Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > manchesters monthly(ish) alternate proformance art meet and workshop *DELETED*

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by loki.c1687
EDITED_BY: loki.c1687 (1104706316)

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Bugishave fur, will huggle
231 posts

Posted:
Hello. I'm going to be there. But I'm really teeny and you may not notice me.

Plus I'm even more shyer than the extremely overlooked Mr Cantus tongue

I have my sidekick now. I think I call him Sidekick!!

"Lets get Jinky with it!"

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hi Mr Bugis smile from what I remember your not that shy redface last time I saw you I had to rescue you from Stroo’s cleavage ubbangel. Will be nice to see you again and maybe you could bring that recluse Mr. Cantus with you ubblove.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Well, can I say that was most fun indeed!
It was good to see y'all again, and nice to meet new peeps (new to me that is) such as the Elusive Mr. C@ntus, and Bugis and briefly teejay!

I'd like to say, that the future belongs to Fire Frisbees!

If anyone wants, i will post instructions to build the slightly more expensive (x10) glow poi, ingredients etc. Please note I am now working on further developments in the electronic LED Poi in my workshop, complete with bubbling green stuff in tubes, lightning conductors and a big saw.

Ayethankyou.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
just put up the picks of Wild Child's First Burn

(click this link)

sorry the quality is a bit crap. was so cool to see you all especially ilxdfuvhsriouhilrbvhisrugisrlg (cant be arsed with a list) in my opinion a great success much better than last time more (hummmmm) friendly yeh that’s the word more friendly this time will see you all at the next one hopefully it I'll not be as cold so I can actually spin my staff without dropping it.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

MidianThe Fairy Of Things That Go Bump In The Night ;)
188 posts

Posted:
Twas very fun this meet... biggrin thankyou to everybody who helped me learn some super cool groovy new stuff weavesmiley n mr cantus realli is shy isnt he (thx for teaching me a bit of doubles) hug laterz cant wait for the next meet xx

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
sweet nite had loads of fun great to see everyone again i got some good video footage im just working on the video now one i need photos though so if anyones got any good photos could they put them up on the web or tell me and i'll give you my email thanks all smile

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Fire frisbee is definitely the new bubble poi biggrin

Hopefully got some decent pics of you with your nunchucks. But will have to wait til I develop my film (none of this fancy schmancy digital stuff for me tongue) to see. Possibly got a nice long exposure with Toby's arm trailing through it too. So that'll be nice....

Meh

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yeah it was a great night, great ppl & good atmosphere - and can I just say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! thanx feel better for that

Mint Sauce - thanx for the pics, I'm grinning inanely all over again!:D

And muchos thanx to Andy for walking me to it thankx
kiss

I'd say thanx to Ro but he's not on line so not much point really frown

fire frisbee and posh glow poi rock

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Fadenewbie
19 posts

Posted:
wavehellowavehellowavehellowavehellowavehellowavehellowavehellowavehello
Hey guys - last nite rocked!! It was so cool finally meetin everyone at last!

And i had my first burndevildevildevildevildevildevil - thanx millhouse!! thankx

Wild child - gr8 meetin u at last, the bibs looked cool!

I've got 2 get me sum fire poi now - i'm addicted!! - thats a hint for an xmas pressie Teejay!! wink wink wink

oh well gtg, cya all at the nxt meet!!

Bam x ubbrollsmile x

.....................just keep spinnin......................

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
YOu too Fade. lots of ex-virgins this morning! Jen too (how well did she do??!!) and Teejay's 1st staff....

Fire Poi top of birthday presents-for-self list......

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
hey people, it was my first poi meet last night and it was great.

thanks for lettin me play with your fire poi millhouse devil biggrin despite the fact i accidentally hit myself in the face with one and was smelling burnt hair for about an hour... redface

the fire frisbee was fun though

thanks to all the new ppl i met ubbrollsmile devil

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Hiya Havokist, welcome to HoP!! wavehello welcome

not sure if we spoke last night or not but sure we will next time - have a hug 'til then hug

Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Kay people a few of us where talking about this last night weavesmiley Falmouth '05 weavesmiley

Written by:

Ok, so the discussion begins here. When do you want it, where do you want it?

I reckons>>

Accommodation: Tregedna Farm Campsite (the other one for those of you who attended Falmouth 1 or 2)

Duration: Thursday evening - Sunday evening

Attractions: A beautiful beach, (hopefully) glorious weather, a big feckin fire, more beer and smoke than you can shake several large sticks at, and a bunch of lunatics playing with fire.

Throw in a few workshops, the obligatory 8 mile hike, and yer talkin' heaven.

Anyone have anything they wanted to add?

P.S. Depending on the scheduling of the PLAY festival, there may well not be time for a further shindig in the summer months, so don't be shy.

Folow the link[Old link]

Now I defiantly want to go biggrin and same goes for those I spoke to last night ubblove. The only problem is getting there eek especial on a bank holiday the trains and stuff will be a nightmare. And megabus will only get us to London confused. So what Rob suggested is that we hire a mini bus for the weekend and drive down as a group biggrin the cost split between all of us would be minimal and we cold split the driving. I know some of you wont be able to go for the full weekend frown so I'm suggesting just go down for the bank holiday drive down on Fri come back on Mon (it is a 4 day weekend (Easter bank holl)). ubblove

This is just a suggestion to see what kind of response we get.
ubbloco ubbloco

188 posts

Posted:
biggrin Hey Kyle.. Hope u didnt damage yourself too much when you hit yourself in the face eek but yea probebly see u the next sat after xmas laters hun xx

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Yay yay! Come to [Old link]

The one's last year were absolutely wicked, and we're pretty sure we can make it even better this year. The best way we can think of to do that is to get as many people as we can fit on the beach, and go mental. Sound good? Good.

See you all there. biggrin

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

188 posts

Posted:
confused umm whats this foulmouth thing people keep talking about... its confusing

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Hey Wild Child biggrin
i don't think we talked but i think i might have saw you, were you the one with the white t-shirty thing with writing on?
the foulmouth thing sounds fun... need to know more though.
anyone know when the next poi meet in manchester is? weavesmiley

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeh mancheste via Falmouth! 27/3/2005

188 posts

Posted:
kyle do you know what this foulmouth thing is.. nobody will tell me:(

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i'm guessing the foulmouth thing is when a bunch of people go off somewhere, get wrecked and play with fire, but i've no idea really

Mint Sauce, which weekend is it?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
gurr folow the link

ok ok just give me a min i will look up some info for you all

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
thanks dude biggrin

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
hey mint sauce - were u at falmouth 1 or 2??? i went to one but dunno which one i think it was 1. so which camp site do u mean and what's wrong with that one?? not a long walk although down a VERY dark and DANGEROUS path lol!
im definately up for the whole weekend and could maybe confince a couple of peeps into it...ooooh and i could get my m8s from the south to go too YAY A REUNION IM SO EXCITED ALREADY!!!! ubbrollsmile
p.s sorry but i can't drive but i'll make up for it in mini-bus road trip spirit!!! biggrin

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
...And congrats Wild Child (and all the other fire virgins) wish i could've been there to witness the moment!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Right Falmouth is a spinners meet like Manchester but bigger and better where spinners form all over the country get together to spin drink smoke and have a good time.

There is a huge beach to build a big fire on to keep warm by, large camp sight to put up the accommodation and loads of space to spin whatever you are into there will be people there doing things you never even taught was possible. In a way its almost like a spinner’s festival.

Go to www.soton-firespinning.co.uk sign yourself in and go to the downloads section and put Falmouth into the search bit. Download the vid's it give you for a glimpse of past Falmouth events.

It is a bit of a long way being all the way down on the south coast but I think it is well worth the trip especially if we do from Fri to Mon.

Some of England’s best spinners will be there.

Hanky
I’ve never actually made it down to Falmouth yet this will be my first one but I went to Sheffield which was kind of like a mini Falmouth

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
Trust me - its definately worth going so everyone get ur asses in gear and get ready to burn!!!!!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
thanks dude biggrin

i might turn up dependin on a few things

188 posts

Posted:
wow sounds cool...

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Mint Sauce, were you at gas works yesterday?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I was mainly using sock poi Lent andy ny wire wool Cages and some one else used my staff all night. did a fair amount of teaching was in a red T-shirt

https://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=yfk8em&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1103571893)

Page: ...