Forums > Social Chat > anyone got a tatoo?? or a brand?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
tekki tommember
43 posts

Posted:
dose anyone have a tatoo or a brand cos iv bee thinking about getting branded. going to poland on tour in january hopefully and will get a tatoo of a phonex done on my back. any sugestgions or anything?

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
tatoo yes, brand no, (well except for the burns from poi)
sugestgion ::: get something you will want on you at 65 years old.

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i have a full amine back piece... [posted pics down below!]

almost finished my left sleve now too.

also 2 implants

no branding.

no flesh tunnels any more either ... they got a little big to say the least.!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Originally posted by pk...
also 2 implants

.:*Opens mouth to say witty comment... *:.

Sorry can't do it... to easy...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
behave yourself boy! or do i get my bitch nix on to you!

1,903 posts

Posted:
nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix nix... biggrin

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
he just went to bed... so you'll keep for now.
awaits NYC with the off topic line!

filthy 23BRONZE Member
136 posts

Posted:
flesh tunnels... reminds me of flesh tubes wink wink

I AM working.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
they were pretty big there for a while.

Non-Https Image Link

they're no longer like that though. there is an indepth thread about it called reconstructive surgery.

My back:

Non-Https Image Link

Latest project: My Sleve almost finished.

Non-Https Image Link

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yes to tattoos and I do branding but do not have one.
Brands do not always take permanently, depending on how you scar.

And I agree, make sure any tat you get means something to you and you will want to have it always. I design mine, then sit on them for about 2 years (sometimes more) just to be sure it is something I really want to invest the blood and time into.

Oh...3 of them. Both hips and the bottom half of my back which will eventually extend to be my whole back.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Still staying mellow then Pele?

hug

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
mellow? she doesnt want to spoil her beauty james.
i love her just the way she is [sweet and inocent]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Sweet and innocent? Are we talking about the same woman here? I mean Pele that gets turned on by the smell of kero.

Which Pele were you talking about?

tongue

*wonders how far "mellow" will stretch*

Meh

1,903 posts

Posted:
Pk... show me your implants... ubblol

.:*Dives just out of hitting distance...*:. biggrin ubblol

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
I have a tattoo...a few actually...started at a young age(16), and am still continuing. I started with a tree frog on my ankle, and ended up giving him a rainforest to live in almost 7 years later.... Love Love them. My only suggestion, would be to think about the fact that your design will fade after time and need touching up....so go with bold designs...thicker lines as opposed to thinner. Also, think about your design and your artist.....a good one will toss around ideas with you, and even draw up preliminary sketches.

PK = Punk Rock = Cutie hug2

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
I have a tree woman (dryad ...tree-nimph... forest faery....wood-woman...whatever you want to call her... smile) on my back... I disigned it myself and feel like I will always love it in my skin and as a part of me....
here's a link to a photo of my tatt in my photo gallery... I'm not as clever as Pk as to post the actual picture here....so ...
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=2

Sometimes i fantasise about having tattooed pixie wings on my upper back~sholder blades... not sure if it'd look wierd with my existing tatt though.... ubblove

Are you talking branding...as in what they do to cows? eek owwwie!!!

I heard of someone having beautiful angel wings scared into there skin... sounds beautiful and torturous at the same time... I guess tattoos and piercings are kinda the same... dosen't seem so extreem though...............:*

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
I have a tattoo which to most people is a wolfs head but a few people actually know what it is. It was done for a important part of my life which ended and i always want to have something to remember it by

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
I have one that needs some touching up. It healed VERY poorly, but that's the story of my life. It's a yin/yang with a dog and cat paw in place of the traditional "dot". It's a very spiritual one for me.

This is the only pic I have of it, a few hours after it was done.

Non-Https Image Link

Some of the black fell out, and it was down to hamburger. So I'm waiting for my skin to go back to it's healthy color before I get the black refilled. I'm thinking of another one too, but it's gotta be equally as spiritual for me to go through that again.

Socks the fuzzball

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
the black always.....always falls out. You should have your black touched up soon after the tattoo heals....it's hard to get complete coverage with all of that muck and blood everywhere. Also....tattoo artists have a great sense of humor, mine put a cock and balls on my leg......is that to vulgar for early morning??? Anyway....one of the vines on my leg looks like a big veiny piece of manhood complete with two leaves strategically placed just where the balls would be.......lol No one ever notices (except on time this guy from the 7-11 said that it looked "sexual", but couldn't tell me why.)
Love Ya/B

SocksBRONZE Member
288 posts

Posted:
In my case, it was my own fault. It wasn't healing right, and I was doing everything I could to save it. Then I put on a pair of short, and ripped the scab off. And after wincing in pain, realising it was my own stupid fault, and saying choice words to that effect to myself, I decided to wait 'till my skin was back to normal. I'm not kidding when I say it was down to the "meat". NOT pretty.

So, a few more months. It's an accpetable ink right now, I just need to let my body get back to a more "normal" place first.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

PsychoTronicstranger
80 posts

Posted:
wow man whats thaaaat?this anime is great!!!!!It couldn't be better i tell you!
I dont have any but once I do it will be private:p (almost private) It might be a little puma or a tribal.I am going to do this near the hips.Not in the center but down and right(f...ck my english!)
There it will be visible to me and to the one i sleep with:)

"For once there was an unknown land, full of strange flowers and subtle perfumes,
a land of which it is joy of all joys to dream, a land where all things are perfect and poisonous."
"Put out the torches! Hide the moon! Hide the stars!"

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I have an eye of horus on my left hip. Sort of where your knickers sit do you can't see it unless i show you. Mine hasn't healed cleanly but the cracks make it look more ancient which is actually pretty cool seeing as it's an ancient egyptian symbol. I've thought about getting it touched up but i don't thinki i want to it looks "aged" which i like - don't think i could have paid for that effect.

Gayle.....!

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I have a dead tree going up the base of my spine (as seen in my gallery) and a blue rose on my arm with a scroll under it that reads "OBLITERATE YOUR MEANING". And I'm getting a caption for the tree too, it's going to say "A SOUL IN PAIN HAS NO IMAGE TO RECLAIM".

Is branding the same as scarification? I don't really like that. I think it often just looks.. nondescript. and bad. Tattoos are great because they have character in themselves, rather than just looking like a skin condition.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Yeah I have a tattoo, it's a japanese kanji symbol meaning 'tiger'. If you're going to get a tattoo, in my opinion anyway, make sure it's something that means a great deal to you. Like tigers are not only my favourite animal, but there's this whole spiritual thing I have which I won't go into...but yeah, don't get something you'll regret when you're old and whithered! ^__^

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ive just got a wittle ickle tattoo on my shoulder, quite pansy really biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Branding is with the hot stuff.....scarification is the whole cutting bit

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Does branding not count as scarification? It is a scar innit.

I've got a quite big tribal on my chest, round my nipple. Which I love and adore. But I want more.

Branding though. Did that with my friends a while ago. My advice is really obvious in hindsight, get it done by a professional. Some of us branded each other, and all where fine apart from one which injured my friend quite badly, so don't do that.
I have two on my right shoulder, just two lines at right angles to each other, one raised very well and is visible, the other is still visible but much less raised.

It's all about healing and keloids apparently, and there is no way of knowing how they will turn out untill it is done.

Go to www.bme.freeq.com to see many different brands and find out who does it and the like. I think they look really good, but scarification (skin removal / cutting) is much more clean from what I've seen.

PK. Your tattoo is looking amazing. It was all lines and not much else last time I saw it. It looks splendid now.

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

tekki tommember
43 posts

Posted:
cheers all still, so do brands or tatos hurt atall?

SocksBRONZE Member
288 posts

Posted:
yes.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
tom, there gonna put a white hot bit of metal onto your skin, of course its not gonna hurt tongue

Kinetic EnergyBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Anyone got any tattoos to do with poi, or any kind of swinging stuff?

More and more when I doodle it turns out to be something to do with poi... I have a few nice designs... never really thought about getting a tat... but probably... if I did... it'd be poi... am I gonna be spinning at 65?

Page: