• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Two-handed One-handed moves

Login/Join to Participate

Rovo
GOLD Member since Jul 2003

Rovo

(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)

Total posts: 544
Posted:I know the Subject sounds oxymoronic but I was wondering if anyone else has ever played around with this. I started by doing a one-handed butterfly and choking up the chain one hand at a time until it got smaller and smaller. Then I realized you could grab one poi with your free hand and make a smaller circle with one poi let go and then continue spinning one-handed. I started grabbing one and wrapping the other then going into a weird one poi short one long weave, also hitting one poi so it spins twice as fast as the other creating a 2:1 timed one-handed weave, you can change from same time one handed bf to split-time onehanded bf easily in this way, and many others I was just playing around with. I am not good at any other one handed moves other then same and split-time one handed butterfly's but I imagine other one-handed moves could also be manipulated in this way.

Peace, Love, Circles

Delete Topic

Richee
BRONZE Member since Jan 2002

HOP librarian

Total posts: 1841
Posted:Split time Buutterfly is interesting and u with wraps usage too smile

POI THEO(R)IST

Delete

Rovo
GOLD Member since Jul 2003

Rovo

(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)

Total posts: 544
Posted:Yeah if you catch one head and wrap the other then throw the held head in the other direction it looks awesome. These are also great for transitions.

Peace, Love, Circles

Delete