simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
today there was some stuff that i really should have been doing.

but instead i chose to make this:

Triplespins Video - 934kb - Right-click and "save as..."

i'm putting it here rather than in the 'videos' forum because it's intended to be an aid to learning Staff Moves, instead of being a 'performance' video.

It's a video showing forwards and backwards triplespins

They're also known as "6 beats" and "double lockups"

(and sometimes called Snakes even though they aren't Snakes at all)

Triplespins are like figures of eight - they make circles on either side of your body with the staff.

But figure eights only do two rotations before coming back to the start of the pattern...

(one full spin on either side of the body)

...while Triplespins do six rotations.

(three spins either side of the body)

They're discussed a bit [Old link] and in [Old link] which also has a link to a vid of Dragon07 doing forward triplespins with fire.

EDITED_BY: simian (1149500130)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
YEZA I nailed that move not long ago biggrin Its sick.

Its pretty cool how we can do exactly the same move and its totally different ubblol

I like that semi W/w that u do, im trying to get mine right around infront (from btb) which is crazy with ur other arm in the way, i have to lift the free arm and usually put it across my face so i have more room to play. biggrin

U should try those triplespins with ur hand on your head the whole time. It lead my to this whole other style of semi contact, when u keep your hand on ur body, and its holding ur staff as u transition through moves all over ur body. Fits good with waist wraps huh

Oh yea a double lock up is slightly different, cause its not in my hand, it locks between forearm and tricep/ bicep.
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1101716545)

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
wow, thats pretty nuts..clap i only recently got the doublespins down.. literally a week ago i found out how to do it spinning backwards..

im off practicing biggrin

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Looking nice smile

The backwards on from in front to behind is a bitch to get, and you've got it nice and smooooth.

Yeah, it's a shame you have to turn your torso, but I don't think there's any way round it without double jointed shoulders. I can do it with minimal torso-turnage, but it gets uglier and more painful.

On the plus side, the turning works quite nice with the parallel doubles biggrin (depending on the timing). Pretty much rules out butterfly stuff, though...

(Love the music too...)

monkeys ate my brain

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
monkey, are thease what i think they are?

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

3,149 posts

Posted:
mo-seph - you have them going with parallel doubles! eek
*jealous monkey*
that doesn't work for me yet... having said that, i'm in a stage of totally ignoring my doubles at the moment.
but i can do forwards butterfly triples (both forwards, staffs alternating behind\in front)

hmm, maybe we mean the same thing but are talking diffrent langwidges...
we gots ta meet up at some point, dude smile

Dragon - Spymac rocks dunnit smile
Written by: Dragon07

U should try those triplespins with ur hand on your head the whole time. It lead my to this whole other style of semi contact, when u keep your hand on ur body, and its holding ur staff as u transition through moves all over ur body.

check UCOFs "Missing in Acton" vid dude. i do a load of singlebeat staff carries like that smile great minds huh?

i love stuff where you keep hand in contact with head too. i call them "poindexter" moves, cos they remind me of those propellor hats that stereotypical american nerds wear ubblol

never tried them with high triplespins tho... ubbidea

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

3,149 posts

Posted:
Tom - Sorry, missed your post. Probably. You could check to make sure though, seeing as the download is only ickle.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
would like to see more thought being put into costuming and location. wink Soundtrack was amusing. smile

O yeah - nice triple spin!

Alright, I'll see you later girly girl.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:

wish i had more elbows...

i only learned these myself a while back and can do all but one . Its going from front to back in reverse. Going from behind to front spinning forwards takes me alot more bending too.

are you naturally that bendy? or am i unnaturally that unflexable

nice job

Love is the law.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
aha! ive managed to get the 5bt cycles but couldnt work out that extra bit! thank yoo!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have the triple spin video available ?

3,149 posts

Posted:
ooh, i should sort that out shouldn't i...

~watch this space~

3,149 posts

Posted:
Link at the top of the thread has been restored smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oh why cant we get my avatar working monkey? ubbcrying

3,149 posts

Posted:
i can't access it directly from here jonny. Something is afoot with it. But don't cry, we'll have a look when you get back from work.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
too late...

ubbcrying

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yipee!

biggrin

Jamagotchinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
has anyone else got any of vids of this move, or one where it shows it broken down a bit more, think what im doing at the mo is a 5 beat and i seem to find how to get another in there

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
umm

5 beat?
que? confused

Thats poi that is. shrug

and we are hosting the video of this triple spin on our website www.theincondoocon.com/videos

3,149 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Jamagotchi

one where it shows it broken down a bit more

dude, i was going pretty slow smile

But which part are you having trouble with? Shoulder twisting up part or Hip twisting up part? Forwards or Backwards?

If you're getting the full triplespin, the end of the staff that leads to the other side of the body will be:

Going forwards: end closest to thumb
Going backwards: end closest to pinky finger

if it's the other way round then you need to turn the staff another half turn
and remember to cross the plane of the body at the exact moment your staff goes vertical.

There are some more examples on "xmas eve on the incondoocon" which you can get on the link above. better quality vid, but faster spins so maybe not helpful...

Jamagotchinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
its the part behind your body, thats confusing me, if u could break it down into each part that would be great tongue and im really not sure how beats there are in what im doing i almost think im doing it but just differently if that makes sense ??

Jamagotchinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
ah ha got it just getting my arm to become more bendy now so it can get a bit smoother

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
simian does seem to be one of the most bendy individuals ever espec when he starts antispinnin random biz
EDITED_BY: simta (1155866692)

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Since have you hosted hastings fun jonny?!

Cringe-o-rama! redface

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have had it hosted since Ed first posted it biggrin

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Oo-eer, theres me getting mixed up again.

I though it was the very first hastings video that I made rolleyes

Well thats all sorted, I was scared people were able to get their grubby mits on footage of my spinning pre-hopper meetness eek

EDITED_BY: Aimée (1156099560)