IzteSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
Hi. Has anybody here made fans by himself?
smile

Intergalactic Parade

IzteSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
I mean if somebody wants I can give some technical advice about the construction! smile smile

Intergalactic Parade

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
Yup, been there and done that one, got a mate who does the welding, so have tried various materials, steel rod, very easy to weld, duralimin tube, very nice material to work with, less easy to weld, not that I'm great with fire fan displays, more a poi'st / staff'ist, etc, but have manufactured several several sets for own use and supply sets to other peeps, five and six head, have made eight head before, I'm looking at using a wider diameter tubed design to facilitate chambering, for much longer burning times.

Have you tried fire fingers, I'm putting together a working design for that shortly,

mark
EDITED_BY: marco (1102274504)

IzteSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
Yes I made fire fingers also. They are very easy to make. I use wire. And what about the fans - the best way to make them in my opinion is not even welding but using old broken umbrellas and copper wire!! Really! If you look at an umbrella you'll see that it reminds construction of a fan! Like this they come out very light. smile There is 1 picture of my fans in my gallery by the way... wink
Non-Https Image Link

Intergalactic Parade