This_EnergyBRONZE Member
173 posts

Posted:
today, i was given another reason to hate cops.
i was spinning poi with some friends in the town park and two cops walked up to us and asked us to stop poiing and put them away. we asked why and they said that they considered them threats and dangers to the other people in the park and they said they'd give us a 200 dollar fine if ne one caught us spinning in public again. im angry now. grr...............

I start it, I end it,
I kill and words will defend it.
Got big plans,
blood stained hands
Wanna put my name on the map.
On my way to save the world.
-Missionary, Operation Ivy

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
eek

I'd say they're just on a power trip. See if you can find our your rights so that next time you can say "sorry, but..."

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
yeah, cops suck... not much you can do about that...
this one time a friend of mine and i were at a red light and a cop was next to us in the left turn lane... all lights facing us were red. Suddenly, the police ossifer turns his lights and siren on, and runs the red light with much haste. Our light turned green, we went, looked left, and the bastards lights and siren were off.... he did it just to run the light...

i think i have... stickittodaman...neosis... cause i hate those kinda cops.

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ok smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I am positive that all cops do not suck.

With that said I can say that I've never actually MET one that doesn't.

I won't bore anyone with details but we get harassed for spinning fire. We even got harassed for spinning socks once. And then there are days when they let us spin all we want. Totally arbitrary.

I even got pulled over by a small town cop in Connecticut for driving "overly cautiously" because I stopped at a stop sign.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DFZBRONZE Member
Christian Death Metal Anyone?
313 posts

Posted:
a friend of mine and her boyfriend were spinning fire at a local park when asked to move on by police becuase someone had rung complaining about them.

The police officers that came out were apparently very nice, they asked them if they could move on because they had recieved a complaint. they then proceded to talk to them for another on fire spinning and gothic culture.

Very nice people by the sound of it.

Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?
-- Steven Wright

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
Police officers are quite nice. Theyr'e just men and women doing their jobs, human beings like the rest of us. I've had a few nice chats with officers of the law, and they were really cool.

Cops, on the other hand, are egomaniacal... (Is there a violation for swearing? I better not) ...bastards who are bullies with badges. If you're younger than them, having more fun than them, or they just had bad coffee at the local donut shop, they'll try to arrest you or steal your belongings while hiding behind their shield. And if you know the law better than they do... I won't go into that.

I have met police officers who didn't WANT to do the job they were asked to do. In fact we had an officer walk up to a group of us doing a club picnic and he was really cool about it all. "We have gotten some complaints, so I have to ask you to move on. But if you go over there, nobody will bother you." He was cool. We invited him to come back, but he declined.

I like police officers, but I hate cops.

Socks

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: Socks

what's the difference?

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

Bretchenthusiast
247 posts

Posted:
I was stopped by a lady cop... in my... automobile...

Actually new years eve in rushcutters bay looking out at thehobour brigde in Sydney, some fire poi'ers were impressing a gathering crowd... the cops said this was ok until one of us started fire-breathing... they said this was too much and all fire had to stop... like it did had effect on a load of drunk n stoned backpackers........ I think they came back... once... the only harm done was by a drunk irishman who insisted on learning poi, no matter how black his cloths went from the used fire poi, or how many bruises he got, he persisted.

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now.....

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
the police are all different everyone of em has thier own way to enforce the law its down to thier own interpretation practically. once this twelve year old kid was taken to one side for smoking some dope and the police confiscated it. But as the police walked away the gobby little kid shouted
"can i get my weed back then mister?"
to which the cops said
"errm.. no of course not."
then the kid said
"but you just said it was ok to smoke it so long as i was in a field or something and no one saw me."
They didn't give it back obviously but i still think this is pretty liberal as in the very next village two cop cars were sent out simply because a couple of us were on a late night walk at three in the morning ... stalking milkmen from hedges for a laugh wink .. really drunk rolleyes but still...

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
my experience with cops is highly varied - some have been cool and some have been pricks. I've never had one in Houston (Texas) hassle us about spinning, and I've even had them stop and be part of the audience before. Cops in Berlin are the same. In South Africa they were a little further into their power trip I guess, as we would get chased off from the park even spinning practice poi. I guess they were too afraid to go do their real job there, so they decided to justify their jobs by hassling someone safe to hassle.

Often times cops are as reasonable as you are with them. If they get a friendly reception, they are as likely as not to return the favor. I have seen them abuse their power more regularly than makes me happy though.

In the end, I don't really think cops suck, at least not all of them - sure there are some bad apples in that barrel, but that is true everywhere. What it comes down to is they have a sucky, thankless, very hard to do correctly job that is extremely stressful and they are underpaid in many places as well.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
We haven't done too much spinning in public here in Belfast, but each time we have we've had a police armoured Land Rover and a fire engine drive by... both stopped and watched us for a while before deciding we were obviously just harmless stoners and driving on to break up any fights or unpleasantness happening in the rest of this cheery town. biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Socks

Socks

You been watching too much Chris Rock. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Police officers are ok i suppose because they earned thier power through training and lessons and stuff its security guards that get me annoyed all the do is apply for a job and suddenly they can kick you out of places and man handle you and [censored] they really piss me off the bastards oh when i work out how to set my death ray to security gaurd there will be some death raying going on oh yeah GRRR..

*Actually steams at the ears while beating up himself*

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
Most cops are evil alien robots.

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.