Page:
Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
So, what do ya think?

My own thought is that evolution is a means to using energy in a more efficient way. So basically the meaning of life is to use.

but thats just me. i dont care what it is i just want to see other people views on why they be.

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
hmmm... i confuse myself wen i think of stuff like that - always end up back trackin n thinkin the opposite to wen i started!

oohhhh my head hurts now.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
to live, to reproduce.. in my opinion we are no different from a plant or a sea urchin.. just because we can think of things like this and a sea urchin cannot, doesnt mean that we are different.. we are also living creatures on this planet.. part of the food chain, of the ecosystem.

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
To experience, to feel, and to love.

Positively dripping with stilton.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

580 posts

Posted:
if you dont mind me asking, what is stilton.. it sounds like some green goop that you play with as a child...but then again, it sounds a bit nauseating.

confused

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
its cheese honey - really strong yukky cheese.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

580 posts

Posted:
ah, its all clear to me now umm.......i think

but anyways, so the meaning of life is love and experiences dripping with sticky smelly cheese.. did i get this right? do you have a cheese fetish? umm tongue ubbtickled

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
wot wud existance be with out it?! cheddar is the best tho - stilton is too strong for me. hmm... cheese n onion sandwich filler... tuna n cheese melts...

my doctor banned me from alcohol, cigarettes n.... cheese coz i was havin migranes. randomly. eek
EDITED_BY: teejay_blue (1101738455)

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
Written by: stickman

in my opinion we are no different from a plant or a sea urchin.. just because we can think of things like this and a sea urchin cannot, doesnt mean that we are different.. we are also living creatures on this planet.. part of the food chain, of the ecosystem.

i think the same thing. but why limit this idea to just animals. i think that just as we are no different from an animal we are also no different than a rock or a galaxy or a thought.

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
32 or is it 42?

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
to gain wisdom, to learn, to teach, to exist...........i think the meaning of life is simplicity, any time you want to debate it brain, just let me know.........god knows grasshoppah is about as intellectual as boil on your toe wink

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
i think to make a positive difference however small smile

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
It's 42.

And all I meant was what I said was really cheesy = really tacky and lame wink Sorry it's my obscure reference to an obscure phrase!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
aaah, gd to c sumone eles has seen the hichhikers guild to the galaxy too tongue

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
boil on my toe? frown

positive influence? does it matter what kind of influence it is. a good person they can make a negative influence a positive one.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I would say it’s to reproduce. Simple as that. The only reason we are here today is because we’ve reproduced well enough in the past to be here.

Rocks don’t reproduce so I wouldn’t include them with ‘living’ things. Thoughts and galaxies do have a kind of selection working on them (IE bad thoughts don’t last long, and good ones are copied many times) but I don’t think that just having selection working on something means its’ alive.

Richard Dawkins in The Blind Watchmaker talks about crystal selection in the form on clay (being crystal based). A clay that forms a dam, dries and gets blown to another river to dam again will propagate faster than a clay that has to wait for the river to dry up. I won’t go on about it too much here, read the book it you are interested. You might want to try reading some of Douglas Adams’ speeches he gave. One of particular interest is “is there an artificial God?’, it covers a lot of things very well. I found it in the salmon of doubt, but I’m sure you can Google it.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
ok let me re-phrase the question. whats the meaning of existance? life is only a fraction of everything...wouldnt you agree...so why should it be more important than non-living things. they still exist dont they?

1,489 posts

Posted:
negative influence is needed just as much as positive, the balance thing ya know, you cant have good with out bad, light with out dark, peanut-butter with out jelly, no one side can ever have full controll, you'd loose balance, universal chaos, and such wink i think thats why this planet is dieing, not becasue evil is gaining controll or visa-versa, but with all the medical advances that keep people alive longer, and the more we cheat death, the universe has nothing to build off of, no energey returning to the source, and stuff..........well brain will understand that so bye....

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
There is no "meaning", we're here because we've not died yet. So is everything else. As for the bigger picture about Space and how or why the universe exists, well I don't think you'll find an answer here....!

(becase no one knows....not because we've stupid!)

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
yeah, i said somehting like that in the jesus vs god thing. but the penut butter and jelly i can only disagree with. they are both pretty good by themselves.

fried egg, chili, chutney sandwich
now thats all wrong, those of you who watch red dwarf know what im talking about. smile

1,489 posts

Posted:
ah yes while the peanut-butter and jelly are good by themselves, together there is no greater power (trust my 5 year old will do anything for a p,b,&j)

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
The meaning of life

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
oh [censored] off with that dictionary crap

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I hate to be the one saying it but there is no meaning to life... Its just an evolutionary branch...

If you were to say "why are we here", if you want to get metaphysical, my belief is we all should love and be loved... it is our experience that we pass to others, and our energy that goes beyond known space and time. To quote Babylon 5 (a tv show that was quite metaphysical, honest) "We are the universe trying to understand itself" Trite, i know, but it seems to make sense to me...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I hate to be the one saying it but there is no meaning to life... Its just an evolutionary branch...

If you were to say "why are we here", if you want to get metaphysical, my belief is we all should love and be loved... it is our experience that we pass to others, and our energy that goes beyond known space and time. To quote Babylon 5 (a tv show that was quite metaphysical, honest) "We are the universe trying to understand itself" Trite, i know, but it seems to make sense to me...
ubblocoubblocoubblocoubblocoubbloco

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i think that our human life is a step along a greater path towards...something. we are the sum total of the experiences that we have had in many lives before, that we cannot remember, and what happens to us in this life will change who and what we are in the next.

the reincarnation, i think, isnt another thing on this earth, though. possibly something in a four dimensional universe, maybe as a hyperintelligent shade of the colour blue, maybe as an immensely dense being that can swim through rock like water. But in any case, something that we have not seen, and possibly cannot comprehend. like we cannot comprehend what we were before, and whatever we were cannot comprehend what we are now.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
MiG id like to see you write more often. it just sounds good.

i like to think of the world as a bunch of the same. whether it be a preditor hunting its prey or a leaf gathering light for food. it seems to me that its all the same thing. we only see our own lives as highley advanced because it is our own. i believe that everything that happens in the universe can be compared to anything that happnes right infront of your eyes.

it would be very hard for me to prove this becuase im pretty young and havent learned a whole lot. and theres not much of a but to that.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Does there have to be a meaning? I'm going to reference the great Dawkins again here:

We humans have purpose on the brain. We find it hard to look at anything without wondering what it is for, what the motive for it is, or the purpose behind it [...]There are many things about which you can ask "what is its temperature?" or "what colour is it?" but you cannot ask the same things of jelousy or prayer. You are right to ask about the purpose of a bicycle's mudguards, not right to assume the question deserves and answer when posed about a boulder, a misfortune, Mount Everest or the Universe. Questions can be simply innappropriate.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
a good quote. however, my own idea of the word is that the only reason why we cant see the purpose is because its too big. we cant see it in relation to something else. The planet earth could be like a cell. the universe gives us light and water and from this humans are created. so, to me, asking what is the point of a red blood cell is the same as asking why humans or why universe.

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
Life is like a sewer.

What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

Socks

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

satyagrahanewbie
11 posts

Posted:
The Beatles said it baby:

'All you need is love, love is all you need.'

i'm a good kisser, but you're a fast learner...

Page: