Forums > Social Chat > Funking toast toppings

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
What's going on? I'm going to regret saying this but i really don't think nutella is that good. All i can feel when i bite i into it is another layer of my teeth being rotted off. And which idiot decided nuts go with chocolate? They don't it's just one huge thing that overpaid people made us think so we'd buy it.
And as for marmite (which i think is marginally better than nutella) It's stings your tounge and i can not tatste anything else i eat for the rest of the day. this may be because i have a delicate pallette (sp?)There are many other better toppings out there go find 'em.
But there you go my thoughts.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
*gasp* Sacrilidge!

I kind of know what you're saying though, it can be a bit sickly. My advice is to try it without the toast and just eat little bits with your finger straight from the jar (or a spoon if it's not your jar )

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Tennis been looking for you for days, or something, check you Private Messages, under my profile.

also, when using marmite, put quite a bit of butter on the toast and very very thinly spread the marmite, patchy even.

if you still find it too much and some chedder cheese to it and whack it under the grill for a minute.

other than than strawberry jam and cheese (uncooked) is good.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
you dont like nutella?

right thats it, get out of my house!!!

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Guess what! Guess what! I finally had Nutella for the first time last night!!!! I loved it! I looked for marmite but the store was out.

Okay, for you Americans that say you can't find any here, look harder. The town I live in has a population of 6000. It is very small and is in the middle of nowhere. I know of 3 stores to grocery shop at and nutella was at 2 of them. Try your local Co-op. They sell organic foods and a variety of international stuff.

Can anyone tell me if it is the same nutella as everyone talks about though? The label said Nutella and underneath, I think it read Ferrara (sp?). It had a pic of Kobe Bryant (famous American basketball player) endorsing it. Very corney.

Anyway, I loved it and now I'm just waiting untill they get some marmite in. Thanks for informing me on the chocolatey deliciousness of nutella!!!

peace & luv,
The Caged One

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
that's the stuff, doesn't need endorsing in in the UK don't know about else where.

but yeah by ferraro(sp? definately has an o in it though, the make loads of sweets, I can't spell them though so I won't bother trying

*But you're so tired...*

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
curses!

and i was hoping i'd be the first american on a jar of nutella.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I tried Vegemite the other day and it tastes like shit. I was told marmite tastes the same.

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
actually, marmite is more shit than vegemite.

its an aquired taste....

Sylanmember
2 posts

Posted:
Nutella was easy enough to find in my local grocery store, but Marmite was quite a bit harder. Finally had to have a friend in NZ ship a jar of it to me so I could try it out. Yeah yeah, so it isn't Brit-Marmite, but it still tastes pretty bad. =) Nutella is good stuff, but I can't see myself eating much of it due to it's uh...artery-clogging properties. =)

[ 27 July 2002, 23:33: Message edited by: Sylan ]

I'm eccentric, that means I can do anything I want.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
My god, thank you Tennis. I thought that I was the only one on this board who can't stamd any of it. Marmite, Vegimite, and Nutella are all vile.

At least if I get lynched I'll have some company

Jesus helps me trick people.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Hmm...someone get the Nutella, I'll get the feathers. We're going to get SickPuPpy and Tennis and Nutella-and-Feather them.

Oh, goody! This is exciting! We haven't had a good, old-fashioned lynch mob around here in ages!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
That's not funny, Mike.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
and let us stop talk of this albatross! i don't want to eat any sodding seabird.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
Vegemite is the best!!! hot toast!!! besides its made as a by product of beer so it must be good

It's all good

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Nuts & Chocolate are delish together - just not with bread.

My fave quick and easy snack has gotta be pizza toast. Grate cheddar onto some bread - grill it and add a few splashes of tabasco. Add some chorizo / peppers et voila - pizza toast!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Pointless Fact Time/Public Announcement

If I remember correctly vegemite and marmite are near enough the same, except that vegemite is weaker than marmite. I think

Regardless of that BOTH are very strong spreads and should be used only in moderation(i.e. use less marmite than butter), unless you are experienced/qualified.

If it anytime you are unsure, carefully replace the lid and return the spread to the cupboard. Call an expert, leave the house.

this announcement was brought to you by someone that is bored at work

*But you're so tired...*

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
erm.. sub i'm a little worried about you now.

Since putting this post up i've grown to enjoy marmite if used thinly on COLD toast with a little too much flora (the best margerine.

But for any people who inquisitivly bought some marmite and didn't like.if you've left it in your cupboard for ages either put it into gravy or spread it generously over people's expensive possesions.then proceed to piss yourself laughing when they just look so bewildered and gutted (their face has that 'what kind of animal could do this' look)when they see it . But only people you don't like. duh!!

My cat's breath smells like catfood

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Or you could try eating the Marmite by the spoonful to see how much you can eat before your senses start getting overloaded and shutting down.
I reckon only the most highly trained could take more than 3 spoons at one go.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
neat marmite, my whole mody curls up at the thought, thats evil TBM.

I do know people that eat it thickly, but not neat.

that could easily be an initiation right for something, but it'd have to be something rather special, I dunno I'm rambling now

*wanders off to try and do something more constructive, gets distracted by a cloud*

edit - aah, I see, I've been repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself, again

[ 31 July 2002, 00:12: Message edited by: sub ]

*But you're so tired...*

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
I propse a new site....

Home of Nutella, Marmite, & Vegimite

I bet the forums social discussion would only consist of fire spinning

waddya think?

peace & luv,
Cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Cage has the right idea.

My friend last night, who's been a Chef Instructor at culinary college, is an even bigger, more subtle heretic, Monkey...she said there was no significant difference between nutella and the others, less than 24 hours ago...

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Just want to let newbies see what a good, ole'-fashioned marmite/vegemite/nutella war looks like!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Cass is going to kill me. I have been eating vegemite. It has only happened since my aussie citizenship came through (weird coincidence?)

I know exactly what she is going to say

Non-Https Image Link

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

alix_r2002member
12 posts

Posted:
let me get this right...ther's no alcohol or other intoxicants in vegemite and marmite, and the tase has to be SERIOUSLY acquired?? what was the question again? and as far as nutella, I havn't tried it yet, but if there's chocolate in it its gotta be good.

I sought advice and cooperation from all, but not permission...

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by SickpuPpy:
My god, thank you Tennis. I thought that I was the only one on this board who can't stamd any of it. Marmite, Vegimite, and Nutella are all vile.

At least if I get lynched I'll have some company

I quite agree, it's all vile.

But 'Bovril', Mmmmmm, luvly.
LOL
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay guys, i wanted to ask this in it's own thread but i'm afraid. afraid of the truth. afraid of what might happen if i have MY OWN THREAD ABOUT NUTELLA..."marked for death, you will be, slowby wan..." my master said, and i beleft him. so it's perfect, i can ask here, and just be sort of underground...

how many jars of nutella do people go through?
a jar a week? month? two days? i need to know if i have a problem, or if other people eat as much as me... a support group may be necessary soon...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
urm, anyone a big fan of cheese and peanut butter on soft sqishy white bread? it's the making of a fine sandwhich. just a suggestion as this nutella marmite craze is a little worrying. oh, and if your mouth gets stuck together as it has the consistancy of super glue, may i suggest alot of water or add some crisps to the sandwhich. yum yum

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey Arashi, i get through about a jar every 1-2 weeks (i think). Have to have my daily fix for breakfast at least I did get into this vegan chocolate spread for a while - better for you if you think Nutella is too sickly , but I have to order it over the internet and pay P&P so my best intentions are kinda slipping.

Well i did just type an ickle spread Vs spread skipping song for us all to take turns jumping into, but it kept getting too rude sorry chaps!

Needless to say nutella wins hands down. Has marmite ever made it into the bedroom? On second thoughts i really don't wanna know that!!!

*runs away from horrible mental imagery... stop brain stop... AAAarrrrrrrrghhhhhh...*

Edit > ooouuu my hundreth (sp?) post too!!! What a worthy topic! ha ha haaha haaa. I HAVE NO REGRETS!!! Here's a BIG nutella smacker for y'all

[ 10. December 2002, 02:57: Message edited by: flowingchalice ]

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Both Vegimite and Marmite are actually quite good for you as they are both yeast spreads and are quite high in B vitamins which are essential correct funtioning of your nervous system - HOWEVER they are both REALLY high in Sodium (salt) which will harden your arteries nicely.. Nutella is ok (I'm more of a savoury kinda gal..) high in sugar and fats and yummyness -

I will say however I have not seen teh classic taost sperad on here yet - may I just step up on my soap box.. PB&J PB&J ... Peanut butter and Jam/ Jelly!

Goobers (I think) make it already mixed up...

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
I heard that Nutella (and other chocolate) isn't that bad for your teeth, because saliva dissolves it and washes it away quickly.

This might be completely made up, but my lesbian-ex-girlfriends-friends-boyfriend was a dental assistant, and told me something like this in a pub in York circa 1998.

Magnus... pay it forward

Page: