Forums > Help! > Looking for nice fuel jug.

Login/Join to Participate

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I wanna get a flask or jug to hold fuel for fire breathing. Now, its going to be used in performance by a side show artist so it has to look good. Preferably black and plastic. I also want it to have a small handle of some sort, just like a jug handle. Only thing is, I really have no idea where to look for such a speciffic container. Anyone have any suggestions?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Actually, after looking around on the net I found some leather water bags/canteens that would be perfect. But that spawned two more questions...

Would a leather canteen be ok to hold lamp oil/kero or would that be a bad thing to use?

And...

Where could I find some of these in a store? I need one ASAP and internet shipping would take too long.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Written by: ICoN

Actually, after looking around on the net I found some leather water bags/canteens that would be perfect. But that spawned two more questions...

Would a leather canteen be ok to hold lamp oil/kero or would that be a bad thing to use?

And...

Where could I find some of these in a store? I need one ASAP and internet shipping would take too long.

I've seen it done by someone I knew for a couple years and I never heard him say there was a problem with it.

as far as where to get them... well in TX I think you can find the "wineskin" types ones at Academy Sports and Outdoors stores, but I have no idea if you have those in PA...

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I don't know if you have these in the US (being dumb) but Army Surplus stores should have that sort of thing, if I'm thinking of the right things.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
or tupperware. theyd have something

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
I re use the Fire energy drink containers. They're metal, hold just enough for one breathing sessions, and the old design had a cool fire drawing onnit.

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Well, its gonna be a christmas present so I think a used drink bottle would be a bit low quality. Thanks for the ideas guys.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Ahh, if that's the case, make it yo self!! Seriously, make/modify some sort of carrier(hip, back, arm, etc), I don't think the actual container really makes that big of a difference, as long as it's not spilling fuel, it's easy to drink out of, fairly impervious to being punctured, and easy to clean, I think you'd be fine using most anything. Perhaps take a second lid for the container, modify it so that you can run plastic tubing(oil resistant?) for a mouth piece.

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
i'd really like one of those old (small) XXX moonshine jugs to carry my lamp oil in for breathing. it'd go great with my psychotic hobo costume i wear while stiltwalking =]

anybody know where to get em?

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
Icon! I really like this business/website: usplastic.com, I bet they have some cool stuff there. I get their catalog, and I've seen all kinds of fancy schmancy containers and stuff there.

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product...duct%5Fid=12215

thanks for the link, that one is plastic coated, so it shoudn't shatter and spray fuel everywhere if dropped

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
awesome - I'm glad it was useful.