Forums > Social Chat > anyone got a tatoo?? or a brand?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
tekki tommember
43 posts

Posted:
dose anyone have a tatoo or a brand cos iv bee thinking about getting branded. going to poland on tour in january hopefully and will get a tatoo of a phonex done on my back. any sugestgions or anything?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
thanks johny.

there has been an influx of skin removal on bme!, whats that about?????, looks interesting but then i dont see the pointin paying out good money on a decent tat then going and [censored] it up by removing the skin around or in the design... that to me is pointless.

Implants yeah their 3d so thats kewl you can see them, mine are only really visable if i was to show them, plus now they are under my sleve that im finishing right now. so no one notices them at all.

i hate small tats... dont really see the point, some thing can look much nicer when complimented with a theme, many people i have known with tats all have various themes accross their bodies, i for one chose anime and marquesan tribal, only because i love anime as a child and i have a facination with tribal and i chose marquesan because i have never seen any one with any before, probably not many people will have heard of the islands unless you live in new zealand. totally diferent style than maori and i like that because a lot of styles are becoming quite fasionable in society.

so i have a question, apart from no one has said do a search because this topic was covered ages ago! i know, but this is more interesting than last time it was bought up in social.

reet: how do you view people with tattoo's in society, do they stop any one doing a job? would you be put off in a restaraunt if the waiter/ress was covered in tattoo's that bought you your meal to your table?, would you judge some one differently if they had a tattooed face or many facial piercings, i know here we are all kinda like minded else we wouldnt post here but still it is some thing i would like to know. this being some thing i have suffered from over many years, im gonna go and bump a thread that i did a year ago so people may want to read it and understand where i am coming from.

so tell me your views.... we all judge people in society and we are all friends here, Ros honestly told me the other week she never did like my ears, at least i know now and still regard her as a friend an i never took offence to her saying so.

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
You know, you might get a kick out of Stalking Cat. I've met him on a few occasions, a VERY interesting person with a lot of stories to tell. The face tattoos are only the start. He's got both sleeves, and probably more. I haven't really been able to see all his ink. But he's dedicated to his path, and I respect that.

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i have brands tattoos and scarafaction i sugest you go with scarifation instead of branding it is much more percise

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cat man has two themes, did you know that?

sure he is fulfilling his dream of becoming his totom, but also i would love to know his reason behind having scales for sleves!.

by day he repairs computers for the community.
he is an interesting fellow indeed but there are more like him.
erik sprake for example, enigma and katzan, dave the leopard are all extremly tattooed people and famous for it, i also know elain davidson, the worlds most pierced woman, he hair shop is a few doors up from te POOKa's office in Edinburgh, i have had many conversations with her and what she does and she is a sweetie in real life.
they put themselves in to a position where they really are going to be judged in society but can make money from that because they are interesting to us, but how about cat man bringing out your meal?, how would you feel then?.

As i run a pub and have worked in the trade for several years now, i have been judged in loads of different ways and situations and have learnt to take them differently each time.
To me having worked at my last pub where it was a white shirt and black tie uniform, i had to wear long sleves because it was company policy to not have any visable tattoo's, i started there when i was booked in for my surgery, but still no facial piercings were alowed! go figure.. [censored] society, its all about a companies image not how a person can do a job which i can do well.
having left that company now and working for m+b in one of their chains as a trainee manager, i still have to wear a uniform to conform to their policies, but there is nothing in my contract that states any thing about visable tattoo's, my shirt this time is short sleved and a rank orange colour, but for me personally i would much prefer to be in a long sleved shirt, my tattoos are personal to me and me only, they are my choice. I hate it when i take some one their food to the table and they question my sleves, and ask the all too comon questions, what, why, when, how and did they hurt. Thank god they cant see my back! id be there all day.

so thats my general concensus on the subject, but im am really interested in reading other peoples views.
be honest too, you have all seen what i used to look like with my tunnels, you have seen photos of my tats... so even feel free to abuse this situation and tell me what you think of me!" and wht i used to look like.

:hugs:

SocksBRONZE Member
288 posts

Posted:
I never saw your "Tunnels", actually.

To be honest, if someone has tattoos or piercings, they are in the club of people who went through the pain to get it. There's a ritual to it, a trial you have to work through. And everyone who's done it has passed through the test, if you will.

If someone has ink in them, I want to know the story. Not why did you get inked as much as "What does it mean to you?" anyone with a small character on their shoulder may have done it on a lark. Someone with a full sleeve has a story to tell. It's like the Fiji boatsmen who get a full suit inked on their torsos, backs, short sleeves and upper legs (more info here). There's a story, I like to hear it.

Cat's arm ink is very impressive too, I've seen those. Unfortunately, when I meet him it's usually at con, so it's really hard to stop and ask his stuff. He is a big-ol pussycat tho. I don't think he's got a mean bone in him. Well, no, wait, he proabbly does, but I've never seen it. But he's very spiritual, and I can respect the strength to stay on your path.

But as I've established, I'm weird.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
tunnels are pictured at the top of this page.

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
I can only speak for myself...of course....but I never think poorly of someone who is covered in tats...not even in a restaurant. If fact, there are a few places here where tats and piercings are the norm......and those places are always busy and the servers make an insane amount of money. You just have to be confidant in the fact that if you are a good worker...no one will want to get rid of you because of your uniqueness...they will embrace it!!

on the flip side....

I manage a dental office, so I have to look spic and span every day. This means high collars, retainer in the septum hole...long pants or a skirt that goes all the way to my ankles. At first I was nervous about what the doc would think about me. Once we went to the mountains to do some charity work for people who could not afford to get their dental care. It was at that time, that the tat was officially exposed to all. I even pulled out the poi and did a little fire spinning. I didn't hear a single word about the tats..and to this day have not heard a negative comment.....everyone loved the fire, though...I guess the point being, that if you extablish yourself as a good, hardworking person...no one is gonna say anything to you. You do have to judge when and where society would "not appreciate" your uniqueness...every place is different, and often times you have to take yourself out of the situation emotionally, and do what's best for the particular business you work in.

My point being, is that if you want something bad enough, then you should do it regardless of what people think of you. After all of the crazy looks/stares/comments I've gotten in my lifetime, I treat each as an opportunity to show people that looks can be decieving, and stereotypes are crap. And, you have to realize that people will always say something to you...they will always want to talk to you about it...it comes with the territory...people are curious about things that are different from them.

I don't even know what I'm babbling about anymore...... ubbloco ubbloco

SocksBRONZE Member
288 posts

Posted:
OH! Those are tunnels! Ok, I thought they were called somehting else. Don't mind the American, we're speaking hte same words, but it's a whole other language sometimes.

I personally don't care one way or another if somoene is serving me a drink all inked up or not. Actually, it's a window into who they are, a lot of the time. But I also dress up as a dog for fun.

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
I dress up as a bunny for fun...... ubbrollsmile

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I've got a sort of birthmark thing (it's not actually a birthmark, longish story that I maight explain at some point) on my hip. It's a collection of skin pigment, it basicly looks like a circler, inch aross feckle with 700 or so (complet guess) very tiny feckles on it. It kinda looks like a planet. For a while I've been thinking about getting it tattoed. Not to cover it up but to make it into something, like a planet, face or just the centre of something trible. Any suggestions? I might dig out my camera and post a picture of it if that helps.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I've got a small gekko crawling up my back between my shoulder blades and a large tribal design on my lower back. I got them both at the same time but I've found that my gekko has faded quite a bit from the sun. Must go and get it re-coloured again. bounce

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: pk ....:™

how do you view people with tattoo's in society, do they stop any one doing a job? would you be put off in a restaraunt if the waiter/ress was covered in tattoo's that bought you your meal to your table?, would you judge some one differently if they had a tattooed face or many facial piercings, i know here we are all kinda like minded else we wouldnt post here but still it is some thing i would like to know. this being some thing i have suffered from over many years, im gonna go and bump a thread that i did a year ago so people may want to read it and understand where i am coming from.

so tell me your views.... we all judge people in society and we are all friends here, Ros honestly told me the other week she never did like my ears, at least i know now and still regard her as a friend an i never took offence to her saying so.

Ok PK after looking in your gallery and realising you were one of the 2 for one offer on cute guys on the tube, I felt I had to post here. I have seen the pics of you 'unmodified' and with the tunnels and piercings and after the surgery (I think the last pic of you posted is post op?) I have to say you look cute every which way you have looked. I think attractiveness comes from within.

However many modifications a person makes to themselves, from having a hair cut through to tats, scars, implants, its who is inside that matters. I have to say if I see someone with really badly done home made tatts it makes me cringe, on an artistic level not an 'OMG tattoos' judgement. Brands make me squirm a bit, because of the thought of the pain gone through to get it.

I have no tattoos/brands. I'm a bit girly when it comes to pain and I am forever changing my mind about things, so I couldn't ever make my mind up what to have done, even if I could stand the pain ubblol

As For how I judge other people I see with tattoos /brands/ piercings..... I think it depends on how the person is behaving. If I were to see a huge man covered in tatts screaming and swearing at people passing in the street I would have a fear of that person......... equally if he had no tatts, he would scare me too. If he was a big man covered in tatts holding open a shop door for me to go through I would think, what a nice person and say thanks.

So I guess what I'm saying is I don't really care how people look, more how they behave towards me and other people. You can have all the piercings in the world and every inch of your skin inked, as long as you are good to your granny, you're fine by me! That doesn't mean I'm not going to take a second look or maybe even stare a bit if you catch my eye with a pretty tatt or and interesting piercing but thats just because I'm curious.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

tekki tommember
43 posts

Posted:
erm chers guysfor the input i am still not sure what im gona do il probly decide wen it comes to the time.

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
ive got a wee tatoo of a butterfly on my hip....hardcore..ha. one of my mates got wasted on night and asked his mates to brand him like in the beach...but it scabbed overe really bad and ended up looking like a giant christmas tree on his arm.its huge.. in conclusion.. dont do branding...but tatoos yeah thats cool.

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
i want to get a big robot tattoo on my back

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
and he wants an additional parking in rear tattoo on his chest wink

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

tekki tommember
43 posts

Posted:
kool

Page: