the complicated combo stuff while burning.

I did two burns, but this one was the first. I did better on my second. No footage though because the cameras were put away. frown

Can't wait til spring when it is warmer and make some more footage.

Thanks for the constructive criticism smile

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the video.

I've been doing the same mixture of belly dancing and fire spinning. Working on balancing the staff on my head for a whole belly dance perfomance with a bit of spinning at the end. In the kind of sword balancing tradition...

Try the fire fans, looks great and gives you more movement.

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
Woof!!!

VERY nice stuff! Actually, I LIKE the perfromance aspects of it! Can I call it sexy without being harrassing? I thought the performance aspect was VERY well done. And really never having SPUN flaming poi, I'm not really in any position to judge that myself. I'm a touch too flammable. smile

-Socks the VERY IMPRESSED fuzzball (possibly inspired too...)

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz